8: The Xenoglossy

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Once Yeri goes to the address of the hospital she once had been, she remembered it to be all white and new... But now it was yellowed and haven't been renovated since, the young half-blood walks inside the institute to see that there are still many patients, nurses and doctors inside.

 

She could all remember that day, she was once a patient and greeted by the nurses when she was slowly recovering. But now the once so lively atmosphere has dimmed into a bleak and uneasy feeling as she went inside the establishment, she walked to the reception to see a nurse who looks like she had not been well for a few days. The nurse seems busy through the phone and Yeri couldn't wait a second.

 

The half-blood took out her police badge. Since she has passed the SSS rank exams, she has owned an elite badge, most commonly known as a police badge but with a very little difference on it that would separate than a normal badge. "Hi, I'm working as a police detective. May I have a few questions with you?" She greeted with a firm tone.

 

The nurse dropped the call from the phone and bows to her politely, "Ah yes, officer. What is it?" She responded before seeing the female's badge and thought she was so young to be a police officer. "By any chance, do you still have hospital records from a decade ago? I have something to investigate with it." Yeri asked before the nurse looked at some trackers of the records in one notebook. "Yes we have. Let me lead you to it." Then she stood up and starts walking, the half-blood followed through.

 

"I think we might have some old hospital records from before, although some of it were already torn and thrown away years ago when the last inspector checked the archives for personal purposes." The nurse explained as they walked to the long hallway and then stopped in front of an elevator, she pushed the button in the basement and they went inside before they got to their destination.

 

The basement smelled like ash and dust, as if the place got burned down before. She slowly starts to be wary of the surroundings as the nurse lead her to the archives room at the end of the hallway, lights flickering as it was old and dull before the nurse turns on the lights inside the archives.

 

There are so many shelves inside with old books and records of the patients from before, the nurse told her. "Please take time to browse through the archives, officer. I hope you find what you need." Then she bows, and Yeri as well. "Thank you." Then the nurse smiled before walking out to go back to the reception.

 

Yeri starts browsing through the shelves to find the old records of hers, she had been looking through the names of countless patients before seeing nothing of her name. She starts to look through again, alphabetically. Her eyes are getting tired of looking through her name until she sees a glimpse of a scratched and tattered record from the very corner of the shelf.

 

With her height, she can't possibly reach it as it was at the top of it. She sighed before using her agility by climbing over the shelf fast and gets the book, Yeri coughed at the dust from the book before brushing it to see the name of the doctor she's been looking for: Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

Once she opens the old book, pictures starts to fall from the first page of it. Yeri instinctively crouch down to pick the pictures and to her horror, her eyes widen...

 

It was some old pictures... pictures of young children in their age of 11, one of them was her before the accident took place.

 

"This can't be..." She muttered as she looked through her picture. Then she looked at the first page of the record... but it wasn't a record.

 

It was a research, called Operation: Stygian Nymph.

 

Choi Seunghyun, the doctor who took care of her, was the one who proposed this research. It was a research where he will make an artificial half-blood of his own making, it was a frankenstein move. He wanted to make a half-blood by transplanting a vampire's organ into a living human body. He prefers to do it in young children, to see that they could adapt to a vampire lifestyle but still being alive.

 

She read through the pages, but as she continues to read it was more unbearable to see. The recent children of the experiment were a failure, they did not survived in the few months prior to the operation because of blood necrosis. Yeri just discovered how twisted the doctor was, using children just about her age for an experiment that she was involved to.

 

She felt the guttering feeling her stomach that she clutched onto it. She couldn't bear to think that a doctor like him would do a twisted experiment on her, but she must go on...

 

Yeri refused to stop her investigation as she looked through the book, she read the end results of his research.

 

"It took me a year to finalized the operation of Kim Yerim, her tenacious heart and free-spirited attitude does hinder the effects of blood necrosis, it resists the growing necrosis that it stops from spreading. It is rather intruiging that the donor's organ didn't affect any of the Kim Yerim's. The blood of the ancient and ███████ would suit well together. Therefore, I concluded that the Operation: Stygian Nymph is successful after a few complications and setbacks. Kim Yerim is the perfect body for ████████..."

 

The next sentences were shaded off with a black marker, she looked through the pages to see if there are some clues until she sees the vampire donors at the end of the page. Her name was there but the vampire don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter