12: New Tenants

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I R E N E

 

 

I already promised to myself that I would never set foot to her home again but today I had to. My presence is needed there.

 

I don't like it.

 

Looking at the front gate, I can already see myself hating it as growing up, it is still the same gate that led me to my mother who neglected me and my father. I would never forgive her from letting us struggle with living through the rags.

 

Then I saw Seulgi walking beside me, looking at the front gate as well. "It's strange you get an invitation by an unknown sponsor." She spoke as she already know about the invitation as I told her before we get here with her car, I sighed and shakes my head. "I saw in the invitation that my mother's name is in there so that means I must go to this occassion."

 

I looked at the invitation, "I hope this was worth it." I muttered before Seulgi was going to get it before I pry her hand away from the invitation. "No, only those names in the invitation can read this. I had a name in this." I lied, not wanting her to know my mother's name.

 

She pouted and huffed a little, "I want to take a peek." She pleaded with a cute face. I would admit, Seulgi giving me that face makes me want to strangle her. "You can't read what's in here, Seulgi. Stop insisting." I told her firmly and then she sighed in defeat, "Okay, but you'll get home later right?" She asked.

 

I nodded and smiled at her, "Yeah, you can go ahead now and meet up with whoever you're going to meet." Seulgi winked at me before going back to her car and starts driving off to where she's going to meet someone while I'm in front of the gates of my mother's house. I walked closer and was going to knock on the gate when someone opened it.

 

To my surprise, it was Vivienne, Yoona's body double. She might look like her but she's nothing like her, especially her iconic blonde hair and her mysterious smile says it all. She's always tailing my mother and I don't like it.

 

"Oh what do we have here?" She greeted and glanced at the invitation on my hand, "I see you have been invited as well." Then she opened the gate for me to enter. I kept a straight face towards her and walked inside before I start walking inside the home I despised most. Then she starts walking beside me as I enter inside my mother's house, "Unfortunately, your mother won't be attending here, she has some important things to do for a few days." She told me which stopped my tracks and furrowed my brows as I looked at her.

 

"What...?" Then she opened the door of the porche to see that there are no people inside, "Follow me." Then she leads the way as I followed her just as she wanted. I can hear her humming softly before speaking something, "Do you know why you are invited?" She asked before responding to her, "There should be a party here, but I don't think there's no people here."

 

"Correct, no people inside because there's only one important individual you had to meet face to face." Vivienne told me and she is brutally honest with it, I've known her ever since I got into my mother's home. She's sarcastic and deceitful, until now. However, she's also honest, in a way that you would always doubt on her words. Once we go up to the staircase, I asked again. "Who is this someone?"

 

She tilted her head and smirked before we get to the second floor and walked in the long hallway, once she get to my mother's office I stopped. I suddenly have a gut feeling that there is something going on once I'm inside, "She's waiting for you." Then Vivienne opens the door for me before walking in, there I froze.

 

"Oh...? So this is Bae Joohyun." It was her, sitting comfortably in front of my mother's chair, "Kim Hyuna..." I uttered her name as I glared at her.

 

I was going to get my handgun when Vivienne stopped me, "Oh no, dear Irene! Hyuna and I made a truce that no blood will be spilled here, besides..." She walked closer to me and whispers. "None of these will come out, you won't tell your mother about it." As soon as she finished whispering to me, she injected me something on my neck that made me paralyzed and sit on a chair, facing in front of Hyuna.

 

"Don't worry, it will only take an hour for the solution to disolve and you're good to go." Vivienne told me as I glared at her before looking back at Hyuna who is smirking in front of me. "I gotta say, she has the charm of her mother but has the looks of her father. An uncanny resemblance." Hyuna told me as she chuckles before shifting her position on the chair.

 

"You know, you're just like me. I look like my bastard father, but I have the power from my mother." She grins and leans in to take a closer look on me, since I couldn't move my whole body instead of my head. She even took my face to take a good look on me, I can only do is to glare at her. "You have your mother's blood, I can see that in your eyes."

 

I couldn't take it anymore and whips my head away from her grasp, she can only blinked and laughs a bit. "We're not the same, Kim Hyuna." I told her, grudgingly. "Just tell me why you're here." I told her, wanting our conversation to be straight to the point.

 

She sighed and shakes her head before going back to her seat, "Straightforward, eh? I like it." Hyuna replied as she kept her eyes on me. "You know you have that one member in your team I think would be better in my league." And now she knows what she really wanted, "She's one of the hybrids, but she's not really a hybrid, yeah?"

 

"Her name is Kim Yerim." She added as her eyes is full of desires, "She's not like the other hybrids, she's special, more stronger than you think she is."

 

"I won't let you lay a finger on her!" I told firmly and glared at her as my eyes redden. "Oh yes I will, I can get whatever I want now. I have a higher calling, a god calls to me, I need more power and with Kim Yerim's power... I can attain the power of a god."

 

I gritted my teeth in anger as my eyes flared at her, "You've lost your mind, Hyuna... You're sick." I told her. She can only smirk at me before taking out her phone and showed me the picture of the people I love, my grandparents. "I'll take this as a leverage, if you don't give me Kim Yerim in two weeks-- or refused to do so. I will take them out, slowly."

 

"Stay them out of this! They're not involved in your plan!" I responded. I loved my grandparents, they are my second parents after my father's passing, they accepted me for who I am and sheltered me whenever I ran off from my mother. They are my whole world.

 

"I just wanted to ask for something so simple but you make it so hard to comply, besides I will make sure you will say yes this time?" Then she chuckles again.

 

It's between Yeri and my grandparents... She's giving me a hard time to choose as they are both precious to me. "Say yes." She commanded but I just glared at her more, my eyes redden even more as she gave me a hard choice.

 

"I said, say yes." She insisted but I can only reply in silence but she came closer to me and entangled my hair as she makes me look up to her, "Say yes!" Now she's shouting at me, our gaze clashed at each other. Her scarlet eyes against my crimson. But she doesn't know one thing.

 

Hyuna was pushed against the desk with an unknown force, it wasn't me who did it. I turned around to see her, my mother. "You dare come to my abode without my permission." She told and lifts her up in the air without moving her fingers, "Look who it is--" Hyuna praised before she got choked by her.

 

"And you dare touch my daughter, extracting her what she knows." Then she tightens her gripped against her neck and she coughs, "So this is the power of the gifted." Hyuna can only smirk before she slowly dispersed into black smoke escaping from her grasp and left.

 

I suddenly felt all my nerves reacting and I start moving my body again, then stood up from the chair and looked at my mother and Vivienne. "Your plan doesn't work, Vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter