Four

Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jisoo was eating the cake brought by Irene.

 

It was a chocolate flavored cake.. that taste that she likes the most.. but she cannot enjoy it as much as she wants..

 

Her eyes kept on looking at V and Irene talking in the living room.

 

What are they talking about? Why did Irene come here? 

 

How could she forget about her? If V forgot all his memories with her in Amaya.. then he might still be in love with Irene here in his world..

 

She sighed.

 

“What’s with you?” asked Jin coming to the kitchen to get some water. 

 

His mouth fell open as he saw almost half of the cake is gone.

 

“You ate all of that?” he asked in shock. “I can’t believe you ate that much already..”

 

Jisoo was still frowning as she continued eating.

 

She badly wants to know what those two are talking about.. 

 

She turned to Jin who was putting back the water inside the fridge.

 

“Jin oppa..” she called him pouting.

 

“I told you to call me Manager Jin instead.. why am I your oppa? You aren’t my sister..” he said scolding her.

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

She always forgets that word which is why she just calls him oppa..

What does it even mean? What kind of language is that?

 

“What is it? Why are you looking down today?” asked Jin after noticing she has been frowning since he arrived.

 

Jisoo looked at V and Irene again.

 

“What are they?” she asked turning to Jin again.

 

Jin’s brows furrowed.

 

“What are they? What do you mean?”

 

Jisoo pointed at the two.

 

“Are they married to each other?” she asked knitting her brows.

 

Two people in love get married in Amaya. So does it also make them a married couple here in the modern world?

 

Jin pulled her to one side.

 

“Lower your voice..” he said hushing her. “They aren’t married.. but they are ex lovers..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes thinned.

What does he mean by ex lovers?

 

“How can you be so clueless? Don’t you really know?” asked Jin sighing. 

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“They once loved each other then they broke up..” said Jin explaining to her.

 

“They got married then broke up?” asked Jisoo still unable to understand.

 

Jin put his hands on his waist, frustrated at her.

 

“No.. they didn’t get married.. although they did plan to be married..” he said whispering to himself. “Anyway.. before marriage.. a man and a woman date for a while to get to know each other more and after that they decide to get married.. in their case.. they decided to break up in the middle of  dating..”

 

Jisoo was still trying to process all the new information she has gathered.

 

So.. in this world.. two people don’t get married right away? They need to go through that thing called dating before marriage?

And they could also break up and separate?

Why? 

 

In Amaya, they get married directly and skip the process of dating.. and there’s no such thing as separating from each other..

 

“Why did they break up?” asked Jisoo curiously. “Why?”

 

“They don’t love each other anymore..” Jin answered in a low voice.

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh.

 

So V doesn’t love Irene anymore.. that’s a relief! She thought that the two of them got married here in this world!

 

Then a doubt came to her mind..

 

“But.. what if.. two people got separated yet never stopped loving each other? Is it still called a breakup? Are they ex lovers?” she asked looking at Jin.

 

Jin remained silent for a moment.

 

Why is her question so difficult to answer? It suddenly makes her look smart..

 

“Why would they separate if they still love each other?” he asked shrugging his shoulders. “They won’t break up if they still love each other..”

 

“What if.. he had to leave her without wanting it.. and he.. has forgotten her unintentionally..?” asked Jisoo puting her hands together tightly.

 

Jin was drumming his fingers on the counter.

 

“By forgetting her.. you mean.. he doesn’t remember her at all?” 

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“Then.. he doesn’t love her anymore..” said Jin smiling onesidedly. “Love is supposed to be mutually perceived by two people.. if the other person doesn’t remember.. thus doesn’t love anymore.. then that means.. they are over.. that’s what you call ex lovers..”

 

Then he left Jisoo to get something from V’s room.

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

She lowered her gaze down to the floor.

 

Jin oppa is saying that she and V are ex lovers now? That they are each others’ past? They are over?

 

But that can’t happen.. 

 

She came all the way here for him.. she waited nine months for this.. she almost died to come here..

 

Jin oppa must be wrong.. maybe he doesn’t know anything in love.. 

 

But.. looking back at those two again.. she feels intimidated.. 

 

Why do they look good together as if they were meant for each other?

 

Irene looks pretty.. she’s wearing a colorful dress.. and her shoes are also gorgeous.. her hair.. her nails..

 

Everything about her is beautiful..

 

Jisoo looked at herself.

 

Why does she look so shabby and dull compared to her?

How will V become attracted to her like before if all the women he is meeting here in his world are all beautiful like Irene?

 

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

“You should have just called me.. you know rumors could fly fast..” said V sipping on his coffee.

 

He only had a quick shoot this morning so he came back right away.

 

To be honest, he was worried that Jisoo might do something weird in his house.

 

“I wanted to tell it to you face to face.. that’s why I came here..” Irene answered.

 

She drank from her cup of tea before speaking again.

 

“I met your mom in the States..” she said putting the cup down. “It seems like she was unaware of our breakup..”

 

V sighed.

 

That’s right.. he didn’t tell his mom yet because he knows she was very fond of Irene.

 

His mom has been working in US as a designer since his dad passed away.

 

“She gave me lots of gifts.. I didn’t know what to do so.. I didn’t tell her anything..” she continued. 

 

V nodded his head.

 

“Thank you..” he said softly. “I will talk to her once she comes back to Korea.. it’s better to tell her in person than over the phone..”

 

Irene smiled.

 

“I am planning on announcing my engagement with my boyfriend in a few months..” she said lowering her gaze. 

 

“So you want me to hurry up and tell her?” asked V crossing his legs.

 

“I just.. don’t want to startle her..” Irene said looking at him. “You know how I like your mom.. she took care of me and helped me with my studies.. I wouldn’t be a radio announcer if it weren’t for her..”

 

V took a deep breath.

 

He will have to tell his mom anyway..

Although he knows she’s not going to like it..

 

He was thinking to himself when his eyes met Jisoo’s.

 

She was in the kitchen looking at him like she’s about to cry.

 

It’s that look again..

 

That one when she first met him..

 

The same look she has when she appears in his dreams..

 

What has gotten into her? Why does she look sad?

 

Then he saw her eating a piece of cake and getting some on her cheeks.

 

Jisoo pursed her lips as she went to find some tissues.

 

V chuckled.

 

Why is she so clumsy? 

She was just looking sad a second ago and now she looks like a baby getting mad at herself..

 

“What is it oppa?” asked Irene looking back at where V has been staring at. “What happened?”

 

V cleared his throat.

 

“Nothing..” he said shaking his head. “You should go now..”

 

Irene stood up.

 

“I’m sorry.. my visit was sudden..” she said keeping her head low. 

 

V also rose from his seat to accompany her to the door.

 

Then he was surprised to see Jisoo behind them.

 

“When did you-..?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes were lowered.

 

“Jin oppa told me to guard the door well..” she said pouting. 

 

Irene smiled.

 

“Is she your assistant oppa?” she asked to V. “She’s cute..”

 

Jisoo looked at her.

 

“I’m his housekeeper..” she said shyly.

 

Irene smiled wider.

 

“A housekeeper? Isn’t it the first time you had one?” she said looking at V.

 

V nodded his head.

 

“Well.. I just thought I needed one these days..” he said in a low voice.

 

She’s more like a troublemaker though.. 

 

“I’ll leave now oppa.. take care of yourself..”  said Irene finally going out.

 

V turned to Jisoo as soon as he saw Irene leave.

 

“If hyung told you to guard the door well.. why did you open it before?” he said as his eyes thinned. “There are lots of bad guys going around these days.. you shouldn’t open the door so carelessly..”

 

Jisoo just nodded her head.

 

She’s still thinking about what Jin told her before.

 

Should she really just tell V everything?

He might start to notice her again if he knows that she is his wife in Amaya..

Maybe he will remember her again?

 

But what if he doesn’t remember her? Telling him will just make him feel awkward.. and that will make herself into a fool..

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” asked V feeling conscious of her piercing stare.

 

Jisoo turned her back against him before going back to the kitchen.

 

V took a deep breath.

 

He just got ignored, didn’t he?

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

Jisoo has been rolling on her bed for more than two hours and she still hasn’t been able to sleep.

 

This soft mattress and smooth sheets feel so good to lay down on but she can’t get any sleep at all.

 

She sat up and sighed as she looked around the room.

 

She’s here inside V’s house but she can’t even do anything with him.. 

 

And Irene appeared before her making her look more pathetic than ever..

 

Jin oppa even told her practically that V doesn’t love her anymore because he has forgotten her already..

 

She stood up and walked around the room.

 

She needs to do so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter