Eighteen

Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jisoo was walking along the stream where V used to spend most of his times alone during his first days in Amaya.

 

It feels cold..

 

She feels cold.. without him..

 

Everything turns frigid if she isn’t with him..

 

She sat down as she reminisced the time she spent with him as his wife..

 

It was only for a short period of time but it was the most meaningful to her..

 

She was the happiest during that time..

 

But it’s over now.. it’s all in the past..

 

In modern words.. they broke up for good..

 

She is never going to see him again..

 

She didn’t realize she was shedding tears..

 

She wiped them off right away..

 

And then Suga suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

He sat beside her.

 

“Why are you crying when the weather is really great today?..” he said turning to face her. “You cry when it’s sunny.. you cry when it starts raining.. you cry when it’s snowing.. how come you have so many tears?”

 

Jisoo smiled as she continued wiping her tears.

 

“Why are you picking on me when the weather is this great anyway? You should find a wife to tease as soon as possible..” she replied as her eyes thinned. 

 

Suga chuckled.

 

“I don’t think I need to find a wife anymore.. I have a lot of people to take care of already..” he said smiling a little. “And Junkyu is a such a headache to me that I don’t think I can handle anyone else..”

 

Jisoo smiled wider.

It’s true he has many people he needs to guide.. and Junkyu must still be making a lot of troubles here and there..

 

“Still.. I find happiness in serving our people..” said Suga looking at the sky. “And although Junkyu gives me a lot of problems.. he takes care of me the most.. he’s hardworking at everything I ask him to do.. and he never forgets to help his sister..”

 

Jisoo looked at him.

 

“I’m glad to hear that.. to be honest.. I was worried about all of you.. and I kinda missed you..” she said as she also looked up in the sky. “The weather is indeed great.. I shouldn’t have cried..”

 

She feels better now that she talked to him.. maybe this is what she has been needing the most.. 

 

Someone whom she could talk to and ask for opinions..

 

She has been hanging in there just by herself.. she had no one else to talk to.. she was all alone..

 

“But Jisoo.. do you think.. you will be able to be happy by staying here.. with us?” asked Suga without looking away from the sky. “You waited for the right time to go there, didn’t you? Are you going to just give up after what you have been through?”

 

Jisoo turned to him again.

 

She has been hurt many times already.. she has been abandoned twice already..

Why is he talking like she hasn’t been in pain enough?

 

“I love it here in Amaya.. it’s a lot more peaceful here to be honest.. I missed everyone here.. I wanted to see all of you..” she said tearing up again.

 

“I know that..” said Suga looking into her eyes. “I know you love our people.. I know that you missed us.. we all know that Jisoo.. but are you confident that you will not regret staying here forever without him? Will you be fine?”

 

Jisoo remained silent.

 

Regrets? She hates having regrets the most..

She always tries hard and puts efforts in everything she does just so she won’t have regrets in the end..

 

Will she not regret it?

 

“I’ll ask you again..” said Suga softly. “Can you be happy without him? Can you promise to do so? Or will you cry everyday just like what you did just now?”

 

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

 

No.. just knowing that she can never see him again already makes her feel sad..

 

She will never be happy again just like how she was before..

 

As much as she loves everyone here in Amaya.. as much as they try to give happiness to her..

 

The love that she’s looking for.. the happiness she’s pursuing..

 

They are all from just one person..

 

Suga tapped her shoulders lightly.

 

“Only your heart can give you the answer.. because it flutters when you’re happy and it hurts when you’re sad.. so please Jisoo.. go back.. and bring happiness to yourself.. you deserve it.. do not worry about us.. do not worry about Amaya..”

 

 

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

 

“I saw her in front of my restaurant two years ago.. she was undocumented.. she said she didn’t know anyone here.. she was weird and naive to many things.. that’s why I thought she came from North Korea..” said the restaurant owner. “She said she’d work hard if I gave her a place to sleep and some food.. she didn’t even ask me to pay her but I felt bad for her because she always works hard..”

 

V was holding Jisoo’s hand tightly as he listened to the owner.

 

How can he be so stupid for not looking for her? She was just nearby.. she never left.. she never went away..

 

The restaurant owner told him that Jisoo has been working diligently at his restaurant for more than two years..

 

If only he had tried to look for her.. if only he had believed that she was just there..

 

Then this wouldn’t have had to happen..

 

The surgery was done already but Jisoo hasn’t woken up yet..

 

She broke a few ribs because of the impact.. she has a lot of bruises on her body..

 

V kissed her hand softly before looking at her from head to toe.

 

She looks thin.. she has lost weight.. the soft and pretty hands he used to hold have calluses now.. 

 

How could a woman like her endure washing the grills and dishes for more than two years?

 

She was overworked but never complained.. instead she worked harder everyday without even getting paid fairly..

 

Poor Jisoo.. it’s all because she met a man like him who couldn’t take care of her..

 

“I will bring her stuff this afternoon..” said the owner. “Please don’t file a lawsuit against the restaurant.. I really had no choice because she was-..”

 

“We will talk about it..” said Jin opening the door. “You may go now..”

 

He accompanied the owner out.

 

V hasn’t taken his eyes off of Jisoo ever since she came out of the operating room.

 

He feels extremely guilty.. and sorry.. and regretful..

 

There is no excuse he could use.. there is nothing he could say..

 

He’s at fault for making this disgrace fall upon the woman he loves the most.

 

Jin came back a few minutes later together with Jungkook and Tzuyu who ran to the hospital as soon as they heard the news.

 

Tzuyu started crying after seeing Jisoo’s condition.

 

“What did they say?” she turned to V. “How is she?”

 

V was also shedding tears, unable to say anything..

 

Jin patted his back

 

“They said the operation was successful but we need to wait for her to wake up so we could get her examined again..” he said sighing.

 

Jungkook offered a handkerchief to Tzuyu.

 

“She will be fine.. she’s a strong woman..” he said looking at Jisoo.

 

There was silence between the three of them.

 

There was nothing they could say.. fear for the worse was gripping on them.. worries and concerns were evident..

 

“Your mother called me V..” said Jin breaking the silence. “She will come back the day after tomorrow from the States..”

 

V nodded his head.

 

“Thanks hyung..” he whispered softly.

 

“You should go home and rest a little while we stay here with Jisoo V hyung..” said Jungkook.

 

V shook his head.

 

“I will wait for her to wake up.. I need to see with my own eyes the moment she opens her eyes.. I have a lot of things to tell her.. I have-..”

 

He choked back a sob.

 

He wants to ask forgiveness to her.. no.. maybe he doesn’t even deserve it.. 

 

He needs to see her waking up.. only then he could worry less.. only then he would be able to breathe again..

 

 

 

But a week has passed and there was still no improvement on Jisoo’s conditions.

 

“They said she would regain consciousness in one to two days but why hasn’t she woken up yet?” asked V worriedly. “Why isn’t she waking up?”

 

Jin could only sigh.

 

If the doctors don’t know what to say either.. how could he answer him?

 

“Let’s wait for a little more V.. just believe in Jisoo.. she will surely-..”

 

“I deserve to die..” said V crying his heart out while he held her hand. “I should have been hit instead.. it was all my fault that she had to suffer.. it was me who hurt her..”

 

Jin patted his back.

 

“Don’t blame yourself V.. I’m sure Jisoo wouldn’t want either..” he said trying his best to comfort him.

 

Then Jin’s phone rang.

 

“Let me pick this call up for a moment.. I’ll be back right away..” said Jin excusing himself.

 

V heaved a sigh.

 

He’s making it hard for everyone.. Jin has been staying with him in the hospital while busily taking care of the things with his agency.

 

There’s a lot of rumors about him not going abroad because of Jisoo.. people say she is his hidden lover.. that he got her pregnant.. that he has a child with her..

 

People are badmouthing him but he doesn’t care about any of them.. if they can’t accept his relationship with her, he’s willing to quit being an actor.. he can’t afford to lose Jisoo anymore..

 

Not again.. not ever..

 

He  looked at Jisoo’s face while still holding her hand tight.

 

She lost the fat on her cheeks.. she must have had a hard time working at the restaurant.. 

 

It must have been tiring.. she must have had it tough yet she never gave up..

 

She doesn’t give up on anything once she puts her mind into it..

 

She has always been like that.. even in Amaya.. even before.. and this is why he loves her..

 

This woman crossed another world and lived in a foreign place to her just so she could be with him yet he pushed her away..

 

“I’m sorry Jisoo..” he whispered softly as he rose from his seat. “I’m really sorry..”

 

He kissed her on her forehead.

 

“I love you.. I have always loved you.. and I’m sorry for not fighting for my love for you..” he said in tears as he stared at her face. 

 

“Wake up.. open your eyes Jisoo.. and please.. come back to me.. I beg you.. to come back to me..”

 

He sat back on the chair and held her hand again with both his hands.

 

“I an never going to let go of your hand anymore.. I beg you.. to wake up.. so I can show you how much I have missed holding your hand like this.. so I can tell you that I love you again..”

 

His tears continued falling down.

 

“Even in this world.. I did nothing but to hurt you Jisoo.. I gave nothing but pain to you.. I’m really sorry..”

 

How can he make the same mistake twice? 

He left her in Amaya.. and even here.. he did the same..

 

And look at what happened because of his foolishness..

 

The only wish he has in his heart right now is for her to live.. he wants to stay with her for a long time.. he wants to love her for a long time..

 

He wants to do a lot of things with her.. go to his favorite places with her..

 

He put his forehead down against his hands holding hers while he continued crying..

 

“Jisoo.. my wife.. please.. give me a chance.. come back to me..” he could barely speak as the emotions overwhelmed him.

 

“I want to hear your voice again.. I want to listen to your stories.. I want to see you drink your favorite hot chocolate drink again.. Jisoo.. I want to-..”

 

Then he felt something brush his hair.

 

He pulled his head up immediately.

 

And that’s when he saw her eyes looking at him with tears.. her other hand wanting to touch him..

 

“Jisoo..” he called her softly.

 

V rose from his seat and kissed the top of her head.

 

“You woke up.. finally.. my wife woke up..” he said looking at her eyes. “I’m glad you came back to me.. I’m really.. thankful..”

 

Jisoo was just smiling at him.. still feeling weak..

 

“V.. I had-..” she spoke in a very low voice.

 

V held her face with his hands delicately.

 

“You can talk later.. I will listen to you.. don’t force yourself too much Jisoo..” he said kissing her on her temple.

 

But Jisoo continued muttering words..

 

“I had.. a dream..”

 

V’s brows were knitted together.

 

“A dream?” he repeated after her. 

 

Jisoo’s lips curled up as tears fell from her eyes.

 

V wiped them right away.

 

“You can tell me everything later Jisoo.. I will call the doctor first and-..”

 

“Amaya.. I was there..” she continued speaking softly.

 

V raised her brows.

Did she just say.. Amaya?

 

“I was there for a brief moment.. I saw.. Junkyu.. he misses you a lot.. and.. Yeri’s son has grown up a lot.. he looks like Jinyoung..” 

 

V smiled as he continued listening to her.

 

“And Suga.. I talked to him.. and he told me.. that I should go back to you.. and then.. I woke up.. and really found you by my side.. wishing for me to come back to you..”

 

V was nodding his head as his tears streamed down his face.

 

“It was a nice dream..” he said kissing her forehead. 

 

Whether it was dream or not.. whether it was the reason why she took long to wake up.. what’s important to V now is that she came to him.. that she’s safe now..

 

He isn’t going to let her leave him again.. he isn’t going to push her away again..

 

This time.. he will make sure to make her happy..

 

Just like the promise he made to her as her husband..

 

 

 

—————————

 

 

 

A month later..

 

 

“Thank you hyung.. I will pass by the company to thank our president personally..” said V over the phone.

 

Jin called him about the agency’s response to his relationship with Jisoo.

 

He stubbornly announced it himself to everyone by calling all the reporters without telling his management.

 

He thought he was going to get fired for sure but the reporters wrote only nice articles about him praising his honesty..

 

“I’ll call you and Jungkook later hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter