Seventeen

Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Get up! Get up V!” 

 

V was hearing Jin’s voice this early in the morning.

Why did he come early anyway?

 

He sat up with his eyes still closed.

 

“You have a photoshoot today..” said Jin putting his hands on his waist. “Good thing I came here, otherwise we would have been late!”

 

V opened his eyes slightly.

The sunlight was blinding him.. Jin must have opened all the windows again..

 

“Can you close the windows hyung? I can’t open my eyes well..” said V complaining.

 

Jin sighed.

 

“Close them so you can sleep again? Get up and take a shower now.. we can’t afford to be late today or I’ll be scolded again!”

 

V covered his face with the blanket.

 

“Five more minutes.. just five more minutes hyung.. I want to sleep again..” he said slowly laying himself down on the bed again but Jin pulled him up.

 

“Not even a second! Hurry up and gp to the bathroom while I make breakfast for you!” said Jin pushing him towards the bathroom.

 

He heaved another long sigh as he saw V going inside after forcing him..

 

That punk wouldn’t sleep in the bathtub, would he?

 

He went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat for him.

 

And he couldn’t help but shake his head while staring at what’s inside the fridge.

 

Expired food.. rotten eggs.. opened bottle of milk..

 

Who knows when was the last time V checked his fridge? What has happened to him? Why did he suddenly become this miserable?

 

He threw everything into the trashcan and just cooked some noodles for him instead.

 

He sat down as he waited for the water to boil.

 

It has been two years.

 

He has been acting miserably for two years..

 

Two years have passed ever since Jisoo disappeared from their sight.

 

She suddenly couldn’t be found anywhere..

 

He looked for her himself wanting to help V in any way.. but he wasn’t able to see even a glimpse of her..

 

Where could she have hidden herself? Where did she go to?

 

“She went back to her world..”

 

That’s what V always told him after her disappearance..

 

But he can’t understand him.. he doesn’t know what V means by another world..

 

The only thing he knows is that this guy has become pathetic after Jisoo left.

 

V has worsened.. a lot..

 

He has become a different person..

 

Although he still tries his best in his field but as a person.. as a man.. he doesn’t feel like himself anymore..

 

The engagement with Irene never happened.

 

It got postponed at the beginning.. there was too much buzz.. too many questions and curiosities everyone had.. but gradually, they forgot about it..

 

Slowly.. people’s focus was drifted to another rumor.. to another news..

 

And even V’s mom.. Luna.. gradually changed..

 

She has fully recovered from her disease and has gotten closer to V..

And maybe seeing her own son living like a dead person.. she realized that she was at fault..

 

She must have come to know that her son loved Jisoo very much.. and she, his own mother took away his heart from him by asking her to leave his life..

 

She didn’t force V anymore to get engaged with Irene.. although she didn’t say either to break up with her..

 

But since there was no love between the two anymore.. they separated from each other in the end in a friendly manner..

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

V and Jin were in the van heading towards the studio for the photoshoot.

 

“How long does it take to get there hyung?” asked V curiously.

 

Jin turned to him.

 

“30 minutes..” he replied as he looked ahead. “Why?”

 

“I’ll sleep..” said V closing his eyes tight. “Wake me up when we arrive there..”

 

Jin smiled.

 

“Do you think you’ll grow taller if you sleep always? Why do you keep sleeping?” he asked as he shook his head.

 

V remained silent.

 

Why else does he want to keep sleeping?

Why would he force himself to sleep?

 

He wants to see Jisoo.. even just in his dreams..

 

He badly misses her.. there was not a moment in which he didn’t regret sending her away that evening..

 

He should have held her hand.. he should never told her to leave..

 

And now.. she won’t appear even in his dreams..

 

She must hate him a lot that she doesn’t come to visit him in his sleep..

 

She used to be in all his dreams when he lost his memory.. he used to see her every night.. but now.. for two long years.. he hasn’t seen a glimpse of her beautiful face..

 

If only he could see her once again, he would beg her to stay.. if only he could talk to her again.. he would hold onto her..

 

But that will never happen.. he knows it won’t..

 

Because she has gone back to the place where she came from..

 

To the place he met her for the first time..

 

All because of him.. all because he asked her to..

 

He shed a tear before he knew it and quickly wiped it away..

 

He doesn’t want Jin to see he’s suffering.. he wants to hide the fact that he is lonely.. he knows he has worried his manager a lot.. and he doesn’t want to add more worries to him.. 

 

“Come out.. we’re here..” said Jin turning to him.

 

V opened his eyes and looked outside the window.

 

“There are lots of fans outside.. how can they endure waiting in this cold weather?” Jin said to himself as he stared at all those fans.

 

“We should go out now.. they must have been waiting for hours just to see me..” said V going out of the van immediately.

 

He greeted and bowed to everyone as much as he could.

 

There were fans who wanted to take a picture with him.. some wanted to shake his hands.. and some others who were happy just seeing him from afar..

 

He was smiling with all his might when a male fan wearing a hat and a mask asked him to sign an autograph for him.

 

V stopped.

 

It’s a very rare sight for a male fan to be waiting for him.

 

“What’s your name?” he asked looking at the man who was lowering his gaze

 

“Professor Oh..” the man replied. 

 

V’s brows were knitted together.

He looks like someone he knows but at the same time he doesn’t remember him..

What is this weird vibe from him?

 

He smiled to himself before writing down his name.

 

“Do not lose hope..” the man added. 

 

V turned to him again.

Is he saying that to him or what?

 

“Please write that..” said the man. 

 

V nodded and wrote it right away.

 

“Thank you..” said the man before quickly running away from him.

 

V’s eyes followed him.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?” asked Jin grabbing his arm.

 

“Sehun?” V’s eyes thinned as he pronounced the name. 

 

Jin looked puzzled.

 

“What are you saying?” 

 

V shook his head as a smile formed in his lips.

 

“Dr. Oh.. Professor Oh.. just what is he going to be next time?” he said to himself before going inside for the photoshoot.

 

 

 

—————————

 

 

 

“It’s too cold in Seoul.. I want to go somewhere warm..” said Jungkook as he looked outside the window.

 

He went to find V and Jin to have some drinks together.

They haven’t hung out in a while.

 

He has just come back after filming for two months abroad.

He wants to catch up with them.. specially with V whom he knows is still having a hard time.

 

V doesn’t tell him anything.. but his face shows it all..

 

He hasn’t moved on at all..

 

He’s the same as how he was the day Jisoo left..

 

He doesn’t tell him nor Jin what happened or where Jisoo went.. and why he isn’t trying to look for her when everyone knows that he still loves her..

 

They always get V to drink until he’s completely lost it so he would let his feelings out but this guy only says two sentences whenever he’s drunk..

 

 

“It’s all my fault..”

 

“I won’t be able to meet her again..”

 

 

 

Is he just crazy? Or is there any other meaning behind it?

 

Why won’t he be able to meet her again? Did Jisoo get married to someone else? Did she go to another country to hide from him? What is it that really happened?

 

He feels really bad for his bestfriend but he cannot find a way to help him..

 

 

“I heard you got casted in another drama hyung..” said Jungkook pouring some soju into V’s glass.

 

V nodded.

 

“I did.. I’m thinking of accepting it..” he said as he drank from the glass.

 

“I told him to take a break but he doesn’t listen..” said Jin shaking his head. “Well.. when did this guy even listen?”

 

He’s worried about his health.. he has been shooting nonstop..

 

“Shall we go somewhere warm hyung? Let’s escape from the cold winter here in Korea and go to a warm country to take a break..” said Jungkook smiling. “We can stroll the beaches and immerse ourselves into the water and have fun..”

 

V heaved a sigh.

 

That would be torture.. seeing the sea and having fun in the water would be painful..

 

He would just be reminded of Jisoo..

 

He would miss her even more..

 

He might even try to drown himself in hope of going to Amaya to see her..

 

He has been thinking about it a lot.. maybe he could do something like that..

 

He arrived in Amaya after he got into the accident.. so it’s possible he can go there again if he’s in a life and death situation..

 

But what he’s fearing is that.. Jisoo might not want to see him anymore.. 

 

It was her wish back then.. which brought him to that world.. so if she doesn’t wish for him to come to her.. he will never be able to go back to Amaya..

 

Did she perhaps.. get married to someone there? Is Suga taking care of her?

He knows that guy also likes Jisoo.. what if they got married? What if she had children with him?

What if she really started a family with him?

 

V sighed as he drank another glass.

 

“Slow it down..” said Jin taking his glass away. “You have a schedule tomorrow..”

 

“This is the last..” said V taking it back. “Drinking doesn’t help anyway..”

 

And with that sentence, Jin and Jungkook remained silent.

 

They could feel his pain as if it were their own..

 

V must be really lonely.. to the point that nothing can help him.. not even alcohol.. not even his friends..

 

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t want to ruin the mood..” said V faking a smile. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter