It'll be Okay, I am Here

10 Years After That Day

They remained staring back at each other. Mirai looking confused at Ryosuke’s presence while Ryosuke appreciating how beautiful she is, inside his head.

Finally, a smile broke in Mirai’s lips and a single chuckle that sounded more like a scoff. That made Ryosuke grin from ear to ear as he breathed deep and place both hands inside his pocket.

Ryosuke: So...

He glanced quickly at the signage and an amused look in his face broke with that big grin.

Ryosuke: “Mirai”. Hmmm… (nods)

Mirai squinted his eyes and frowned at the guy in front of him.

Mirai: That’s the reason why I did not reply to you. I know you’ll be making fun of it.

Ryosuke just grinned at her, feeling a little sorry.

Mirai glared at him when suddenly he punched him in the stomach.

Ryosuke: Itai—! (coughs)

He coughed while he rubbed his stomache.

Ryosuke: What was that! (coughs) I actually think it’s cute.

He smiled at Mirai while the girl still looking pissed finally sighed.

Mirai: Liar. (sighs) Well, to be fair, I actually couldn’t think of anything.

They both looked at the coffee shop.

Ryosuke: Ah… (looks at Mirai) What are you doing here?

Mirai: Should I be the one asking you that? What are you doing here?

Ryosuke: Aaah. Got a problem on set so the shoot was postponed.

Mirai: Uh-huh.

Ryosuke: You didn’t tell me you already closed at 8pm.

Mirai: (smiles) That’s the usual time coffee shops close. This is not a bar.

Ryosuke: (laughs) So why are you out here if you already closed?

Mirai: Ah…

Mirai thought for awhile.

Mirai: Now that I think of it…I don’t remember. (laughs)

Ryosuke: (squints his eyes) It that a sign of obasan-ism?

Mirai: (laughs) No way! (turns to Ryosuke) Coffee?

Ryosuke: (smiles) That’s eactly why I am here.

 

*****

 

From the glass window of the coffee shop, Ryosuke and Mirai can be seen laughing while talking things over a cup of coffee.

Mirai: You’re lying!

Ryosuke: I wish I am. Yuto really did that. When he kneeled down to propose, he walked passed Yuko-chan and kneeled in front of this slender bald guy. He was so tensed, I guess.

Mirai: I can’t believe Yuto’s confidence was shaken by a marriage proposal.

Ryosuke: It was the most nervous Nakajima Yuto I have ever seen.

Ryosuke stared at Mirai laughing before she took another sip of her coffee.

Mirai: So, how’s your dates going on?

Ryosuke: Aaahh. (briefly chuckles) Fine, I guess. Do you know, they set me up for on a 23-year old girl?

Mirai: (chuckles) What’s wrong with that?

Ryosuke: Mirai, I am 37. I’d look like a sugar daddy.

Mirai covered as she tried not to laugh.

Ryosuke: I didn’t tell mom, but I was so scared when I exited the restaurant and hoped nobody recognized me. I left my date earlier than planned. The worst part is my sister gave her my number and she kept texting me.

Mirai: Don’t tell me you ignored her?

Ryosuke: I have to. She’s young. When I costarred with Tsunematsu Yuri, I even felt weird doing some doki-doki scenes with her and she was just 6 years younger. This girl is 14 years younger than me!

Mirai: But it’s not like she’s a kid. She’s legal. Nothing should be wrong about that.

Ryosuke: I don’t know. (sighs) I couldn’t match her energy.

Mirai: Ah. Ojiisan-ism.

A stiff one-side grin slowly grew on Ryosuke’s face and his lousy eyes blinked.

Mirai: (laughs) That’s not supposed to offend you.

Ryosuke: Oh right. It shouldn’t.

He said sarcastically.

Mirai: Fine. Let’s pass with the 23-year old. (smiles) I’m sure you’ll get a better date soon.

She tapped Ryosuke’s arm before she stood and brought a plate with her in the counter. Ryosuke followed the sight of her.

Mirai was getting some tarts while she talked louder for Ryosuke to hear her from his seat.

Mirai: So, how many more blind dates to go?

Ryosuke: Two.

She lifted herself and placed the plate of tarts on the counter.

Mirai: Not bad. With two more on the queue, that’ll give you a better chance to find a compatible.

She grabbed a glass and poured water on it.

Ryosuke who was looking at Mirai, sighed and blinked and looked down at his cup.

Ryosuke: What if I still don’t like them?

Mirai: Eh?

Ryosuke looked back at Mirai, this time staring at her.

Ryosuke: I said…what if—what if I don’t like any of them?

Mirai got the necessity to be nervous as she looked back at his eyes. That was when she remembered the kiss. Did he really mean to kiss her? Or was it just a sway of the moment, just like how she believed it?

She chuckled dryly and grabbed the plate.

Mirai: Then there should be something wrong about you.

But he just smiled softly at her. Mirai suddenly felt her chest tighten.

Mirai: (breathes deep and smiles) Do you still want these fruit tarts?

She raised the plate.

Ryosuke: Bring them here.

Mirai was relieved the tension disappeared in an instant.

They continued with the casual talk for the next 2 hours that they did not even realized it was pass 11 in the evening.

Mirai cleaned the dishes they used. When she finally finished washing, she removed her apron and hang it.

She went back to the service area, only to find Ryosuke sleeping. Both his hands were loosely on his lap, while his head face down on the table. It was an uncomfortable position.

Mirai: Yama-chan?

She gasped in shock when Ryosuke’s head turned. Now his left cheek was on the table. He was silently and gently breathing.

Mirai sat on her seat across him and crossed her hands on the table, looking at the sleeping Yamada Ryosuke in front of her.

Mirai: He looks so tired.

Mirai slowly lifted her hand and slowly ran through his soft brown hair to sweep the hair that covered his eyes. She rested her chin on her palm and watched him for a while before she heard a rattling sound outside.

Mirai: Huh… It’s raining.

 

*****

 

Mirai can feel the streaks of the sun rays in her half closed eyes. She can hear a vague sound above her, calling her.

Miyuu: Nee-chan!

Mirai slowly lifted her head and back up. She was still processing things when she looked around and realized she was still in the coffee shop. She fell asleep in the table. She looked at the person across her and Yamada Ryosuke was also sleeping uncomfortably with his face down on the table.

Miyuu: (smiles) Ohayoo.

Mirai: Eeeehhh??!! (taps Ryosuke) Yama-chan! Wake up!

Ryosuke groaned and sighed before lifting his head.

The staffs looked at each other when they recognized Yamada Ryosuke.

“Eh? That’s Yamada Ryosuke-san, right?” One of the staff whispered to the other.

Ryosuke blanky looked at Mirai then to Miyuu.

Ryosuke: Ah, ohayo.

When suddenly it hits him. It’s already morning.

Ryosuke: Eh? Work!

Mirai: Work?!

Mirai exclaimed worriedly.

Ryosuke: I have work today!

He started to panic and Mirai as well.

Mirai: Of course you do!

Ryosuke: Eh-eh-eh…What am I gonna do? (looks at his watch) I have 30 minutes.

Mirai: Say, you have your car with you, do you?

Ryosuke realized he did not have a car coz he was drove by his manager last night.

Mirai: Oh gawd you don’t! (turns to Miyuu) Miyuu? Do you have the car keys?

Miyuu: Ah, yeah.

Miyuu immediately gave Mirai the key of her car.

Mirai: (turns to Ryosuke) Yama-chan, let’s go! (grabs her tiny sling bag)

She put her palms together and bowed.

Mirai: Miyuu, I’ll leave the coffee shop to you. Thank you.

Ryosuke immediately followed stood up from his sit and bowed to Miyuu and the staffs and came running after Mirai.

Mirai: Yama-chan, hurry up!

Ryosuke: Yes, yes!

Mirai: (points at Ryosuke’s hair) Yama-chan, bed hair! Bed hair! Fix your hair!

Ryosuke: Eh? (tries fixing his hair)

Miyuu and the rest was looking at them outside the glass wall. She just sighed and smiled in amusement while the staff can’t believe what they just witnessed.

Girl Staff 1: Unn…that was Yamada Ryosuke-san, ne?

Girl Staff 2: (nods) I heard he and Mirai-san are childhood friends.

Girl Staff 1: They get along well, eh?

Girl Staff 2: Ah! Did they spend the whole night here?

Miyuu: Yosh!!! Let’s start working, everyone!!!

The staffs got startled and stiffly stood in front of Miyuu, bowed and dispensed to their stations.

Miyuu chuckled silenly.

 

*****

 

Mirai and Ryosuke got in the car. Mirai on the driver’s seat and Ryosuke next to her.

Ryosuke: You’re driving.

He said worriedly as he buckled on his seatbelt.

Mirai: Of course I am.

She started the engine and dashed. Ryosuke flinched when the car drifted. He knew how Mirai drives when she is in a hurry. It will always be a roller coaster ride. Everybody in their circle of friends knew that Mirai is a good driver but she can drive cars like she is in a race.

Ryosuke: Ah Mirai. I don’t mind getting late.

Mirai: That’s not okay. Do not let bad impression happen in work.

Ryosuke: B-But Mirai—

He flinches again when they suddenly made a mad turn.

 

****

 

It was an intense 30 minutes. Ryosuke felt like throwing up as he felt his heart on his throat. He was lucky he was still alive after all of that.

Mirai happily smiled looking outside the car window. The crew were busily setting up the set and the actors getting ready assisted by the staffs.

Mirai: We made it on time.

Ryosuke: (pants) I think I’m gonna get sick.

Ryosuke made a gagging sound making Mirai turn to him with a big grin on her face.

Mirai: You okay?

He sighed and gulped before looking back at her.

Ryosuke: (pants) You did not kill us. That’s the most important part.

Mirai: (laughs) Just go out now, they are waiting for you.

Ryosuke: (smiles) Thank you.

He grabbed the car’s door.

Ryosuke: For not killing me. (laughs)

Mirai: Idiot! (laughs) Just go!

Ryosuke: Bye. (smiles) I’ll see you…someday?

Mirai shook her head.

Mirai: Soon.

Ryosuke’s smile grew bigger.

Ryosuke: (nods) Soon.

He finally went out of the car and head in the site only to be approached by some of the crew. Mirai saw him bow and apologized before getting offered a seat.

Mirai looked straight ahead and when she was about to turn the engine back on, her phone rang. She grabbed her small bag and fished out the phone.

Mirai: Hello.

A smile grew in Mirai lips. It was her lawyer informing her the confirmation of her divorce with Ryusei Ryo. Finally, her husband signed the divorce papers.

There were tears in her eyes and a smile in her lips. She was happy but a little pained. Afterall, she loved Ryo once and promised a lifetime with him. All the pain of how he hurt her came back to her, she did not realize more tears broke in her eyes when the call ended.

She started sobbing hugging her phone in her chest. She did not realize it’s going to hurt to finally cut ties with him. For ten years…for ten years…she truly loved him.

Her eyes popped in surprised when the door on the driver’s side was opened and when she looked up to her left, all she saw was Yamada Ryosuke’s face. He was peering down at her worriedly. Leaning down to the height of the car.

Instead, that made Mirai cry more as she bit her lower lip.

Ryosuke’s facial expression softened as he slowly and gently held Mirai’s head and pulled her closer to his chest. One hand gently rubbing her head and one hand holding the car door preventing it to open wider.

Slowly, Mirai wrapped her arms around his waist, still terribly sobbing.

Suddenly, Ryosuke bended lower. Mirai removed her hands around him and with him alreaded bended down, she grabbed on his sleeve.

He was looking at her when he softly smiled at her, as his hand cupped her right cheek.

Ryosuke: It’ll be okay.

She remained staring at his beautiful smile before she nodded.

Ryosuke’s hand left her cheek and shifted on top of her head, making her head bow a little.

Ryosuke: (whispers) I am here.

Mirai can’t see his face but his voice calmed her as she closed her eyes as she slowly buried her face on his shoulder.

Ryosuke: O’right. O’right, you can wipe your drenched face there. Just don’t leave a lipstick mark, it’ll be suspicious.

That made Mirai finally laugh against his shoulder.

Ryosuke’s teasing grin turned into a subtle smile as he leaned his cheek on Mirai’s head while his careful hand on her back.

Mirai was just relieved that he can’t see her blushing face but she wished he can’t hear her unstable heartbeat.

 

*****

 

It has been 5 days since that.

5 days and she hasn’t heard anything from him.

They were a numerous times she attempted of messaging him in LINE but she can’t press ‘send’.

She was also pissed that he didn’t send her even a ‘hi’. And it hit her. She gritted her teeth as her brows collided.

Mirai: He could have liked one of his last two dates!

Miyuu: Hmm? Who?

Mirai panicked when she realized Miyuu was passing behind her. Miyuu was taller than her that she looked up at her

Mirai: H-Huh?!

Miyuu: Who? Who could have like one of his last two dates?

Mirai: Uh—Unn… D-Did I say something?

Miyuu: (squints eyes) You’re suspicious. Anyway, we have two orders of iced coffee and an afogato.

Mirai: (nods) Unn.

She was getting the glasses for the iced coffee when her phone rang.

Mirai: Hello, Umika. (smiles)

Umika: Mirai-chan! Omedatou!

Mirai: (grins) That’s kinda late.

Umika: I’m sorry.  The day after your coffee shop’s opening is the same day Jin and I went to LA for some business matter. I totally forgot about your divorce.

Mirai gestured a staff to continue making the coffee for her, as she smiled and bowed at him and walked in a corner to continue the phone call with Umika.

Umika: Anyway, how was it? (sighs) I’m sure it was not a pure bliss. It should hurt too.

Mirai: (nods) Hmm…but I am okay now. (smiles) I am okay now. I am happy.

That made her remember Ryosuke’s smile and how his comforting hand her hair gently and her cheek. His chest…his shoulder. His eyes. His scent.

Mirai shook of the thought of him when she squeezed her eyes tight.

Mirai: (sighs and smiles) I am totally fine letting go of that 10 years. I am ready to start again.

She can hear sniffing from the other line.

Mirai: U-Umika? Are you crying?

Umika: I—I am so proud of you. (sobs)

Mirai laughed.

Umika: This should be celebrated! I wanna see you! I wanna see you now!

Mirai: Eh? (laughs) You’re so weird sometimes.

Umika: I really wanna see you! I wanna hug you!

Mirai: (laughs) Okay, okay. I’ll see you. Not now tho, I have a lot of customers. Tonight. I’ll see you tonight. (smiles)

 

*****

 

Mirai found herself in front of her old condominium building. She had parked her car outside and now she’s in the front desk. She still has a unit in the building. It was the unit she used to live before she got married. Although she once thought of selling it, she wasn’t able to.

She asked for the keys of her room and the reception immediately recognized her. The lady chatted with her for a while telling her how they kept the unit clean in 10 years and assured her that everything was the same as how she left it.

There was an excitement and nostalgia in Mirai when she opened the door of her unit and looked around. The small living room. Her kitchen. The balcony.

She opened her room and there was her bed with her favorite white sheets. She opened the cabinets and her old clothes were still there.

She remembered she had bath bombs in the other cabinet and opened it excitedly. She was welcomed by the nostalgic smell. Eversince she got married, she changed her bath bombs to the ones the Ryusei’s always have at home.

Before meeting up with Umika, she decided to take a soothing hot bath.

When she finished, with just a towel covering her, she looked at her closet and got amused at the old clothes inside.

She opened more drawers and found a huge white hoodie.

Mirai: Huh? Whose… Ah. I forgot about this.

Yamada Ryosuke left that hoodie during their 23rd birthday celebration.

The gang used to celebrate their birthdays together if possible.

That year, 2016, they celebrated their birthdays in her place. Kamiki gave Ryosuke a new hoodie and had him wear his gift instead so the one he was wearing got left and forgotten in her place.

Mirai did not return his hoodie. They just recently patched things up that time so she was then still in love with him. The truth is, she remained in love with Yamada Ryosuke until Ryusei Ryo happened.

She scratched her head in embarrassment when she remembered the times she even tried wearing the hoodie when she sleeps coz it was big and comfortable.

She felt like collapsing as she remembered.

Mirai: Uuuuuuuggghhh!!! Why the hell did I even do that?!!

She shouted, her face heating up, as she shoved the hoodie back in the closet.

 

*****

 

Umika was enjoying her cocktail when Mirai arrived in the restaurant. She silently waved her hand when Mirai looked around.

Umika hugged Mirai when she finally got in their table. She rubbed her back and her arms when she pulled out from the hug.

Umika: You looked a lot prettier. (smiles)

Mirai: (laughs) What’s with that?

Umika: That’s the post-divorce bloom.

Mirai laughed and both of them sat down. She put down under the table a paper bag she brought with her.

Umika: What’s that?

Mirai: Ah…It’s an item I need to return.

Inside was Ryosuke’s white hoodie. She planned on dropping by his place to finally return it. Or she just got an excuse to see him.

Suddenly, Mirai noticed the table was big for just the two of them.

Mirai: Huh? Do we have to expect more people?

Umika grinned at her when Chinen appeared holding Ren.

Chinen and Ren synchrconized. “Mirai-chan.” They said with the same smile and lit in the eyes. Now that she was looking at both of them, Mirai was amazed at how Ren resembled Chinen Yuri so much.

Ren unclasped from Chinen and ran to Mirai.

Ren: Do you have a cheesecake, Mirai-chan?

Mirai: Eeh~? I’ll bring one next time okay?

Ren nodded and skipped closer to Umika.

Chinen: Hissashiburi! (smiles) How are you?

Mirai: (chuckles) I’m fine. How about you? You never age!

Chinen smirked proudly.

Chinen: Well… I think I should take that as a compliment huh?

He sat next to Ren. Ren was now sitted between his parents.

Mirai looked at the sight of them across her and a smile grew in her face when she realized how good should have they looked all three together. She also noticed how distinctively happy Ren was.

Mirai: What a sight~

Chinen: Eh?

Umika glanced at her son then to Chinen next to him. She felt awkard as she cleared and frowned at Mirai.

Mirai laughed silently.

Chinen: Ah, Kamiki’s here!

Kamiki was standing on the entrance, seemed to wait for someone when Hayato and Suzuka appeared behind him. Suzuka was holding Hayato’s arm.

Mirai: Huh? I almost forgot.

After Suzuka broke up with the pediatrician guy, she started going out with Hayato for fun. At least that’s what she heard from Saaya. But it seemed like they fell in love for real and now they were married for 3 years and have a twin boys aged three.

Kamiki: Mirai!!!

Suddenly Kamiki called her out shouting, making the other customers look at him. Suzuka hit him in the shoulder.

Mirai, Umika and Chinen laughed in their sits.

They settled down with them and conversed, catching up at each other when Yuto arrived and joined them too.

Yuto: How about Shuhei and Saaya-chan?

Kamiki: Shuhei’s in the middle of filming somewhere in Hokkaido.

Yuto: That guy is packed too eh?

Suzuka: Meanwhile, Saaya is now in New York for an early vacation. After marrying that producer, she never settles in Tokyo. Having to travel every now and then.

Umika: Eh? How about Yamada-kun?

Yuto: Ah, he is in the press conference of his new movie. Lately he was really busy getting all pushed and tossed by work.

Now Mirai understood why she has not heard anything from him. But the possibility of liking one of her last dates was still an option of course.

Chinen: Yeah. I feel like he only has two hours of sleep everyday.

Suzuka: (sighs) That’s terrible.

Yuto: Well, he had enjoyed his month hiatus before that so I think all his fun time just paid off.

Kamiki: Eh?! Yama-chan!?

Suddenly, Kamiki beamed loudly making the customers on the other tables look at him and to the guy on the entrance who was in formal suit and tie, black leather shoes freshly dyed black hair.

Yamada Ryosuke was standing there, a little embarrassed as he grinned stiffly and bowed at the customers who were looking at him.

By now, the customers had already recognized all of them in that table.

Ryosuke: (hits Kamiki) You’re so loud, idiot!

Kamiki hissed in pain and the rest laughed at them.

Chinen: You look extra.

Ryosuke: I just came from a press conference!

He grinned at Chinen when his eyes landed on Mirai across him who was looking at him. Ryosuke found an empty seat next to Mirai and occupied it.

Mirai: (follows his sight) Are you still okay?

From a closer distance, she can see his tired eyes.

Ryosuke: (nods) Just a little overworked.

Mirai: You could have just gone home and rest.

Ryosuke: (grins) You don’t have to worry, I am okay. And besides, I am starving. (turns to Mirai) You’re paying right?

Mirai: (squints her eyes) Aren’t you too stingy for someone who just promoted a new movie?

Ryosuke: (laughs) I haven’t been paid fully for that yet.

Kamiki: Eeeh?! What is happening here?! Why are you getting along like that when you haven’t seen each other for 10 years?!

Ryosuke: (turns to Kamiki) Ahh…Mirai and I met a month and a half ago.

Chinen: Basically they were together the entire time Ryosuke was in hiatus.

Ryosuke: The way you say it makes it a little wrong.

Mirai: I moved back to Kanagawa.

Suzuka: Huh? Why?

Mirai took a deep breath and straightened her back as she looked at her friends.

Mirai: Unn…how do I put it. (sighs) Ryo and I just got divorced.

“Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhh??!!” Everyone, except for Umika and Ryosuke, reacted. Everyone’s eyes shifted from Mirai to Ryosuke next to her—glaring at the guy.

Ryosuke: Eh…Eh?! Why are you glaring at me?! I have nothing to do with that!

Mirai ended up telling the whole thing to her friends. From the reason why she divorced Ryo and the other things that followed after that.

It was like Mirai let out of the heavy weight she has been carrying in this past few months.

In the end, they celebrated Mirai’s freedom and her friends were happy for her. It was already a little late when they decided to go home.

Ren was already sleeping while being carried by Chinen in his arms. Umika leaned to him and his hair gently calling his name.

Chinen: It’s okay, you don’t have to wake him up.

Umika: He is a lot heavier now, Ren-kun’s seven.

Chinen: It’s fine, no worries. I’m his dad. (grins at Umika)

Umika can only sigh in surrender.

They were already outside the restaurant when suddenly the rained poured.

Mirai: It’s raining again.

Umika: It has been raining lately.

Chinen: I’ll drive you home. (looks at Yuto) How about Yuto? Do you wanna tag along?

Yuto: Oh, it’s fine, I’ll tag along Hayato and Suzuka.

Chinen: Kamiki?

Chinen invited Kamiki knowing it’ll be weird if it’s just him and Umika, with Ren, inside the car.

Kamiki: I’ll tag along Hayato and Suzuka too. I also wanted to see their twins. (laughs) Been so long since I visited.

Yuto wrapped an arm around Kamiki with a big grin on his face.

Yuto: You’ll be an uncle again since I am going to be a dad too.

Kamiki: Right! So that means I am an uncle of four now—Ren-kun, the twins, and your soon first-born.

Yuto nodded proudly while Kamiki looked more worried than happy.

Kamiki: And now that Saaya’s married, not long enough she’ll have a baby too. (sighs) I am getting broke being an uncle with your kids! (turns to Ryosuke) Neee, Yama-chan! Tell me you’re not marrying yet!

Ryosuke: What are you saying?

Kamiki: I should stop Shuhei from hunting for a love life or else more kids will add up to my list and I’ll end up single my whole life being an uncle with your children!

Mirai: (laughs) You can’t stop them from having kids. You should stop yourself from spoiling their kids.

Kamiki smiled dreamily.

Kamiki: But I can’t help it. They’re so cute to be ignored.

Ryosuke: (sighs) You’re right.

Kamiki: Right? Right? (wraps arm around Ryosuke)

Umika: That’s exactly why both you aren’t married yet.

Kamiki and Ryosuke looked at each other. And everybody laughed.

Hayato: Ma~ma~ (laugh subsides) Let’s go now before the twins get to bed.

Hayato and Chinen’s cars were parked just in front of the restaurant so they don’t have to get wet to get there.

Kamiki: Ah Yama-chan, you drive Mirai home okay?

Ryosuke: Yeah, sure.

Kamiki briefly glared at the Ryosuke and Mirai before a teasing grin and head to Hayato’s car.

They waved to their friends before the two cars left and had gone in different direction.

Mirai: So, where’s your car?

Ryosuke pointed his finger on quite a distant.

Ryosuke: Right…there.

Mirai: Huh? You mean, we have to cross this rain to get in your car.

Ryosuke: Or we can wait here, until the rain stops.

Mirai sighed when suddenly a waiter came out from the door and approached Mirai. He handed her a paper bag.

Mirai: Thank you. (bows)

She sighed when the waiter got back inside.

Mirai: I forgot about this.

Ryosuke: What’s that?

Mirai his direction before she reached the bag in front of him.

Mirai: Something to be returned.

Ryosuke took the bag and peaked inside before pulling it out, revealing a white large hoodie.

Ryosuke: Why do you have this?

Mirai: If my memory’s right, it’s during our 23rd birthday.

Ryosuke: Oh yeah, when Kamiki forced me to wear his present. (laughs)

He suddenly looked at Mirai.

Ryosuke: Why are you returning it now?

Mirai: I didn’t have the chance to give it back before.

Ryosuke: Hmmmm…Really?

Mirai: What do you mean by that?

Ryosuke: (laughs) If you’re not Mirai, I’ll think you intended to keep it.

Mirai can just glare at the guy. She wanted to be mad but he was right and she was greatly and deeply embarrassed about that.

They both look at the rain for a moment before Ryosuke thought of something.

Ryosuke: Uh! Mirai… (faces Mirai and tosses the hoodie) Will you wear that?

Mirai: W-Why would I wear that?!

Ryosuke: So that you’ll not get wet. (points at his car) We’re running to the car. We can’t wait for this rain to stop.

Mirai just looked at him unsure.

Ryosuke: Come on.

Finally, Mirai decided to just do what Ryosuke said. She was now wearing the hoodie which was too large for her size that the hem touched her knees.

Ryosuke looked at her amusingly before he put the hood on her head and looked at her one time, this time grinning teasingly at her.

Mirai: (glares) You’re enjoying this.

Ryosuke: It looks good on you. (grins amusingly) You can keep it.

Mirai just looked at him before a smile carved in her lips. After all, she's happy to him tonight. Eversince she met him again, everything seemed to be a lot okay when he's there.

 

TO BE CONTINUED...