Assassin’s Creed side mission

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone who was staring earlier at the sudden public display of affection of Yoo Jeongyeon and Myoui Mina soon averted their eyes. The normal buzz returned, and everybody continued to eat in a rush, but the baseball team’s shock and Nayeon’s frown didn’t go away.

 

Mina pulled Jeongyeon by the hand out of the cafeteria and only stopped when they reached the outdoor seats and tables, under the shade of a huge tree.

 

“What?” Jeongyeon asks, her face the literal embodiment of question mark.

 

Mina rolled her eyes, did she not hear me? but walked closer to the Captain before settling her slender fingers between Jeongyeon’s neck and jaw, brushing a thumb to the side of her lips, to remove the smear her red lipstick left.

 

“I don’t want you to kiss me like that again.”

 

The purple head’s furrowed brows only got closer to each other, “How will anyone believe that we’re dating if I can’t kiss you?”

 

Seriously? Is making out her only definition of kissing?

 

The Japanese retracted her hand and smirked a little at Jeongyeon.

 

“I didn’t say you couldn’t kiss me at all,” the Captain only raised an eyebrow, urging the raven haired to go on, “you could, but only on the cheeks.”

 

Jeongyeon snorted, she’s looking at Mina like she grew a unicorn horn on her forehead, “Mina, you’re my girlfriend, not my mother.” The purple haired air quoted the word “girlfriend” to emphasize the girl’s role. “We’re not in high school, either, so that’s not gonna sell. Nobody’s going to believe we’re together if I only kiss your cheeks.”

 

Mina sighs, she knows Jeong- is right. Nobody will believe them.

 

“Then, how about we negotiate?” she pulled out a black folder and a pen from her bag. The raven haired sat on the concrete bench and laid out a paper on the table.

 

“Negotiate? What is this, a business contract?” the Captain jested at the thought.

 

“Why not? I’m a business major after all.” Mina beamed, why didn’t she think of this last night? “It’ll help clear each other’s boundaries, where we stand on certain things, what stuff are okay for us to do, the yes and the no’s.”

 

Jeongyeon sat beside Mina and leaned her body towards the table while her lips are pursed, still processing the raven haired’s words. “So, you basically want rules? For this fake relationship?”

 

“Yes.”

 

A displeased expression crossed on Jeongyeon’s face, “Do you usually zap out the fun in everything, Myoui?”

 

“Only when you’re involved, Yoo.” she fired back smugly before explaining further. “Look, this contract will ensure that we’re on the same page about the details, like when did we got together, where’s our first date, all the stuff that people always ask to couples.”

 

“Fine, but my first non-nego term is kissing. I should be allowed to kiss you!” Jeongyeon demands with a frown.

 

Mina huffed and rolled her eyes, “I’m starting to think you like my kisses so much that you demand it to be on the contract.” her tone hints a bit of playfulness but with a lot more exasperation, she knows they really have to kiss every now and then to keep the people from being suspicious... they need to make this as real as they can, especially to Sana and Nayeon.

 

The rest of the student body could think whatever, but their gossips are the main key to get the word to the girls, so they have to sell this to the masses as well.

 

Jeongyeon pouted and did her most adorable puppy eyes at Mina while trying to talk in the babiest way possible, “Yes, babie, I like yow kissy sow much.”

 

Mina tried her best. She did. Really.

 

But she couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her lips at the sight of Yoo Jeongyeon being this... cute. Who knew this Jeong- had a goofy side?

 

The Japanese’ chocolate orbs hid themselves behind her lids as she tries to hide her gummy smile from Jeongyeon with her hand.

 

“Kissy pwease?” the Captain puffed her cheeks and looked at Mina with all the twinkle in her eyes that she can muster.

 

Unable to control her laughter, Mina slaps Jeongyeon’s shoulder. She doesn’t know why she’s laughing at this airhead’s stupid aegyo or whatever, but she couldn’t deny that she’s enjoying this version of Jeongyeon more than any of what she heard of the Captain.

 

Jeongyeon hates aegyo. She despises doing it so much that she’s never done it twice in a year, but she felt like she wants to annoy Mina with it, so she does the best that she can. Only, it didn’t go as planned. Mina isn’t annoyed, not in the slightest, but instead, she’s making fun of her now.

 

It completely backfired.

 

Jeongyeon just shook her head, chuckling at how the events had turned. Just moments ago, she wanted Mina to be disgusted with the way she pouts and with her puppy eyes, just to mess with her, but seeing the raven-haired laughing for the first time, she can now see why Nayeon stayed for more than three days with this woman.

 

Mina’s gummy smile has to be her trademark, her eyes are already taking shape of a crescent moon, but you can still see the twinkle in it, and the sound, wow. She thought Mina had one of those loud laughs with a high-pitched tone, but no, she laughs so... majestically. It’s not loud, it’s not annoying. It’s not monotone, it’s not boring. It’s... Mina.

 

“Okay, how about a peck?” Mina composed herself and asked Jeongyeon for confirmation.

 

The mood is lighter, the tension is gone. Somehow, both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter