she was robbed

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Normally, outsiders aren’t allowed on the dugout, but when you’re the star-pitcher of the team, there’s always an exception. Tzuyu couldn’t say no to her unnie when she whined about sitting among the crowd full of people she doesn’t know.“Please? You know I never watch these types of games but I'm here for you, Tzuyu-ah,”  the player shook her head, remembering their exchange earlier. She wonders how her Mina unnie says she doesn’t know how to do aegyo when it’s all she ever does when she wants something from her. 

 

“So, Tzu, do you think the team can win today?” Mina asked while they’re sitting on one of the long benches. 

 

The brunette answered without looking, “Unnie, not to brag, but the team can win this game even if Jeongyeon unnie and I don’t play.” 

 

Mina didn’t know what to feel. Of course, she wants the team to win. Of course, she wants to see Tzuyu play, but Jeongyeon? Is she really that big of a factor? The Japanese rolled her eyes before letting out a scoff. She refuses to believe that that braggart is the “human form of home runs”.   

 

Speak of the devil.  

 

The Ace of the team walks in with a girl in tow, and not just any girl. Im Nayeon follows her wearing her signature bunny-toothed smile.  

 

Of all the times, Nayeon. Of all the times. Mina couldn’t believe her eyes. Just why did Jeongyeon bring her source of heartbreak? 

 

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon was oblivious to her surroundings. Knowing that she’ll never have to set foot on the field today, it’s natural for her to feel this bored. “You and Chou don’t have to play today, Yoo, but both of you should still be present for today’s game. Boost your team’s morale and support them.”  the voice of their coach still ringing on her ears.  

 

She sat next to someone she didn’t even bother to look at and was about to play some games on her phone when Nayeon put a hand on hers. She looked up from the device, ready to smile on whatever the girl is going to tell her, “Hey, Jeong, thanks for letting me come with you.” 

 

“Sure.” the captain answered rather shortly but always with a smile. Jeongyeon wasn’t really in the mood, she wants to play but their coach made clear that she and Tzuyu won’t bat nor pitch today. 

 

The game is underway, the second inning just about to start and it’s now the opposing team’s turn to bat first. So far, Seoul National University is leading against Korea University with 5-2 on the board. Jeongyeon watches the game tentatively, sure their team could score better but at least they’re winning.  

 

It wasn’t until the fifth inning when Jeongyeon and Tzuyu got worried with the score and the team’s performance. While Momo was doing what she can to help the team as their Center Fielder, she can’t very well lift the score alone. Jeongyeon noticed that her substitute, Seul, is struggling to throw the ball back at the bases. The rookie still needs to work on her throwing speed.   

 

Tzuyu doesn’t express her distress as much as their Ace but she wants to get on the diamond just as much. She couldn’t just sit there and wait for their team to lose. She was about to stand up but the purple-haired girl was already on her feet, ready to insist on their coach to let them play on the next round. “Coach, let Tzuy-” but she was cut off, “Yoo, tell Chou that she’s pitching next. You’re subbing for Park.” 

 

“Yes, ma’am.” the captain beams and calls for Tzuyu who was equally happy to be able to finally play. 

 

If there’s anything hotter than Yoo Jeongyeon, it has to be the burning with passion and determination version of her. Nayeon can’t help but gawk at the team’s Ace while she’s stretching and getting ready for the next set.  

 

While Nayeon was openly checking out Jeongyeon, Mina can’t help but throw daggers at the person who’s innocently stretching with her teammate. She doesn’t deserve Im’s attention when all she did ever since the game has started was to either watch the game or scroll through her phone. She didn’t even make an effort to keep the conversation going whenever the brunette opens up a topic. How could you ghost me for this woman, Nay?!  

 

Towards the end of the fifth inning, Momo managed to catch a would-be home run twice and threw the ball quickly to the third base to force out the runner and end the stretch. The set has ended but the score was 2-5. The Vice barely kept the team alive, the other eight people she’s in with on the diamond looked tired, mentally and physically. Nobody thought KU got this good over the summer. 

 

TEAM 

TOTAL 

SNU 

 

 

 

 

 

KU 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon looked at the score board, they’re down 7, and the team looked exhausted already and it’s only the fifth. We’re only halfway through. “Vice, I'll take over.” Momo looked up from the bench, drenched in sweat, while practically drowning herself with Gatorade. “I’m subbing you out. Song will take your place.” 

 

“I can still play. I just need a little break.” Momo insisted, almost out of breath.   

 

“I know, we’ll get you back at the seventh if Chou and I can’t take this around this stretch.” the Captain already made her decision and really, the Japanese wouldn’t mind some time to get rest. It wasn’t easy being the only Senior among the sea of Rookies.  

 

“About damn time, Yoo. You're enjoying your vacation here on the bench too much.” she jested, to which Jeongyeon just chuckled at. She and Momo share the love on two things. Food and winning.  

 

The Umpire signaled the start of the sixth inning. “You did good, Seul,” Jeongyeon patted the rook’s shoulder, smiling, “but I'm gonna have to sub for you this set. Rest for a bit, okay?” she then turns to Tzuyu, “Let’s win this.”  

 

When Jeongyeon and Tzuyu walked on the diamond, the crowd’s cheers were deafening, as if the game is just about to start or somebody just hit a home run. Nobody can blame them, though. When the Ace and the Star Pitcher comes in the field, a series of strike outs and home runs are expected to happen. 

 

KU’s the first to bat. Jeongyeon went to her position as the Right Fielder, at the far end of the field. When everything is set, Tzuyu looks on to Jiyeon, the team’s catcher, for the play. She waves her index finger discreetly, fast ball.  The pitcher leans back, stretches her leg up and throws the ball at an impossible speed. 

 

“STRIKE!” the umpire shouts as Jiyeon catches the ball even before the batter swung her bat. Tzuyu smirked, she knows she’s going to strike out this hitter. 

 

Back at the dugout, Mina was already on her feet, leaning on the railings, “Strike her out, Tzuyu-ah!” she wasn’t sure if her roommate heard her cheer but her heart is beating so fast, she badly wants the team to win the first pre-game of the season. 

 

She heard a high-pitched laugh beside her which prompted her to look, “Oh, she will, trust me.” the girl leaned in on the steel barrier as well. Mina offered a small smile for the girl who has the same hair color as hers, black as a raven. 

 

“OUT!” the crowd cheered loudly, and so did the team behind them. 

 

“And she’s out. Two more and we can finally try to score.” the girl looks back at Mina, “Your girlfriend is the best pitcher I've ever seen, she’ll strike out everyone if she wants to.” 

 

Mina’s startled eyes met the girl in uniform’s, she shook her head continuously, “She’s my roommate!” denying the earli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter