jon lemon

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeongyeon walked Mina to her class whilst murmuring to each other some of the details they didn’t include on the contract. Of course, everybody’s eyes are again, on them. 

  

It’s hard not to stare when their faces are only a few inches away from each other, practically nuzzling with the lack of distance at some point. Their lips alternate from speaking right into each other’s ear to occasionally smiling at what the other had said. 

  

To the people, it’s Jeongyeon and Mina whispering sweet nothings to one another; to them, they’re only discussing where and when was their first date, who’s made the first move and such, all while keeping their voices down to make sure only they could hear each other. 

  

The longer they stay close, the more curious the people get as to what the newest couple are talking about. Them speaking in hushed tones certainly didn’t help the ones with prying ears, for they couldn’t make out a single thing from the secret conversation. 

  

If they want some good gossip, they have to try harder than just staring and lingering around. 

  

The Captain didn’t let go of Mina’s hand until they reached her room. Jeongyeon slowly put a stray lock of hair behind the Japanese’ ear, bent down a little and whispered, “Don’t forget the date and place, alright?” she leaned back up with a grin and let the raven haired knew of her plans for later, “Meet me at the cafeteria for lunch, baby.” she made sure the volume is enough for the people near them to hear. 

  

Mina gave the Ace a small smile as an answer, they’re really utilizing one of human’s nature. Curiosity. They know gossips will circulate once again, and who knows, maybe Sana or Nayeon gets a wind of their rendezvous later and decides to join them. 

  

Mina’s first class of the day went by fast. Maybe because it’s foreign language, maybe because the lesson for today is her mother tongue, or maybe because no one is throwing her dirty glances anymore, unlike yesterday. 

  

  

On her way to the cafeteria, Mina remembered to text Jihyo. She's yet to give her updates of what has happened so far, so maybe they could talk this noon. 

  

10 unread messages  

  

Ten?! 

  

When did she even last checked her phone? 

  

She opened the messaging app and was shocked to see a text from Nayeon. She opened hers first, anxious to what the girl has to say now that she’s with Jeongyeon. 

  

Nayeon: i'm coming over tonight  

  

That's it? She's coming over? Is this a booty call?  

  

Cause if it is, then she can’t say she’s entirely disappointed at the brunette because at the very least, she still remembered that she exists, but... Mina thinks it’s wrong to hook up with your ex when you’re already with someone else. The only sensible thing to do is reject her and let her know that she’s already spoken for, so that’s what she’s going to tell Nayeon now. She needs to reel her in deep this time, to the point of no return. She wants Nayeon to be serious, once and for all. 

  

Mina: i have a girlfriend  

   

I guess a little push and pull wouldn’t hurt.  

  

  

The other messages are both from Tzuyu and Jihyo. She read her roommate’s first, 

  

Tzuyu: Mina unnie !!!!  

         : what was that about?!  

   

Mina: i'll explain later at the dorm      

  

Okay, at least Tzuyu didn’t bombard her with questions, unlike Park Jihyo. She rolled her eyes as she scrolled down Jihyo’s texts. Half of it weren’t even comprehendible. 

  

Park  Jihyo :  agkghagljh  

                : MINAGHQIYOJH  

               :@$@)$&{wrylw7  

              :WHSYT THR HELL WS ATAHT  

             : YOU NEDD TO TELL ME EVRYTKNG   

            : my baby is all grown up  ;(( (((( 

           : text me when you see this!  

    

   

Myoui Mina: i'm omw to the cafeteria rn, care to join me and jeong?  

   

Park Jihyo: OMG YES  

  

  

You really wouldn’t miss Jeongyeon and her purple hair, one sweep from the crowd and you can already see her sitting and bantering along with her friends. She wanted to roll her eyes as soon as she heard the airhead’s annoying guffaw. This is the laugh that I should pretend to always love?  

  

“Hey, babe.” Mina smiled her sweetest as she greeted her babe. 

  

“Oh, hi, baby.” Jeongyeon grinned and gestured for the Japanese to sit beside her, “People, this is my girl, Myoui Mina.” the Captain introduced her proudly to her friends, who are supposedly strangers to Mina. 

  

“Hi, Chaeyoung.” Mina greeted the only blonde of the group with a gentle tone, “Hi, Mina unnie. How’s the business plan going?” 

  

“It’s going great, thanks. Hey, Tzu.” the brunette merely nodded as a greeting and Mina knows she needs to come up with a great reason as to why she’s dating the person she despises just a few nights ago. She knows she can’t fool Tzuyu as easy as the other people. 

  

“こんにちは、ミナ! (Hello, Mina!)” 

  

The other Japanese on the table greeted the newcomer and Mina didn’t hold back her smile for Momo. “ねえ、ももさん!(Hey, Momo-san!)” 

  

Jeongyeon was confused, this is her set of friends, not Mina’s. Right? 

  

“Wait, so you all know each other?!” 

  

“Unnie, you don’t listen to anything I say, do you?” Tzuyu raises a brow at their Captain. She did tell her about Mina being her roommate, and yet she’s still surprised. Not to mention that this is also the same Mina that she argued with at the locker room, just a month ago. 

  

“I do listen! I'm-” Jeongyeon slapped her forehead as the missing pieces on her puzzle are slowly being filled. Of course, Chaeyoung also knows Mina, Tzuyu’s her girlfriend, and she stayed a lot on the brunette’s dorm a couple of times already. 

  

But something’s not clicking. 

  

“Then, how did you know Momo? Is it because you’re both Japanese? Do you have a Japanese club or something?” 

  

The table erupted into a fit of embarrassed laughter. Momo almost choked on her food but drank water in time to save herself, Chaeyoung had her dimples work on double time as she couldn’t help but laugh at her hyung, Tzuyu looked like she’d die out of second-hand embarrassment and just chose to laugh it off. 

  

For someone who’s supposed to be an all-knowing Captain, sometimes Jeongyeon’s just...  

  

“We met at the dugout when you’re playing against KU, Jeong, and no, the uni doesn’t have a Japanese club.” Mina explains, her face a little contorted from trying to hold back her laugh. She needs to side with Jeongyeon, she’s her “girlfriend” after all. 

  

Momo cleared to stop herself from coughing before speaking, “Baka, there are no Japanese clubs here. If there were, Mina would’ve been my girlfriend already.” she winked at Mina who just giggled. 

  

“Oh, shut up, Mo. Mina would never be with you cause she’s had a crush on me since forever, isn’t that right, baby girl?” Jeongyeon took a sip on her drink with her left and rested her right arm around Mina beside her before looking at her smugly.

 

The Japanese turned her head to look at Jeongyeon and immediately saw the mischief in her eyes. So this is the game you want to play, huh?  “Isn’t that supposed to be you, Yoo Jeongyeon? Cause you like Japanese women?” 

  

“OOHHHHH!!!” 

 

Jeongyeon choked on her drink while the other three on the table were already crying with how bad the Captain got burned by her new girlfriend.

 

Mina raised an eyebrow to the red-faced Jeongyeon and smirked. I won.   

 

“Mina!” despite the tears on their eyes, they all whipped their heads to see who called the newest addition to their already rowdy table.

 

To everybody’s surprise, the Park Jihyo is coming at them. 

 

“Jihyo,” Mina greeted back. The laughter was just dying down, but the team tried to compose themselves to greet the brunette. 

 

“Hi, everyone!” the woman beamed at the people who sat at the table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter