what’s gotten into myoui?

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

On weekdays, when Jeongyeon is back at her own dorm, Mina enjoys Tzuyu’s company. She missed their quiet nights and their bond that seemed to happen only on rare occasions, now that Jeongyeon is always with her. She’s never had time to think since the Korean is always whining and being annoying. 

 

 

Tzuyu was browsing movies through the sea of it on Netflix, while Mina’s just leaning her head on her roommate’s shoulder, mulling things that happened over the weekend. 

 

 

Yesterday didn’t really felt well for Mina. Jeongyeon is acting like nothing happened, like her attempt was just some kind of a fever dream, and for that, she’s glad. Glad that Jeongyeon is being her usual clueless self, drowned on her own oblivion. 

 

 

She wouldn’t know what to tell her, anyway, if Jeongyeon was to ask. She doesn’t know what got into her and why she tried to kiss her. Maybe it’s just a spur of the moment? There’s nothing to it. It doesn’t mean anything. 

 

 

“I think you owe me a few gossips, unnie.” Tzuyu mumbles as she clicked on a drama’s first episode. 

 

 

And here I thought I’ll have a break from anything Jeongyeon. 

 

 

Mina looks up and smiles a little, “You’re never gonna let me go without knowing how me and Jeongyeon got together, will you?”

 

 

The brunette only chuckled, eyes fixed at the screen in front of them.

 

 

“Well...” Mina trails, her mind replaying what she and Jeongyeon agreed to be their first meeting and date, how they came to be. She leaned back down and snuggled at Tzuyu, “Not long after you left me on the bleachers to watch your training, when I was ‘scouting for competition’,” Tzuyu giggled at the term, Mina remembered how she called Jeongyeon that day. 

 

 

“We met at the shelter she was volunteering at. I was looking at the animals there since I miss Ray. You remember him, right?”

 

 

“Yes, unnie. Your dog back in Japan.” Tzuyu wasn’t even trying to watch now, she’s more interested with Mina’s next words.

 

 

“Of course, I was really annoyed that she was there, and I thought my visit was something I’d regret, but I found out she was nice and that she loves animals, too,” Mina made it her mission to not look up to Tzuyu, she’s afraid she might see through her and know that she’s lying. 

 

 

“We went out after she finished her schedule and everything just went so fast, I didn’t even remember how she got me to say yes to drink coffee with her when I don’t even drink it myself.” Mina giggled, there’s some truth in that; she still doesn’t know how Jeongyeon made her agree to this whole fake dating thing, how she made her drink pure caffeine and made her like it. Maybe I should slow down on that Iced Espresso, though. 

 

 

“A few more dates and we kind of just clicked. Talking to her feels nice... after Nayeon, she’s just a breath of fresh air.” she lets out a soft chuckle. Fresh air, Mina, really?

 

 

“She wanted to make it official, but I told her I didn’t want to let people know that we’re dating yet, since Nayeon ghosted me and I really couldn’t get a hold of her to properly end things,” Lies. “I want to end things with Nayeon first, ideally, before going into a relationship with Jeong...” 

 

 

Mina cringes at the next part to which Tzuyu sensed, so she leaned back to look at the Japanese with a little frown, “Then, the KISSCAM incident happened,” a grin broke out of Tzuyu’s face, she remembers the scene far too vividly. The shock on everyone’s face was hilarious if they’re to look back on that day. No one really expected Mina to be that bold. 

 

 

The grin Tzuyu was wearing was instantly turned to a frown as soon as she remembered the next scene, “But why did you ran away? If you’re already dating Jeongyeon unnie that time, wouldn’t kissing be a normal thing for you, too?”

 

 

Mina pursed her lips, you sure have a lot of questions, Tzuyu-ah...

 

 

Thankfully, she and Jeongyeon have discussed everything, “It’s like being out’ed without you being ready. I wasn’t ready for the whole uni to know that I’m dating that dummy.”

 

 

Tzuyu smiled a little, “Jeongyeon unnie isn’t that bad to date. She’s a good person,” she paused for a second, thinking whether she should speak of a certain idea, “I thought your hatred towards her back then was stupid.”

 

 

Mina whipped her head at the statement, incredulity etched on her face. Stupid?! She’s literally the reason why Nayeon left me!

 

 

It seemed like Tzuyu caught what she was thinking because she went on, “Jeongyeon unnie didn’t do anything wrong to you that time. Nayeon unnie was the one to blame, if you’re going to ask me. She played you and you acted like unnie stole her from you or whatever.”

 

 

Tzuyu smiled a bit more at the memory, “Captain didn’t even want Nayeon unnie anywhere near her cause she’s always clinging onto her neck,”  

 

 

Mina kept silent, her mind whirs as it worked. It’s... true. Jeongyeon didn’t even want Nayeon in the first place. 

 

 

A few moments more and Mina let out a sigh, “I realized that after meeting Jeongyeon,” she started to weave another set of lies, I’m sorry, Tzuyu. 

 

 

“She’s goofy and funny, but she’s kind, really kind. If there’s a list of people who’s likely to steal anybody’s girl, you wouldn’t even find her name there.” Mina chuckled at the thought, “Jeongyeon is literally a kid, she’s sweet but she hates it when I about being a baby,”

 

 

The Japanese only shook her head, she wasn’t sure whether what she told Tzuyu were all lies, “She’d never be that kind of girl.” 

 

 

Tzuyu only hummed in agreement, “She’s too kind and humble to be the person you were painting her back then, unnie. I couldn’t get myself to side with you because I know how nice Jeongyeon unnie is.”

 

 

Mina glued her eyes to the screen, I’ve read her wrong, then.

 

 

“She may look like she’s strong, but she’s a softie, unnie. Please take care of her,” the sudden plea made Mina meet Tzuyu’s eyes. Me? Take care of Jeongyeon?

 

 

“Of course, Tzuyu-ah, I will.” she forced a smile, she hoped Tzuyu didn’t notice that her mind is already drifting away.

 

 

There’s no one to blame, but Nayeon and me.

 

 

-

 

 

Fake dating Jeongyeon gets easier as weeks pass by. They’re well into October, the leaves have all turned to orange, and soon enough, the wind will blow them all away back to where their roots are; to the ground. They will all fall, they will all wither, and the once lush trees would all look empty. The thought of autumn would’ve been enough to sadden Mina, but this is Jeongyeon’s favorite season, and that’s enough reason for her to learn not to hate it. 

 

 

“How come you like autumn? All the trees would soon look dead...” Mina mutters as they walk around the park. 

 

 

Jeongyeon pouts, “The weather is perfect and it’s... Halloween season.” Mina noticed the hesitancy in Jeongyeon’s tone, so she looked up, but her expression changed so quick, she wasn’t able to read her through, “and don’t be too sad about the leaves, they’ll be back next year!” Jeongyeon continued. 

 

 

She always talks in pout, that’s one thing you would get to always notice when you’re always with this dummy. 

 

 

Mina puts a gentle hand on Jeongyeon’s cheek, making her stop from her tracks, she peered down and met Mina’s gaze, asking what seems to be the problem.

 

 

The concern on Jeongyeon’s eyes disappeared and was instantly replaced with her whines as soon as Mina pinched her cheeks hard, “Ah, Mina-ya!”

 

 

Mina’s eyes twinkled with mirth, her cheeks puffed at how hard she’s smiling, “Stop squishing or I’ll get drool on you!” Jeongyeon half-whined and half-threatened, to which the Japanese only laughed at. 

 

 

“What’s new? You’re always drooling over me.” Mina lets go, a grin still plastered on her face as she walked backwards, still facing the now whiny Jeongyeon, “I don’t-“ the Korean lets out a scoff out of disbelief, “Ma’am, you are delusional. I will never drool over you.” she walked a bit faster to get closer to Mina, slightly concerned at how she walks. 

 

 

Mina just continued to grin at her and turned to run towards the swings before exclaiming, “First one to the swing sleeps on the bed tonight!”

 

 

Jeongyeon’s eyes went wide with the prize so she ran after Mina. She tried to run as fast as she can but Mina announced the race far too late, she’s almost to the swing when she did, how can Jeongyeon possibly get there before her? Teleportation?

 

 

Undoubtedly, Mina got to the swing first, wearing a silly grin while watching Jeongyeon run to her, “Does it feel good to win because you cheated, huh?” Jeongyeon wore a frown on her face when she reached the swing and Mina couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her, “Stop giving me excuses, slowpoke.”

 

 

Jeongyeon only shook her head with a smile on her face. Playful Mina is light and fun to be with. She sat at the swing next to her and started to lean back and in, building a momentum. 

 

 

On early Friday evenings like this, a lot of people gather around to buy from the food trucks and Jeongyeon suddenly thought of dinner. Still swinging as fast and as high as she can, she asks, “Where should we eat dinner?”

 

 

Mina scowled at her and stopped swaying her almost stagnant swing, “Why do you always make me choose? You never suggest anything!”

 

 

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, didn’t stop and still put force, “Because I’m fine with whatever!”

 

 

“You always say that but you always complain whenever I take you to sushi bars!” Mina’s brows knitted closer this time, Jeongyeon isn’t picky, she eats just about everything, but sometimes Mina gets frustrated at how she goes out of a restaurant with either a dissatisfied look or a pout on her face. 

 

 

Jeongyeon saw Mina’s face being grumpy again, so she put her feet down to skid, stopped swinging and faced he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter