netflix and netflix

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A bare-faced Mina was looking at her, seemingly unamused, “No,”

 

 

What does she mean ‘No’?

 

 

Jeongyeon is panicking internally, I thought Chaeyoung already fixed this?!

 

 

“No-“ she brought her hand down, “what do you mean ‘No’?” the ends of her brows meeting upwards while her lips curl downwards, forming an inverted U with the thinnest of lines. 

 

 

Mina sighs and shakes her head, making a way for Jeongyeon, “Come in,” 

 

 

Jeongyeon was quick to lose the puppy eyes and was immediately replaced with a cheeky grin, “Thank you,” she mumbles her thanks as she leans down and kisses Mina’s cheeks in a flash, her smile reflects the happiness in her eyes. Yes, I’m not homeless tonight!

 

 

She puts down the plastic bag on the mini table and looks around, her eyes landing on a specific door, “Can I use the bathroom?”

 

 

“Sure,”

 

 

“Don’t drink without me!” Jeongyeon shouts on her way as she rummages through her gym bag. 

 

 

Mina just rolled her eyes, a ghost of smile playing on her lips. .

 

 

She looked in the bag and saw that there’s only caffeinated drinks inside and a few packet of chips. Coffee at night?

 

 

She took the content out of the bag and arranged them neatly in the middle. Mina opened one packet and sat down on the couch while she turns her attention back to the business plans she was doing before Jeongyeon came. 

 

 

A few minutes in, Jeongyeon emerged from the bathroom, already on her sweats and oversized shirt, her purple hair still let down but a little drier this time. “Where can I put this?” she asked as she lifted her gym bag a little. 

 

 

Mina looked up from her laptop for a second to look at what Jeongyeon was pertaining to before setting her eyes back at the screen again, “Out the door.”

 

 

Jeongyeon only shook her head and pursed her lips to the side, here we go again. 

 

 

She made her way to the couch and set it down next to the mini table, plopping next to Mina in the process, “Whatcu doin’?” she asked as she pokes her head near hers, seemingly to annoy Mina more. 

 

 

“It’s none of your business, Yoo.” Mina shifts and turns her back at Jeongyeon, but the latter is determined to woo Mina back. 

 

 

Jeongyeon sets her chin to Mina’s shoulder so she could look at the screen, “Wow, that’s a lot of numbers, don’t you get dizzy with all that?”

 

 

Mina shrugged Jeongyeon’s chin off of her and looked back, her eyes displayed irritation, “No, now back off,”

 

 

Jeongyeon could only groan, why is Mina so hard to get back? She’s not even my real girlfriend!

 

 

She stood on her knees and reached in to push the laptop’s screen down to get the girl’s attention. Mina whipped her head quickly, her irritation growing by the minute, “Jeongyeon!”

 

 

“Are you mad because I didn’t fetch you yesterday?” she asks insistently but with a scowl, mirroring Mina’s expression. Jeongyeon just wants to get this over with. 

 

 

Mina grunts in frustration and furrowed her brows further. She stood up and was about to move away, but Jeongyeon caught her wrist, “I’m sorry.”

 

 

She looked back and saw Jeongyeon’s pleading eyes again, what is it with Jeongyeon and her love for doing puppy eyes? she wanted to scoff but didn’t, it’s not like it would work on me. 

 

 

Mina gazed back at her lazily, unconvinced. She needs an explanation or just a sincere apology coming from Jeongyeon’s mouth directly. 

 

 

Jeongyeon tugged at her wrist and pulled her closer, looking up at Mina softly, “It won’t happen again.”

 

 

She held Mina’s hips with the other, “I’m sorry, Minari...”

 

 

I hate this so much. 

 

 

Mina closed her eyes as she sighed, shaking her head lightly, “Okay,” 

 

 

Jeongyeon smiled her soft lopsided one, reserved for moments just like this. 

 

 

Mina just stood there, gazing back at Jeongyeon. She doesn’t think she’s ever seen her look this soft and warm; the sparkle in her eyes that’s always ready to make you swoon on sight, her lips forming a smile that’s capable of making your stomach knot in a funny way. Ugh. 

 

 

“I hate you.” Mina frowned but her eyes and the slight pout on said otherwise. Jeongyeon knew she’s got her back, “I know,” 

 

 

Her grin grew wider, her chest felt lighter. Mina’s finally forgiven her. 

 

 

But you lied, Jeongyeon. 

 

 

She wanted to sigh and just tell Mina, but what’s stopping her? It’s not like she would care. So, she pushed the thought in the back of her mind, not tonight... 

 

 

She broke eye contact and let her hold on Mina’s hips and wrist go to reach for the can on her side, “Now,”

 

 

Jeongyeon opens both with ease then hands one to Mina, “let there be peace,”

 

 

Mina giggles at the comment but meets Jeongyeon’s offer of toast, “Peace be with JeongMi,”

 

 

Jeongyeon stuck her tongue out through her teeth, amused at Mina’s usage of her made up nickname for them and drank the iced espresso in four gulps. 

 

 

Mina, on the other hand, sipped a little amount, as she doesn’t really drink caffeine. She was surprised that she liked the taste, usually she doesn’t drink coffee but this specific kind is different. 

 

 

Jeongyeon watched Mina’s face went from surprised to giving a look of approval to her favorite drink. She laughed when Mina basically drained her share of the drinks in almost one go. Guess she’s giving Jon Lemon up soon. 

 

 

“Have you eaten dinner yet?” Jeongyeon asks, concerned. One should never drink iced espresso on an empty stomach, or else...

 

 

“Yup!” Mina answers almost too happily. Oh, thank goodness, but...? Jeongyeon checks her phone for the time, 11:09PM it’s almost midnight and she still has this much energy?

 

 

“Okay, good. I’m going to sleep now,” Jeongyeon made her way to Tzuyu’s bed but Mina stopped her, “Where do you think you are going?”

 

 

Jeongyeon was puzzled, didn’t she just announce that she’s going to bed? “Uhh, to bed? To sleep?”

 

 

Mina raised her brow, as if Jeongyeon is supposed to know something, but judging from the look on her face, she clearly has no idea what it is. “To bed? You mean the couch?”

 

 

Jeongyeon tilted her head with furrowed brows, utterly confused. The couch...?!

 

 

“Chaeyoung didn’t tell you?” Mina was looking at her almost smugly. 

 

 

Jeongyeon was racking up her brain, rewinding her conversation with her roommate for possible clues as to when Chaeyoung might’ve told her anything about the bed arrangement. 

 

 

But nothing is coming up, she never said anyth— just then, aspecific part of the conversation came to mind.

 

 

.

 

 

 

“Yeah, we got so exhausted and our phones were drained. Also, can unnie crash at your dorm? Just for tonight?”

 

 

“Oh.”

 

 

“Yeah, I think she’ll be fine with it. Thank you, unnie, bye!”

 

 

 

 

She thinks I’ll be fine with it?! Sleeping on the couch?! Jeongyeon inhales through her gritted teeth while her eyes were closed. 

 

 

Son Chaeyoung!

 

 

“She didn’t but we’re okay now, right? You don’t have to punish me like this!” Jeongyeon tries to plead her case. 

 

 

“It’s out of my hands, Jeong, sorry.” but Mina was firm to her words, and although she apologized, her eyes seemed to enjoy watching Jeongyeon being this whiny. 

 

 

“What do you mean, this is your dorm!”

 

 

Mina shrugged, “It’s not my bed, though,”

 

 

“I’m sure Tzuyu wouldn’t mind if I sleep on her bed!” Mina just shook her head, smiling. Jeongyeon would have found her cute, if she wasn’t trying to sabotage her good night’s sleep. 

 

 

Mina padded to her own bed and left Jeongyeon standing there. Son Chaeyoung, you are dead. 

 

 

She was staring at the probably uncomfortable couch, it’s not even long enough for the whole of her body. Cushions don’t look soft, either. Jeongyeon sighed, well, it beats the streets. 

 

 

As she was making herself comfortable, Mina came back, and handed her a blanket and a pillow. 

 

 

“I thought you might be cold, and the pillows we have for the couch aren’t really soft, so,”

 

 

Huh. 

 

 

Jeongyeon smiled at Mina’s thoughtfulness, “Didn’t know you have a soft side for me.”

 

 

Mina rolled her eyes, amused, “Dummy, I’m always nice,” 

 

 

Jeongyeon raised a brow, a disbelieving look plastered on her face, “Oh, really? Mind taking a look at my bruised arms?”

 

 

Mina slapped her said arm, softly giggling, “Don’t be a baby, your teammates hit you harder than I do!”

 

 

Jeongyeon pouted at the accusation, she whines, “I’m not being a baby, you just hit my toned and beautiful and muscly arms all the time!”

 

 

Mina tried to hide her gummy laugh behind her hand, the other landing another smack at Jeongyeon’s arm, “Ow! See?!”

 

 

“Stop complaining, you big baby. Go to sleep!”

 

 

Big baby?!

 

 

Jeongyeon rubbed her upper limb dramatically, her lips pouty as she whined in exaggeration, “Ya, Myoui Mina!”

 

 

Mina just laughed even more all while shaking her head, utterly entertained at the Korean’s playful antics, “Good night, Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

 

-

 

 

Jeongyeon tosses and turns, feeling uneasy. Her eyes are closed, her body is tired, but why can’t she sleep?

 

 

What is it?

 

 

Letting out a low groan, Jeongyeon opened her eyes and was yet again plunged into darkness. Her eyes roamed around, searching for light. She found Mina’s bedside lamp, eliciting a warm yellow glow. 

 

 

With the bed not too far from her, she took this as an opportunity to study her fake girlfriend’s features. 

 

 

She would’ve used this chance to do so, if Mina’s eyes weren’t wide open. She noticed that her lips are parted, as if she’s breathing through . 

 

 

Concern growing around her chest, Jeongyeon sat up, “Mina?”

 

 

It seems like Mina got startled cause she looked at the couch’s directio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter