it’s always the Japanese

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A quiet night in; just her and her business plans, and maybe a round of Mario Kart before she goes to bed. That’s what Mina initially thought her night was gonna be, until hurried knocks were heard outside her door.


 
Tzuyu would never knock. Maybe it’s...?


 
With a look of confusion, she stood up from her seat at the kitchen table and went to answer the impatient visitor.


 
“Nayeon? What are yo-”


 
The words died as soon as Nayeon took her lips forcibly, both her hands on either side of Mina’s face, holding her in place while pushing themselves further inside the room.


 
Their teeth clashed, but their lips meld as perfect as it did the first time, the feeling of Nayeon’s lips on hers was enough to make her head spin in ecstasy; even though it hurt, even though she felt like blood will trickle from her lips. For a second, Mina forgot everything about her push-pull scheme. For another second, she forgot everything about Jeongyeon and their fake relationship.


 
Under other circumstances, Mina would have paid no mind with the aggression, but Nayeon tastes of alcohol, and none of this is normal. Nayeon would never be this harsh, she’d never be this aggressive.


 
Gathering her wits about, Mina pushed Nayeon away, only to come face to face with the girl’s wrath.  


 
“Three weeks, Mina. I leave you for three weeks and you already replaced me?!” her teeth gritted as the anger within her escape.



Unbelievable.

 


Mina took a step back, “Nayeon, you left me without anything! Not a word, not a goodbye, nothing!” she seethe, her whole body shaking with pent up frustrations.



Nayeon’s breaths were rapid and short, and loud, almost like it’s labored. She has never seen her this mad.



Mina let out a low whimper as Nayeon advanced and grabbed her face, greeting her lips once again in harsh punishment.



“Stop, I have a girlfriend!” Mina pushed her back stronger this time, she will not let Nayeon do whatever with her.



Nayeon merely chuckles, “Yeah, what a coincidence.” followed by a shake of her head and a scoff, “Suddenly you have a girlfriend, and it’s none other than Yoo Jeongyeon, the girl you claimed to not know just a month ago! How did you two even happen, huh?”



She and Jeongyeon already discussed an explanation about this one, but Mina feels like Nayeon wouldn’t even listen, given that she’s in a limbo between soberness and drunkenness.



“It’s none of your business!”

 


The moment the words came out of , she instantly knew that she gave out the wrong answer. Nayeon only got even madder.



“None of my business? , Mina, you know I'm making a move on her and you just swoop in and take her from me? No.” she’s not yelling, but a trace of spite is laced in her voice.



“I did not take her away from you, she’s the one who came to me!” she spat back, lips already quivering.



“Bull! I waited for Jeongyeon for a year, I'm not giving her up to someone she just met! She's probably not even serious about you!"



She flinched at a reason she doesn’t know. Is it because Nayeon thinks she’s not one to be taken seriously, or is it because Nayeon’s feelings for Jeongyeon seem unwavering?



Nothing prepared Mina for this onslaught of hatred. Her heart hurts for a number of reasons and she couldn’t stop her tears from falling. Nayeon is never this unkind, she’s always sweet and caring and all smiles. It’s all what Mina remembers of her, and she’d like for it to stay that way.

 


Nayeon’s face softened at the sight of the girl’s tears, but Mina was too wounded to take notice.



Meanwhile, Tzuyu was walking towards her dorm, a huge smile plastered on her face. Their anniversary is just right around the corner, and she just found the perfect gift for Chaeyoung.



A few meters away, she saw their door widely open, light flooding from their room to the black of the night.



Tzuyu’s heart started to beat rapidly. Mina would never leave their door open, not at this hour. , unnie!



She came rushing to the door and saw a figure making a move to hug or or whatever at her Mina unnie. A figure that is far from Jeongyeon’s stature.



Tzuyu stomped towards the person and yanked them away from her roommate. She was shocked when she realized it was Nayeon.



“What are you doing to her?!”



She looked back at Mina who was sobbing and hiding her face before glaring at Nayeon.



She stood between them, ready to protect her unnie if she ever tried to get her hands on Mina again.



“Get out!”



Mina looked up from her hands that are now wet with tears to see what the sudden commotion is about.



Nayeon’s face contorted back into it’s angry form, the reason now being Tzuyu. Mina could sense more than see it as Tzuyu is blocking her view.



When Nayeon made no move to get out of their dorm, Tzuyu took it to her own hands to push her out the door, effectively igniting the fury back up on Nayeon’s chest that died a minute ago.



Fuelled by two bottles of alcohol, the wheels on Nayeon’s mind fluidly supplied her with the anger she’s momentarily lost, “Of all people, why would Jeongyeon choose you?!” Nayeon shouts as she gets shoved. She scoffed, “you’re just a rebound, Mina!” as Tzuyu slams the door to her face.



The words rung on her ears, is that what Nayeon only thinks of her?



“Unnie, are you okay? Did she hurt you?” Tzuyu assessed her for any marks, when she found none, she let out a sigh. “I’m gonna call Jeongyeon unnie.”



“No!” Tzuyu was startled at the sudden protest. “Don’t. I’m- don’t call her, Tzuyu-ah.”



“Unnie, she needs to sort this out. Her obsessed friend is harassing you, she needs to fix this or I will.”

 


“No...” Mina managed to croak out, she can’t let more people in on her problems, so she lies, “I’m gonna tell Jeongyeon.”



Tzuyu just looked at her with hazy eyes, probably thinking. She hopes Tzuyu doesn’t push her to do it now nor ask her for an explanation that she promised prior today.



“Okay,” Thank goodness. “but go to bed, unnie. I’ll clean up the table,”

 


Mina could only nod as she dragged her feet. Her mind raced with a lot of thoughts, but so did her heart.



Nayeon...



The night was still young, but Mina was sure she wouldn’t get a wink of sleep. Her eyes were shut but her brain keeps on replaying scenes from earlier, like a slideshow that’s bound to break her heart little by little every time it plays.



Her mind keeps on drifting, pondering whether it’s all even worth the tears and trouble.



Did she make a mistake?

 

Is fake dating Jeongyeon a mistake?



Did I only make it worse?



-



“Mo, how come you still don’t have a girlfriend?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter