oprah!

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeongyeon knocked on Im Nayeon’s door but was answered by Park Jihyo after a few beats, “Jeongyeon?” a puzzled look was plastered across her face. 

 

 

Jeongyeon nodded as a greeting, “Where’s Nay?”

 

 

“Jeong.”

 

 

Jihyo looked back to the source of the sound while Jeongyeon looked past the girl in front of her. 

 

 

“Let’s go,” Jeongyeon pointed at her right with the use of her chin and offered a small smile for Jihyo, “I’ll bring her back, don’t worry.” 

 

 

“You better,” Jihyo tried to make light of the situation although she has a hint of why Jeongyeon was asking for her roommate.

 

 

Before Nayeon got past her, she held her arm and murmured, “I’ll wait for you.” 

 

 

Nayeon looked at the hand that’s holding her before meeting Jihyo’s worried eyes. She didn’t know what to say, so she only nodded before going on her way. 

 

 

Jeongyeon walked ahead while Nayeon followed closely. She has an inkling of why Jeongyeon suddenly called her, and she knows it wouldn’t be in her favor, whatever this might be about. 

 

 

Under the light from rows of lamp posts on their university’s park, Jeongyeon stood still. The school was well lit, but the night seemed darker as there were no stars in the sky, not to mention that fall is just around the corner. She looked around and surely enough, it’s only the two of them outside at this hour. 

 

 

She turned to gaze at Nayeon whose hands are on each of her brown jacket’s pockets; her head hung low, seemingly more interested on the dirt on the ground than the person she’s with. “Nay-“

 

 

“I’m sorry, okay?” She looked up and Jeongyeon almost scoffed. She can see through her eyes, they weren’t even apologetic, “I don’t know why I did what I did. Just...” Nayeon looked away and set her eyes on the flood of red and white lights of the passing cars in the distance. 

 

 

Jeongyeon remained silent, she couldn’t believe Nayeon is giving her a half-assed apology, and she wasn’t even the person that she’s supposed to apologize to. She didn’t want to be mad, she knows Nayeon, or at least she knew her. 

 

 

When Nayeon didn’t say anything more, Jeongyeon shook her head in disbelief, she’s disappointed at her friend. Since when did she became an ? “That’s it? That’s your apology for whatever the you did to my girlfriend?” 

 

 

Nayeon winced at the last word, she didn’t need to rub that in. “What do you want me to say? Sorry for leaving her? Sorry for kissing her?” Nayeon looked at her smugly to hide the fleeting pain, I’m guessing Mina didn’t tell her everything. Jeongyeon deserves to know what kind of a girl she has. 

 

 

“She didn’t even protest, did you know that? She kissed me back, Jeongyeon, tongue and all. Your girlfriend is a slu-“

 

 

“Enough!”

 

 

She would’ve let Nayeon spew everything she wanted to, she would’ve let her spit poison in every word she uttered but Jeongyeon could feel her arms tense, her fists balled shakily, her jaw clenched in absolute wrath. Who does she think she is?!

 

 

“You don’t have any ing right to insult Mina like that, Nayeon. I don’t care if it’s true or not but you don’t insult her, you don’t barge in on her ing dorm, drunk or sober, nor hurt her, because I ing swear,” Jeongyeon was furious but she wouldn’t raise her voice and give in to anger, she wouldn’t shout back insults. It will only worsen everything. 

 

 

Jeongyeon’s face was red from all the ire she’s trying to contain within. She wouldn’t let this slander just slip, not on her watch, no. She gritted her teeth as she stepped closer to Nayeon, their faces merely inches away. 

 

 

In between shaky breaths, she hissed,

 

 

“I ing swear to god, I’m cutting you off my life.”

 

 

Jeongyeon leaned back and eyed a dumbfounded Nayeon, whose eyes stared up to her widely. She wasn’t blind nor insensitive, Nayeon’s eyes were already glazed with tears and if she stays here longer, she would see it roll down her cheeks, and she’ll melt, she couldn’t let that happen or else all this would’ve been for nothing. 

 

 

She walked past her and when she took a few good steps, Jeongyeon looked back. Nayeon was still standing there, unmoving. She could only shake her head with a sigh. 

 

 

Wake up, Nayeon. You’re losing someone like Mina.

 

 

-

 

 

A few days had passed and everything seems back to normal, the team is eating lunch at their usual table, exchanging banters whenever they can, but right now, Momo and Mina both cooed with whatever Tzuyu is showing to them on her phone. It’s probably puppies. While she ate her tteokbokki, Jeongyeon smiled at the sight of Mina pouting. So cute. 

 

 

“Unnie, did you already sign up Tzuyu’s name?” Chaeyoung leaned to whisper and instantly withdrew when Tzuyu looked up to them. 

 

 

They both grinned at the Taiwanese who only looked at them with furrowed brows before turning her attention back on her phone. Whew. 

 

 

Jeongyeon looked to her roommate before quickly raising an eyebrow as an answer. Yup, done. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter