pineapples and bruises

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With a sigh, Mina lets go of her hold on the door, an indicator for Jeongyeon to just let herself in. Mina pads to the small of her couch and plops down on it, taking back her focus on her phone, probably to play something on it. 

 

 

Jeongyeon did let herself in, kicked the door close and followed Mina to the couch. She sat carefully before putting down the stuff she brought on the mini table near the sofa. 

 

 

“Here.” she mutters with a grin, handing Mina a large Jon Lemon. Mina furrowed her brows, puzzled as to why Jeongyeon is here and why she’s bringing her her favorite drink, nevertheless, she still sat up to properly hold the cup, “Thank you." This only made Jeongyeon’s smile get wider as she undoes the ties of the pizza box.

 

 

“You barely ate anything earlier, and you seem like you wouldn’t eat dinner, too, so I'm here to make sure you wouldn’t do just that.” Jeongyeon states as she unfurled the box and revealed a mouth-watering Hawaiian pizza.

 

 

The smell of baked pineapple and cheese waft out of the box; it surrounded the whole of the room and Mina’s stomach couldn’t hide their growls anymore. She was suddenly reminded that she almost hasn’t eaten anything the whole day.

 

 

She wouldn’t eat anything at all if it weren’t for Jeongyeon’s attempt of feeding her something from their lunch earlier. She just doesn’t have the appetite, not when Nayeon’s words play on loop in her mind. It's all she could think of the whole day, and it still is, even now, but was set aside when Jeongyeon tried to remove the pineapple toppings.

 

 

“Ya! Don’t remove them!” Mina quickly pushed Jeongyeon’s hovering hand above the Italian dish.

 

 

Jeongyeon knew, of course, that Mina likes pineapples on her pizza, she just wanted to mess with the girl. “Why, do you like them on your pizza?” she acted cluelessly.

 

 

Mina lifted one slice before answering, “Yes, now can you please let me eat in peace?” and took a bite.

 

 

Jeongyeon was relieved, the Mina that she’s talking to right now is still feisty, but it’s the funny kind. The one that she’s accustomed to, the one that’s Mina’s default when it comes to her. “Wow, no ‘thank you, Jeongyeon’? No ‘I would’ve starved to death if it weren’t for you, Jeongyeon’?” she feigns hurt and Mina was really back, because she’s back to hitting and scolding her again.

 

 

“It’s because of you that I've been in a bad mood.” Jeongyeon laughed with mirth, of course, it’s because of her, but she wouldn’t let Mina know that she already knows or else Tzuyu would be in a big trouble.

 

 

“No, seriously, am I really the reason?” Jeongyeon took a sip on her drink, trying to fake nonchalance.

 

 

Mina put down the slice and sighed, “No... I don’t know. Maybe.”

 

 

Jeongyeon tilted her head and asked, “Maybe? What did I do again?”

 

 

Mina shook her head, Jeongyeon looks like a lost puppy with that tilt of her head and that scrunch of her nose, “You breathed and now I'm stuck with your annoying face.” she stuck out her tongue and Jeongyeon was left with no choice but to fake a gasp, her chest was swelling with this playful banter with Mina. She's really not that bad.

 

 

“Seems like my charms don’t work on you, Myoui.” Mina landed a smack on Jeongyeon’s shoulder as she contorts her face in an attempt to stifle her smile, “Who said you’ve got charms to begin with?”

 

 

Jeongyeon’s mouth was left agape as another exaggerated gasp escape her lips, “Excuse me, Miss, but I'll have you know that half the school adores me and my ‘captain’ charms!” she proudly states although she was just kidding.

 

 

She doesn’t really think that half the school likes her, or anyone (aside from Sana and Nayeon) for that matter. She’s just Jeongyeon from the baseball team, after all. It’s just her way of making Mina laugh, because faking arrogance around her always gets her the best reactions from the girl. Proof? The amount of bruises her arms would get after all these jokes and banters should be enough.

 

 

“Yeah, sure, and I belong to the other half that hates your dolphin laugh.” another shove and Jeongyeon lets herself fall sideways on the couch, clutching her chest, “You wound me, ma’am.” they shared a chuckle until it eventually wore down.

 

 

Mina continues to eat her slice and Jeongyeon took one for herself, as well. The atmosphere was definitely lighter this time around, and Jeongyeon couldn’t be any happier. Her efforts weren’t wasted, Mina’s gummy smile and laugh was enough payment for all these soon to be black and blue marks on her arms, even if she’s going to be the reason behind these, too.

 

 

But she didn’t just come here to bring her dinner, “Mina?”

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

“Why?” Mina turned to look at Jeongyeon, her eyes showed a bit of confusion. “What do you mean why?”

 

 

Jeongyeon made a face and Mina knew exactly what ‘why’ the girl beside her was pertaining to. I guess I can tell her. She sighed and the atmo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter