all women do is lie

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Smiling to herself, Mina gathered her things a little bit faster than the usual, she knows Jeongyeon is already outside waiting for her. She still wonders how that girl manages to wait for her outside when she said their classes end at the same time. Maybe she runs? Mina stifled a smile as she imagines Jeongyeon rushing from the other end of the hallway to her room just to get here on time. 

 

 

She hurriedly slung her bag and walked to the door, “Sorry,” she repeatedly mutters as she bump a few people on her way out. 

 

 

She was excited to greet Jeongyeon with a huge grin, ready to about that Fifty Shades reference, but when she got out of the door, she’s not there. 

 

 

She’s late? Mina’s smile turned to a frown, that’s never happened before.

 

 

She leaned on the wall, clutching her folder close to her chest while looking around, maybe she got caught up in her class?  

 

 

As she waited, another very possible thought came to her mind. Sana... Maybe she’s with her? But she has three important classes today, she wouldn’t skip that. 

 

 

Groups of people slowly fill the room she once occupied thirty minutes ago but Jeongyeon is still nowhere to be found. Where is that Jeong-?

 

 

-

 

 

“So, how have you been?” Sana looked ahead as she asked. 

 

 

Jeongyeon turned her gaze at the girl beside her as they walk side by side, I miss you like hell. “Fine.” 

 

 

Jeongyeon wanted to hold her hand, say what’s really on her mind, what she really feels, how she still loves her, but she holds back. It’s not the right time. “You?” 

 

 

Sana looked up at her and smiled a little, there’s something in her eyes that Jeongyeon would rather not decipher but did anyway, “I’m okay, Jeongie.” Are you really?

 

 

Jeongyeon just kept on walking, her mind drifting. She’s lying... why is she lying?

 

 

“Are you happy?” 

 

 

The question brought Jeongyeon back to the ground. She realized Sana isn’t on her side anymore, so she turned to find her and found that she was left a few steps back. 

 

 

“Are you happy, Jeongyeon?” she repeated the question a little insistently, almost like she’s demanding an answer. 

 

 

I don’t think I’ll ever be cause you’re not with me. 

 

 

Jeongyeon’s heart aches, she misses her so much. She wants to confess right here, right now. 

 

 

“Of course,” but she can’t. 

 

 

“I’m happy with how the team is performing, I’m doing well on my classes,” 

 

 

Jeongyeon paused for a bit, gauging Sana carefully, assessing every emotion her eyes might give. I need to know, Sana... do I still have a chance with you?

 

 

“I’m happy with Mina, Sana-ya, she’s amazing,” 

 

 

As if to answer Jeongyeon’s unspoken thought, Sana walked up to her and placed a hand on her neck, her thumb resting on Jeongyeon’s jawline. The other hand rests on her hips, pulling her close, clutching in the most familiar way. Her heart was erratic, this is the first time, in the longest time, that Sana has been this close to her. 

 

 

Their breaths mingling, their noses almost touching, Jeongyeon could just lean down and capture Sana’s lips. Don’t, Jeongyeon...

 

 

The sweet strawberry scent is intoxicating, Jeongyeon’s breaths are becoming shallower in each passing moment. Sana’s thumb runs along her lower lip, her eyes looking up through those long eyelashes, and it’s putting her under a spell. She’s almost losing all her self control. Every fibre in her being is screaming, screaming for her to just give in. Jeongyeon wants Sana so bad. 

 

 

The trance would have never broke, if it weren’t for Sana’s next words, “But you don’t love her, right?”

 

 

-

 

 

Jeongyeon leans against the wall adjacent to Mina’s classroom door, waiting for her to finish up her classes. People started filing out and she searches each of the girls’ faces, hoping it’d be her girlfriend’s. She smiles back at the girls who giggles when she meets their eyes. Four years in this university, and Jeongyeon still wonders why people smile and greet her. Maybe they’re just being nice. 

 

 

She was busy smiling back at random girls when Mina emerged and rushed past them. Mina didn’t even bother to meet her eyes, “Mina, wait!”

 

Jeongyeon bowed and bid goodbye before running after the Japanese, “Mina!”

 

 

Mina didn’t slow down her steps, she kept her pace with a frown. Her intent is clear, she’s going to get back to her dorm as fast as she can. No afternoon walks, no trips to the park, no Jeongyeon. 

 

 

Jeongyeon got a hold of Mina’s arms and pulled her back, “Minari, wait.”

 

 

“You’re giving me pet names now?” Mina glared at her and yanked her arm away before starting to walk again. 

 

 

Jeongyeon groaned but still jogged to catch up with her, “Are you mad at me?”

 

 

“Why would I be mad at you?” Mina didn’t even bothered to look at her side, but Jeongyeon knew, just from the tone of her voice that she is, indeed, mad. 

 

 

But why?

 

 

Jeongyeon stopped walking and watched as Mina strode away, “Minari, I’m sorry!” she slightly raised her voice, enough to reach Mina’s ears and a few other people’s. 

 

 

She thought Mina would stop and turn around to prevent her from causing a scene, but boy, was she wrong. 

 

 

It’s as if Mina didn’t hear anything and just kept walking. Jeongyeon only sighed in disbelief, is she really mad? She gave up and just walked towards her own dorm, furrowing her brows on her way. 

 

 

Does she know?

 

 

Jeongyeon kept on racking up her brain for reasons, but there’s so many to be mad about if she were Mina. 

 

 

Hmm, I don’t think she knows. She would be happy for me if she knew about Sana. Then a super far fetched idea comes up, is it the girls earlier? Pfft, why would she get jelly about it?

 

 

Then it hit her. .

 

 

She forgot to text Mina yesterday and she didn’t even fetch her after her class. Aigoo, Jeongyeonie. 

 

 

When Jeongyeon opened her door, she was surprised to see her roommate throwing rose petals everywhere on the floor of their dorm, “Uhh, Chaeng, what are you doing?”

 

 

Chaeyoung faced her with a confused look, “I’m preparing for later?” 

 

 

Jeongyeon mirrors her expression with a slight tilt of her head as she looked around, their table is set up nicely, there are candles, flowers and fancy stuff on it, candle-lit dinner? 

 

 

“Son Chaeyoung, are you trying to date me?” Jeongyeon snorts playfully, “I thought you’re serious about Tzuyu?” 

 

 

“I’m breaking up with her so we can be together forever, unnie,” Chaeyoung smirks and continued the task at hand. 

 

 

She knew her roommate is being sarcastic but she still has no clue why. Am I forgetting something?

 

 

Jeongyeon stayed rooted to her spot, she was busy remembering what she’s forgotten. What is it?

 

 

“Unnie?” Chaeyoung called her when she noticed that the taller girl didn’t move at all and was still wearing confusion on her face. 

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“You forgot, didn’t you?” Busted. 

 

 

Jeongyeon brought her index up and scratched the side of her cheeks, “Uhh, maybe?”

 

 

Chaeyoung put down the bowl of pet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter