coincidence? i think not!

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two wonderful weeks had passed and Mina enjoyed every single day with Im Nayeon, until two days ago. The brunette suddenly stopped texting and calling her every morning. She doesn’t reply to any of Mina’s texts and never answers her calls, either.

 

Despite her red eyes and aching heart, she still went on with her usual schedule. Walking in to her literature class, she quickly spots Jihyo and went to where the Korean is.

 

Jihyo seems more than enthusiastic to see her as she lunged onto her daily gossip, “Mina, have you heard?!”

 

Feigning a bit of interest, she asks, “About what?”

 

“About Jeongyeon and Sana’s break up!”

 

Mina sighs, unable to keep her façade, “Jihyo, I don’t even know who they are...”

 

“Have you been hiding under a rock?” the brunette fakes a gasp, “Jeongyeon is the captain of the uni’s women's baseball team and Sana is like the Japanese it girl of this school or whatever. Word is they split up two weeks ago and no one would’ve known if it weren’t for Sana’s advances on other people! I’m sure Jeongy-” Mina cut off Jihyo’s rap-like rambling and slouched on the chair.

 

“As much as I want to keep tabs of the popular people’s love life here at the uni, I have problems of my own, Jih...”

 

“Wait, what happened? I thought you’re happily dating Nayeon?” the Korean leaned in closer, as if they’re talking about a secret.

 

“Yeah, we are dating for two weeks now, or were... she hasn’t replied to any of my texts!”

 

“Oh, .” the only words she could only mutter as realization hits.

 

“What?”

 

“I may have left out some minor detail about Nayeon when you two met at our dorm...” Jihyo bit her lip and looked guilty but she decides to push on, “for the record, I really thought she was serious about you and I thought she’s finally ready to commit and will stop playing aroun-“

 

“That’s a minor detail?!” Mina’s mouth agape, unable to process the information that’s being thrown unexpectedly.

 

Jihyo winced, she knows this is on her, “I swear, I really thought she’s serious this time! She’s never dated the same girl for more than three days!”

 

“You should’ve told me that I was about to date a player!”

 

56th

 

Mina buried her face on her arms on the table. God. I knew something was up with that barista’s smirk. I was her 56th date on that café!

 

“Mina, I thought you already knew when she introduced herself...” the Korean placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to somehow console her, “she’s dated a LOT and... I just thought you already had caught wind of the news that Im Nayeon is a notorious playgirl...” the brunette trailed, unsure of what the other is feeling, “it’s kind of a uhh common knowledge for the gays to know who’s who... I’m sorry.”

 

Pain. That’s all her heart knows right now. All that’s ever happened, all that she’s ever said, was it all a lie?

 

“But what I said was true, Nayeon and I have been roommates ever since and I can assure you that she’s never exceeded three days when dating a girl. You made it to two weeks, right? Maybe she IS serious about you.”

 

Mina lifted her head, eyes already b with tears. “I don’t know, Jih, I’ll try and contact her still. The last thing I want is for her to think I'm too needy. I'm not the type that’ll barge in on her dorm just because... If she really isn’t used to dating,”

 

Jihyo knows the situation requires her to be serious but the phrase “Nayeon isn’t used to dating” made her cackle, which earned her a glare from Mina, “I mean seriously, then I don’t want to freak her out.”

 

“Yeah, that’s smart thinking. Nay has a tendency to freak out about things, so maybe you could just wait for her a bit, she could be freaking out right now, trying to figure things out. Give her time.” a reassuring smile spread on the brunette’s lips, silently telling Mina that everything will soon be okay with them.

 

The Japanese woman just nodded, making an internal agreement with herself. She will give Nayeon the benefit of the doubt. She will wait for her, until she has sorted whatever unresolved issue she might have with serious relationships. She just hopes that Nayeon is really just figuring things out and not wandering about, kissing another girl’s lips.

 

 

 

Three days later

 

 

Back at the dorm, Mina plops down on their couch, she really doesn’t have the energy to do much, except maybe play Mario Kart. So, she plugged in her Switch on the TV. A couple rounds later, Tzuyu storms in, huffing, her face etched with annoyance.

 

Did she have a fight with her girlfriend again?

 

“Everything okay with Chaeyoung?” Mina asked and returned her focus on the flat screen.

 

The irritation on Tzuyu’s face melted for a moment at the sudden mention of the cub, “Yeah, we’re okay now, unnie. But that’s not what I'm upset about. It's about you.”

 

“Me?” the raven head was a bit puzzled, why would her roommate be upset with her?

 

“Yeah, you’re being cheated on! Nayeon's at our practice today practically throwing herself at my teammate!”

 

Mina was stunned at the revelation. She couldn’t even react. A part of her was hurt, the girl she thought she had mutual feelings with, the girl she’s so enchanted with, just ghosted and ditched her like that. Another part of her just repeatedly chanted, “I told you so.” Maybe she shouldn’t have been so optimistic about this, cause then, if she didn’t expect much, she wouldn’t be hurting this much, too.

 

All that benefit of the doubt stuff was for nothing... once a player, always a player.

 

“Unnie, please tell me you’re leaving her. She’s a cheater!” exasperation can be traced on her roommate’s face.

 

“I can’t-”

 

“What do you mean you can’t?” Tzuyu interjected before she can even finish off her sentence, concern and frustration mixing to power up her growing disappointment at the situation.

 

“I can’t leave someone who’s already left me, Tzu. She hasn’t called nor texted me back for days now... I think she’s ghosted me.”

 

The brunette’s expression softened; sympathy is all she feels now. She tries to give Mina a hug but ended up being awkward because Mina is still sitting on the couch and she just tried to bend down, just to embrace her.

 

Mina smiled at her roommate’s attempt to comfort her, “Thanks Tzu... can you tell me who the girl is?” Tzuyu sat beside her unnie and sighed, “Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

Mina was aghast, she just heard this name from Jihy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter