strawberries and jeongyeon

fake it till you make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With bags under her eyes, Jeongyeon drags her feet alongside her two chirpy teammates, Momo and Tzuyu, on their way to the cafeteria. 

 

 

Jeongyeon interjects their peppy conversation with a yawn, “Tzu, can I sleep on your bed whenever we switch?” she rubs her hips and winced to sell her plea more, “My 52 year old back is begging for me to not sleep on the couch.”

 

 

“The couch?” their cheerful expressions changed into skeptical ones, “Why don’t you just sleep on Mina unnie’s bed?” . 

 

 

Thankfully, Chaeyoung basically ran into Tzuyu’s arms and her whole attention was already diverted to her girlfriend. Momo, on the other hand, just looked at Jeongyeon suspiciously, to which the Captain dismissed with a glare. 

 

 

Well that went stupidly. I should be careful of my words more. 

 

 

“Don’t you look awful?” Jihyo comments when Jeongyeon reached the table where the group sat. She ignored the remark and proceeded to peck her girl’s cheeks, “Hi,” and sat next to her. Mina looked equally tired as her, as they didn’t get much sleep last night. 

 

 

Momo smirked and Jeongyeon knew it would only bring bad news to her, whatever words will come out of her Vice, “You know, I’d understand if these two,” she points her chin to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu’s direction, “comes in today with eye-bags, but they look fresher than the both of you,” 

 

 

The group chortled at the observation and Jihyo butts in another tease, “It seems like they’re not the only couple that got busy.”

 

 

Both Jeongyeon and Mina didn’t had the energy to fight back the teases and just let out a weak chuckle. The group was ready to open up another topic, but Tzuyu wanted to tease their Captain more, “They were busy,” she ‘confirms’, “but if you’ll look at them, you’ll see that Jeongyeon unnie looks a lot better,”

 

 

The team looks closely at the couple and Mina’s frown was evident, Jeongyeon was about to puff her chest with pride but the brunette wasn’t done yet, “She’s slept better anyway cause she’s the little spoon.”

 

 

The whole table roared with laughter and was followed by a series of loud slaps at the table. Jeongyeon was red from embarrassment, we didn’t cuddle! Or at least, that’s what she remembers.

 

 

“That’s not true!”

 

 

Blood rushed to her face as she tries to convince everyone that Tzuyu’s lying, and even though they both know the truth, Mina does nothing to help her. Instead, she laughs along with the team. You’re enjoying this way too much. 

 

 

“Mina! Tell them!” she looks at Mina for help.

 

 

But the Japanese woman feigned cluelessness, “Tell them what? That you enjoy being babied?”

 

 

Defeated, Jeongyeon grumbled and whined as she stood up to buy her lunch, not bothering to ask Mina this time nor any of them, and that made everyone laugh even more. 

 

 

Mina kept her smile to herself, what a sulky kiddo. 

 

-

 

As Mina walked her way back to their table before the others, a familiar figure caught her eyes. She did not hesitate to call for her name, “Nayeon!” and invite her over to join them. 

 

 

The others that came after Nayeon sat at their table threw questioning glances at the ones who already sat there, which was then answered with a shrug, they all silently agreed that they should just let it. 

 

 

Jeongyeon grumpily sat beside Mina, but that turned to surprise as soon as she realized that Nayeon is on their table. 

 

 

I guess we gotta put on a bigger show now. 

 

 

“Babe, try this,” she taps on Mina’s shoulder to offer some of her lunch but the other refused. She held up her own sub for Jeongyeon to see, “I have my own, Jeong. Go eat your lunch,” then goes back to talking to Nayeon. 

 

 

Ugh, is she forgetting why we’re doing this?

 

 

She taps Mina’s arm to get her attention again, “Come on, it’s better than your sub,” and succeeded when she looked back over her shoulder, “I don’t think so.” 

 

 

Jeongyeon raised a brow and tried to communicate her message through her eyes, to which Mina finally got after a few subtle facial expressions.

 

 

Mina turned to face Jeongyeon, put her sub down on the table and squished both of her cheeks, “Why are you so annoyingly cute, hmm, baby?”

 

 

Mina’s lower jaw trembled, her teeth gritted with the overwhelming feeling of her annoyance with Jeongyeon, or maybe, she just wants to get back with her from all the squishes she’s done for the past week. 

 

 

Even with her cheeks outstretched, even when she thinks Mina is pinching too hard, she still tried to speak, albeit it being unclear, “One bite of my sub and you’ll come to my side of Subway,” 

 

 

With a roll on her eyes, Mina lets go of Jeongyeon. The latter rubbed her abused face with a slight pout, but levels her sandwich for Mina to bite. 

 

 

Jeongyeon’s wheat bread proved to be a bit of challenge to nibble at as crumbs of it fall on Mina’s shirt. 

 

 

Instinctively, Jeongyeon dusted off the little specks of bread on Mina’s chest softly, but one bit is being stubborn, so she tried to scratch it. When it didn’t come off, she tried to pick it off with her fingers. I don’t think this crumb is as big as what I feel it is?

 

 

She noticed that the table got completely quiet, she also sensed that eyes are staring at her, so she looked around. 

 

 

Everyone on their table had their awkward gazes on her and what she’s doing. Ugh, they’re being weird again.

 

 

Clueless, she resumed to pick the persistent crumb off, but was distracted when she heard a harsh exhale from Mina and a few snicker from her friends. Wha-

 

 

Momo’s and Chaeyoung’s cheeks are already puffed as they tried their best to hold off their laughter with what Jeongyeon is doing, while the other three wanted to die from second hand embarrassment, they’re all probably thinking about the same thing. Yoo Jeongyeon, you’re a dead woman soon. 

 

 

Still oblivious, Jeongyeon slowly looked around again, she felt another harsh exhale of air, and looked up to it’s source. Mina was clenching her jaw hardly, her lips tightly mashed together. Oh, . Why? 

 

 

Her chest began to pound as her eyes travel down to where Mina’s glare is at. It landed on her fingers, resting somewhere they weren’t supposed to be. Jeongyeon couldn’t help but gulp, it probably looked like she’s picking off Mina’s s. Or was it really that that’s why she’s mad?

 

 

She nervously looked up, and there’s no mistaking that Mina is mad. There is fire in her eyes, neck veins about to pop, “Yoo Jeongyeon!” I’m ed.

 

 

Jeongyeon quickly retracted her hand, jumped off of her seat and ran, Mina chased after her and the table only erupted into howls of laughter. Kids.

 

 

“Jihyo!” panting, Jeongyeon tried to hide behind Jihyo’s back and use her to shield her body from the smacks it will no doubt receive from angry Mina. “Your friend is going to kill me! Save me!” Jihyo just laughed while Mina still tries to land a hit on Jeongyeon.

 

 

Mina’s face was red, either from embarrassment or just from pure anger she feels for Jeongyeon. 

 

 

She wanted to squeal or maybe strangle her fake girlfriend. When I get my hands on you, Yoo Jeongyeon, you are dead! she seethes at the purple haired woman hiding behind Jihyo. If looks could kill, Jeongyeon wouldn’t survive Mina’s glare for another second. 

 

 

“What are you even mad for, Mina-jjang? I’m sure Jeongyeon already did more than a pinch as soon as you all got together.” Momo and the others laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. 

 

 

That made Jeongyeon and Mina rethink on how they’ve been acting. Their gazes met and one look, they knew they have to play along, that is, if they don’t want their friends to get any more suspicious than they already are. 

 

 

Jeongyeon was quick to act. She got out of hiding and went to wrap her arms around Mina, just go with it, she implored at the Japanese. Mina subtly nods, they’ll get caught if they further let their hatred for each other get the best of them. 

 

 

Gathering a wave of fake confidence, Jeongyeon laughs shakily, “It’s not that, she just want to keep these things in private. She’s anti PDA.”

 

 

She looks at Mina with mischief swimming in her eyes, “but I’m going to change that.”

 

 

She tightened her embrace, you’re not going anywhere, before exclaiming, “Kissy attack!”

 

 

Jeongyeon showered both Mina’s cheeks with quick light kisses and received giggles in return from Mina as she tries to get out of Jeongyeon’s arms. Mina is pushing her but Jeongyeon is relentless, her lips land wherever at this point, and fighting her off is draining Mina of her strength. 

 

 

Breathless from all the laughter that escape her, Mina swerves her head in every way she can, as fast as she can, to try and dodge her lips, until Jeongyeon just blindly lands kisses wherever she can, as quick as she can.

 

 

When she felt a kiss under her ear and on her neck, a shiver immediately went up her spine, rendering her weak, or weaker than she already is from all the struggle. Jeongyeon sensed this and moved one hand to Mina’s lower back to support her. 

 

 

With a pant, she presses her lips against Mina’s hair, just above her ear to whisper, “Still okay?” and leaned back to search her eyes, to assess her expressions.

 

 

Mina nods, heaving, but never broke contact with Jeongyeon’s eyes once she caught them. Just then, Momo acts as if she’s going to puke, “Would you two please get a room? You’re going to make everybody sick!” 

 

 

The squad seconded the complaint and laughed again, “Aye, shut up! You’re just jelly Dahyun isn’t here!” Jeongyeon poked out her tongue to spite Momo. 

 

 

She continued to bark back insults but Jeongyeon never let go, her arms are loosely enveloping Mina in a hug, swaying them lightly. Mina didn’t had any objections, either. Jeongyeon’s warmth is calming, even her scent is calming. Mina tries not to lean in too much, but the banters and teasings are too fun, she didn’t even notice that she’s already the one who’s swaying them after Jeongyeon fell on a debate with Jihyo about authors and games. 

 

 

That moment, Mina learned two things. One, Jeongyeon’s warmth is relaxing. Two, Lavender is her new favorite scent. 

 

 

-

 

 

The laughter and drama seemed to be never ending, but their classes would have to be their checkpoint, “I’m going to wait for Mina to finish her last class. Just text me if y’all are already there, alright?” Jeongyeon lets the group know before they all bid their goodbyes. 

 

 

“Don’t ditch this party like you did last time, Jeongyeon!” Momo shouts on her way out, “Mina, make sure she goes!” then waved before finally disappearing from their sight. 

 

 

They all went on their separate ways, as did Nayeon who just looked at all the scenes that’s happened in front of her the entire time. Let’s see. 

 

 

-

 

 

“Jeong, can’t we really stay in tonight? Let’s just watch Doctor Strange.” 

 

 

Jeongyeon smiles at her but shook her head, “Minari, you know we can’t. Sana and Nayeon will be there.” 

 

 

Mina pouts but doesn’t push further, she knows they gotta go. She looks up when Jeongyeon lifted her chin, “but we’ll watch it later when we get back.” 

 

 

They walked to the bar that’s been rented out by the whole women’s baseball team, as this is the last party they’ll be having since the season is officially going to start next week. 

 

 

When they’ve arrived, the party is already on full swing. Mina guesses a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter