Chapter (19)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Chapter 19]​​​​​

 

Baekhyun no longer went to the company regularly, he would only spend a few hours at the office whenever he had important work to attend to.

 

His wife and unborn baby’s health were his priorities, for now, he wasn’t going to joke with that. However, his company being wealthy needed full-time attention as well to keep up with its developing strategy. So, he hired a trustworthy friend who also had a passion for fashion designing since he couldn’t afford to leave Seoyeon all by herself at home.

 

His mother wasn’t always beside Seoyeon because his sister Sunny was also pregnant. She was alternating between the two, making sure to take care of them. Baekhyun knew that, and he decided to stay by her side and support her, doing his best to maintain a peaceful environment by satisfying her needs and avoiding any stress. 

 

On a fresh Saturday evening, Jinwoo decided to show up at their mansion. Baekhyun was the one seeing his nemesis approaching while he was working outside on his company paperwork.

He glared at the man and he stood up.

 

“What do you want, Jinwoo?” The CEO couldn’t hold back his anger, his tone conveying it as he questioned the man that made his wife go through hell on earth.

 

Jinwoo came to a halt in front of Baekhyun before sighing heavily. He couldn’t even look Baekhyun in the eyes, he felt so low and ashamed that he lowered his head.

 

“I know I’m a despicable man, but please I need to see Seoyeon and apologize to her. Please.” The man’s voice filled with regrets and was merely audible but Baekhyun couldn’t trust him enough to take into account his plea. All those years, Jinwoo couldn’t care less about his spouse, the one he had sworn to love and support all this life. Only pressuring her to bear him an heir as she was a mere incubator, to finally torture and threw her away when he thought she was sterile, useless. And now, he was daring to come, unintended, to simply get rid of his shame and culpability, to selfishly ease his consciousness.

 

The CEO shook his head at those thoughts, he couldn’t afford to risk his wife’s happiness by letting him meet her. Moreover, she was pregnant, he didn’t want him to disturb Seoyeon at such a crucial moment of her life.

 

“You can’t see Seoyeon, she’s resting, so kindly go back to where you came from and don’t ever show up here again.” Baekhyun’s stern voice caught the attention of Seoyeon who was enjoying some watermelon in the living room.

 

She got up and headed out, unexpectedly encountering Jinwoo. At his sight, she took a step back before quickly walking closer to Baekhyun.

 

“What is he doing here?” She snapped on the defensive. Baekhyun looked at her before wrapping a protective arm around her waist, his hand extending to her still flat belly by instinct.

 

“He asked to see you, to apologize seemingly.”

 

“Apologize?” She repeated, surprised at first then stared at the man with narrowed eyes, distrusting the man that humiliated her and treated her like trash.

 

“What do you want Jinwoo? Why can’t you let me live in peace with my family?” Seoyeon sounded upset, but her voice was still soft.

 

Jinwoo knew that she was scared and tense, and he suddenly fell on his knees and brought his hands together in front of him.

 

“I know I’ve hurt you, wronged you, humiliated you, and defamed your character in the sight of society and for that, I’m deeply sorry. I know I’m in no position to ask your forgiveness, but please accept my apologies. I’m very sorry for hurting you back then.” He witnessed her feet moving back to reach the house door, certainly not wanting to listen to him. But he wasn’t done and urged her to stay.

 

“Please hear me out. I’m the impotent one.” He confessed in a blur, shame invading him as each time he was recalling that fact, hearing her snorted at it aggravating this feeling. “You were never at fault. It was my fault that you couldn’t get pregnant and for that, I’m deeply sorry. I know I can’t fix what I have done to you all those years but you are deserving to know the truth, that’s the only thing I could offer you, the only good thing I could do to you. I deserve all the hatred, all the shame … I…” he stuttered before revealing the worst but it was necessary to share it since Seoyeon was her cousin. “The child Sana gave birth to isn’t mine, he’s doctor Nam’s. She had an affair with him and gave birth to the child so she could collect all my properties.”

 

The man seemed sincere according to Seoyeon. She had always been able to decipher Jinwoo whenever he was being honest or pretending. She sighed and looked at Baekhyun, nodding to reassure her husband he was telling the truth.

 

Baekhyun, however, was still holding his wife close to him, reluctant to tolerate Jinwoo’s presence next to her. Seoyeon softly smiled at him, currently enjoying the overprotective side of her husband.

 

“You’ve deeply wronged and hurt me in the past, but I can’t keep bottling bitterness in my heart towards you. I want to get freed of those poisonous feelings to truly enjoy my life along with my husband. Thanks to your visit and honest apology, we both can let go of our resentment. I forgive you Jinwoo. You now belong to my past and it’s time to turn the page, you should do the same.” She wisely finished, already feeling lighter after uttering her forgiveness. 

 

Jinwoo felt relieved as well, and an appeasing wave enveloping him when his shame and guilt were washed out by her words. He nodded and got up.

 

“Thank you so much, Seoyeon, I’m so grateful. I promise to never bother any of you ever again, thank you.” He bowed his head the lowest he could and walked away with a smile of satisfaction gracing his face. 

 

Seoyeon softly gazed at Baekhyun and rested her head on his shoulder. She could tell that her husband was still worried, so she gently caressed his chest and he finally blew out a heavy sigh.

 

“It’s okay, honey. Jinwoo was sincere just now, so you have nothing to be scared of.” She assured him and the CEO tightened his embrace before he kissed her forehead.

 

“Alright, I trust your judgment about him. Should we take a walk around the compound to clear our minds?” Baekhyun suggested while reaching out his hand to Seoyeon. She happily nodded before intertwining their fingers.

 

“That is a great idea. Let’s go.” 

 

 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

 

 

Jinwoo was deadly serious when he had stated that he would let the world know about the truth. He used his SNS accounts as he did years ago, exposing not only all his wrongdoing but Sana’s as well, not even sparing her mother-in-law or this so unprofessional Doctor Nam. 

 

He shared everything: his family’s cruel behavior including his attitude, his infertility, Sana’s infidelity, her and her mother’s greediness… He also reported the doctor to the National College of Physicians for running tests on him without his consent and disclosing them to a third person, breaking his oath as a doctor. Doctor Nam’s future was significantly jeopardized in result at the utmost satisfaction of Jinwoo. 

 

Contrary to Seoyeon, he was not a saint, and taking revenge was what kept Jinwoo alive for now since his life was such a mess: no wife, no son, never, no family’s pride, no love, no future…

 

His revelations were of great benefit to the public eyes, and the media immediately stepped in and widely spread the news.

 

Doctor Nam was disappointed in Sana when he saw the headlines; not telling him that she was after Jinwoo’s properties from the start wasn’t a smart move from her. It was now all clear why she had kept on asking him to give her time to divorce Jinwoo. 

 

Shaking his head, he switched of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter