Chapter (11)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Chapter 11]​​​​​

 

Seoyeon couldn't hold back her tears as she listened to the whole conversation between Baekhyun he Yunho, and she let her tears flow like a river. 

 

At first, she thought Yunho was against Baekhyun having a relationship with her when he started asking all those questions, but when she listened to everything, she realized that Yunho truly loves her like a little sister and was only looking out for her.

 

As for Baekhyun, Seoyeon was short of words to describe the kind of love he has for her. His love can withstand all problems and difficulties. The way he answered all the questions Yunho threw at him gave Seoyeon a full assurance that the CEO will never hurt her.

 

Seoyeon listened to the voice record over and over again, and the more she heard Baekhyun's sincere answers, the way he would plus at times before speaking made Seoyeon fall deeply in love with the young man.

 

She pressed the phone to her chest, and with tears in her eyes, she glanced at the clock. The night was still young and it's Baekhyun's birthday. She hasn't given Baekhyun the birthday gift she had bought during the weekdays, and at the moment she couldn't think of a more perfect time to give Baekhyun the gift and also her heart.

 

She got up from her bed and rushed over to the living room and picked up the small red box of gifts she bought and she headed straight to the main entrance door. 

 

She couldn't wait to see the man that makes her heart beat faster, the only man that was able to break down the wall of protection she built around her heart.

 

Baekhyun sat on his couch, staring at the beautiful decorations in his living room, a bittersweet smile effortlessly graced his face with uncontrollable tears trailing down his cheeks.

 

His heart was aching severely, he knew that to love means to let go, but the pain was eating him up. He was still lost in his sadness when he heard a knock at his door.

 

He stared at the door for a while with so much thought running through his mind. He doesn't normally get visitors, so it felt a bit strange to have someone visit him, and around past 9 pm. 

 

He sighed, kicking the thought of mind and he pushed his body off the couch and walked over to the door. The moment he pulled the door open, his eyes with that of Seoyeon came to a soft but affectionate contact lock.

 

He was shocked to see Seoyeon, but when he noticed tears in her eyes, he quickly moved closer to her and caressed the tears off her eyes. 

 

"Please stop crying, it hurts me to see you in tears." Baekhyun's words were so gentle and in his eyes held so much love for the woman in front of him. He stepped aside, giving way for Seoyeon to walk into his apartment.

 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Baekhyun asked after making sure Seoyeon is comfortable around him.

 

"I am fine." She replied without looking away from the young man. "It's your birthday and I have two gifts for you." She approached Baekhyun and stood in front of him. Seoyeon has never felt such kind of love before in her life. Yes she once loved Jinwoo and they got married, but what she's feeling now is different from the feeling she felt throughout her two years of marriage with Jinwoo.

 

She couldn't even break eye contact and Baekhyun wasn't planning on breaking eye contact as well. He just kept quiet and let Seoyeon voice out her true intentions.

 

The small red box was already in her hand and she reached out to Baekhyun's hand and handed it over to him.

 

The CEO looked at the box and opened it, and he smiled when he saw a golden necklace. He looked back at her still with a smiling face, although he still had tears in his eyes, but his smile was genuine and not a bittersweet smile.

 

"It's beautiful, thank you." Baekhyun took the necklace and wore it around his neck. He walked over to his full mirror at the left side of his living room to have a better look at it around his neck before he looked at Seoyeon standing behind him. "I love it."

 

"I know you would. You wanted to get it last week when we visited the mall, but you got an urgent call from the company so you couldn't get it anymore." Seoyeon said and this time around she wasn't standing anymore, she was approaching Baekhyun and when she arrived at the exact spot he's standing, she made a halt and locked her eyes with his eyes.

 

"I got married to Jinwoo at the age of 26, and a few months after our marriage I couldn't get pregnant and that was when my hell on earth started. My mother-in-law would always abuse me and Jinwoo would call me an infertile woman and abuse me. After he forcefully divorced me and humiliated me to the world by announcing to his friends and family that he has divorced the bad luck in his life, I felt extremely hurt." Seoyeon's voice broke with tears rushing down her eyes.

 

"I felt hurt and angry and I shut my heart. I built up strong unbreakable walls of protection around my bleeding heart and I swore never to fall in love again or let any man into my heart, but then you came along." This time around Seoyeon was smiling while talking but tears were still in her eyes.

 

"You came along and effortlessly tore down the strong walls of protection around my heart and I fell deeply in love with you within the space of three weeks. You are a man with a pure heart and soul. You put others first before yourself. You're not one to look down on the poor and the middle-class people despite the kind of power and wealth you control. That is something I've never seen in the world we're in today." Seoyeon blinked and more tears dropped off her eyes.

 

The CEO slowly caressed the tears away from Seoyeon's eyes before caressing her face and she leaned into his touch while looking at him.

 

"When you confessed your feelings to me earlier, I was scared of having the past repeat itself, but after I listened to your answers you gave to Yunho's questions on the day he took us to the company he bought for us, I realized that you're a truthful and honest man. You're a man that knows exactly what he wants in a woman, despite her flaws are imperfections and such a man is the dream of every woman."

 

At this point, Seoyeon felt her heart beating faster for the man in front of her, and she just let ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter