TANGLED 6

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

 

Sora came home that night feeling upset, the lights on her house wasn’t she liked being in the dark when she was feeling down. There was something in the darkness that comforted her, she the TV and sat down on the couch.

 

She let the TV play on the background as she hugged both her legs and slowly laid down the couch. She recalled what Jinyoung said ‘a woman who lost her ability to love’ he was right, she had lost her ability to love. when she loved something it never ended well. Like Ballet, she loved ballet, it was her first love. But she had an injury that made ballet an impossible career to pursue. She loved her mom, but even she left her eventually.

 

She closed her eyes as she let the darkness embrace her.

 

“I love you my sky”

 

And I love you,

 

Jinyoung’s words brought back memories she had buried.

 

“If the shadows slowly cover you, I swear to be the moon that lights up the night. You are my dream, in this lifetime there’s no one for me but you.”

 

You shouldn’t have loved me. ‘Everything I love always gets taken away from me’, She thought as memories continue to flood every corner of her heart and mind.

 

“Can you hear my heartbeat? My hearts letting you that I belong to you”

 

She didn’t want to remember this.

 

“Will you remember me? Will you remember my love?”

 

How can I forget, you haunt the in between spaces of my life.

 

“Even if I’m not perfect, is it okay?”

 

You are perfect to me.

 

“my sky, my missing Last Piece”

 

Please.

 

“focus on me and you, today just for today, we own the world.”

 

Stop.

 

“You make me breathe, my sky”

 

She couldn’t hold it anymore as tears slowly trailed her face.

 

----------------

 

2 weeks passed since Sora and Jinyoung’s heated conversation. Sora hasn’t bothered Jinyoung since then, his life went back to the usual with no Sora on sight. Her lawyer came to him a week after that and they had discussed the details of the payment, and Jae went to apply for an IT company as a game developer to help him pay off the money he owed Sora.

 

Life for him was back to normal but the weird thing was he didn’t feel happy about it.

He didn’t know why but he felt guilty. He felt bad about what he said to Sora, he knew he had hurt her and that he shouldn’t have said that to her.

 

His anger clouded his mind that time and couldn’t control his mouth. He wanted to apologize to her but he didn’t know how, it wasn’t like he can just call her and say sorry, It wasn’t that easy.

 

 

 

Seoul University Hospital had an annual medical mission most of the staff were encouraged to participate and Jinyoung often joined the event. They usually went to parts of Korea that had limited access to hospitals.

 

As a cardiothoracic surgeon he rarely had any patients during this events because most of the patients were either Giatrics or pedia but he tried to help out still.

 

He had few consultations with older patient that had complaints of chest pain here and there, but nothing serious. Youngjae sat next to him when he finished with consultation and handed him a bottle of water.

 

“I heard Jisoo’s Family is sponsoring today’s medical mission” Kim Jisoo of Pediatrics is one of Youngjae’s friends in med school. Jinyoung knew her because youngjae had introduced them when they were in med school.

 

Jisoo was nice girl with a really good sense of humor, she was an incredible doctor too and she was one of the girls who didn’t have a crush on Jinyoung. An exception to his charms due to the fact that she was gay and had a girlfriend, a thai ballerina named Lalisa Manoban. They were quite the couple.

 

“really? I didn’t know she came from a well off family” jinyoung said while drinking the water.

 

“yeah, she doesn’t really talk much about her family”

 

He and youngjae talked about random stuff when Jisoo came and interrupted their conversation to invite them to lunch.

 

“I didn’t know you had a rich family Jisoo” Youngjae said while they were putting food on their tray. Oh Kimchi jegae!

 

“really, You didn’t know? I thought it was obvious because of my  last name and all” Jisoo shrugged.

 

“huh, your last name? What about your last name?” her words got Jinyoung and Youngjae thinking. “ahh! KIM! Your last name is kim” youngjae said as if he was having a eureka moment.

 

“You don’t mean that Kim” Jinyoung continued as if putting Youngjae’s thoughts into words “the Kim in KS Group?” he added.

 

“exactly, the chairman is my uncle.” Jinyoung paused at Jisoo’s answer, that must be why one of their cousin gave birth at their hospita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter