TANGLED 11

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11

 

*** this chapter contains all flashback ***

 

 

-12 YEARS AGO-

 

“Jinyoungie glad you decided to come” Roseann greeted him the moment she spotted him amongst the crowd of people who came to visit Chungha’s annual school festival.

 

Every year Mark would invite Jinyoung to come to Chungha’s festival and usually he would reject the offer saying he’s too busy with his part time jobs and academy, but this year Mark didn’t let him decline saying that it was going to be their last year in high school and he should for once come and hang out with him in Chungha.

 

The school festival was the only time outsiders were allowed to come inside one of Seoul’s Elite High School. Chungha has a really strict no outsider allowed policy so everyone around always looked forward to the annual festival, who wouldn’t, Chungha was everyone’s dream school.

 

He was actually offered a scholarship in Chungha but decided not to go here which Mark thinks is a dumb move. He agrees with that, because Chungha would’ve opened a lot of university opportunities for him since most of the universities in Seoul usually accepts kids from Chungha because the school always produce top tier students.

 

Although the opportunities Chungha offers is tempting he doesn’t regret choosing his current school. Chungha’s too expensive for his single parent even with the scholarship.

 

“come here, sit.” Roseann offered him, Roseann is a friend he met through Mark when they did a school project together. Roseann is also the president of Chungha’s student committee.

 

Rose gave him bobba and a sandwich that their class was selling “you should wait for Mark here” she said as she sat across Jinyoung.

 

Mark might seem like the type of guy to have a lot of friends because of his outgoing personality but it’s actually the complete opposite, Mark has a fairly small friend circle composed of him and 3 other guys from Chungha.

 

Eversince Jinyoung met Roseann they’ve become close, he treated her like a sister and they got along pretty well maybe because they share common interest like photography and music.

 

Jinyoung sent a text to Mark saying that he was with Roseann in their class booth, he thought he would come running if he knew Jinyoung was with Roseann which he did.

 

Mark came running the moment he read Jinyoung’s message when he arrived he greeted Jinyoung with the biggest and fakest smile jinyoung had ever seen.

 

“hey buddy!” Mark said. “So are you looking forward to having a free tour of Chungha academy?” he added with that fake smile still plastered in his face.

 

“of course I wouldn’t miss this for anything,” he answered as Mark gave him a look he knew too well. “you coming with us right Rose?” Jinyoung said turning his attention to Rose

 

“me?” she said “oh, I don’t want to impose” Jinyoung looked at Mark while the latter still kept sending him signals only the two of them understood. He was asking him to come up with an excuse to make Rose agree.

 

“no please come with us, Mark’s probably going to be a bad tour guide anyway its better if you come.” He said persuasively

 

“if you insist”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung had one thought in mind the whole time during the so-called tour, Mark is a traitor.

 

Uhuh you heard that right, a traitor. He figured out the reason Mark desperately wanted him to attend this year’s festival, Mark wanted to use him as an excuse to hang out with Roseann.

 

Instead of a school tour it ended up being a date and him as their third wheel. It was a good thing he brought his camera with him at least he got to take a lot of photos of random things in Chungha. He had to admit it’s a very photogenic school.

 

He captured photos of Mark and Rosie as well, they looked good together.

 

They took him to different parts of Chungha showing him the booths of different classes. They ate good food and goofed around and had plenty of fun. He watched how Mark looked at Rosie and an idea popped in his head.

 

While on their way to the next booth Jinyoung excused himself for a bit saying he wanted to go to the bathroom but what he was really doing was leaving the two of them to give them some alone time.

 

He figured Mark would have wanted that so he gave him the opportunity to really spend some time with Rosie without anyone else tailing them. He texted Mark that he’s going solo and will meet him at their class booth in an hour.

 

 

He wandered the campus by himself and took some more photos with his camera, Jinyoung understood now why everyone looks forward to Chungha’s annual school festival because they do it all out. The booths and the events they have are all well planned that everyone was guaranteed to have fun.

 

Every class had different creative gimmicks.

 

 

Jinyoung was having fun taking photos of the people around when someone bumped into him causing him to fall with the person. He was startled and worried about his camera before looking up at the person who bumped him.

 

“are you okay? I’m sorry” the girl said.

 

She slowly stood up and handed her hand to Jinyoung to help him up. He couldn’t help wonder how a skinny girl like her was able to knock him out with her.

 

“I’m really sorry I was on a hurry.” She explained as Jinyoung continued to look at his camera checking out if it was fine, thankfully it was.

 

“it’s fine no worries” he said as he finally got a look at her clearly.

 

Now that he got a good look at her Jinyoung couldn’t help but stare at her for a bit. this person is somehow a little amazing, her long hair was ruffled up and her bangs covered her face so he couldn’t see her face properly. He was simply amazed at how strong she was despite being so skinny.

 

“are you sure? I bumped in you pretty hard?” she asked again concerned.

 

“no, really its fine. My camera is safe so it’s fine” he said smiling at her,

 

“SKY!!! COME ON YOU'RE LATE FOR REHEARSAL” the girl turned to the other person shouting. She looked at Jinyoung almost guilty to leave him, she apologized again as she fixed her hair and picked up her duffle bag.

 

Jinyoung had a brief look at her face and he thought she looked pretty.

 

Sky, what a unique name he thought.

 

 

 

 

 

He reunited with Mark and Rosie an hour later like they had planned, they bought him more food when they saw each other which he gladly accepted. “Jinyoung wanna see the night event with us?” Rosie said inviting him along.

 

Jinyoung looked at Mark’s way and he was sending him another look the ‘say no’ look.

 

“I don’t think I should” he answered still looking at his best friend who gave him a satisfied nod.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter