TANGLED 18

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18

 

-- (SORA) --

 

 

‘1. be supportive’ I read the first thing that was listed in the “how to be a good wife” book I bought. I can be supportive, I can definitely do that. ‘2. cook him meals’ should I enroll in cooking classes?

 

No, better yet I should just enroll in bridal classes. Yeah let’s do that.

 

I pushed the intercom button calling for my secretary Liah.

 

She came in my office carrying some documents and a cup of coffee.

 

“Miss, these are the final draft for Team Wang’s Collection under LEGACY, the Marketing team would like you to go through it one last time in case you might want to add some changes into it” Liah said as she placed the documents on my table as well as the coffee.

 

I looked through the papers on my desk, happy with the final output. This is exactly why hiring competent employees are essential they work efficiently, I took once last look before I signed it and gave it to Liah.

 

Liah was about to walk out when I remembered why I called her in my office, “Liah” I called, she turned around to face me “yes Miss Do you need anything else?” she asked.

 

“ah yes, Can you enroll me in one of those bridal classes” I said, Liah just looked at me like I said something weird.

 

“bridal classes” she said as if she was checking if she didn’t mishear what I just said.

 

“yes Bridal Classes” there she goes again with that look in her face, a look at clearly shows how baffled she is.

 

“don’t you think it’s too late for bridal lessons?” Liah said,

 

Sora shrugged and smiled at herself “better late than never, right?”

 

 

--------------------

 

-- (JINYOUNG) --

 

Jinyoung has been occupied for the past weeks, he has had multiple back to back operations now. To say that he was tired is an understatement, he felt like he could pass out any moment.

 

He just finished another major operation, one of the attending Dr. Ahn asked Jinyoung to assists in all his operations. Hence, why he and Sora barely saw each other, when he came home it was either Sora had left, or he was knocked out sleeping.

 

Jinyoung wondered how she was doing, if she was eating properly or even resting.  With Legacy’s fast approaching launch he knew how busy she was. He worried about her she did have that bad habit of not eating when she was preoccupied with work.

 

He opened the door of his office badly needing some shut eye before his next patient consultation at 1pm, walking to the couch in the room he saw a wrapped box.

 

A bento.

 

It was wrapped in a pretty pastel blue colored cloth, he unwrapped it and read the note inside.

 

‘it’s my turn to feed you now,’

                        -SORA

 

He opened the box to see a carefully arranged bento, he was touched. Jinyoung appreciated Sora going out of her way to get him food. She didn’t cook so he figured she must have had this meal prepared with him in mind.

 

Jinyoung took a picture with the bento and sent it to Sora thanking her before taking a bite of the food.

 

When he finished lunch his phone beeped indicating he had received a message. It was from Sora “don’t forget to rest Jinyoung-ah” she said. He smiled at the words. I should be saying that to you too, he thought.

 

he smiled while typing “tomorrow’s my day off” after sending the text he continued to eat his bento

 

Ting!

 

Jinyoung picked up his phone

 

 

 “see you”

 

he couldn’t wait to go home.

--------

 

 

 

 

Bridal classes really challenged Sora, she has never thought how hard it was to be a housewife. She realized she wasn’t very good with her hands. Sewing, embroidery, and cooking tested her every essence as a woman. She was lucky she knew flower arrangement at most thanks to her mom.

 

Her hands was already full of band aids from all the needle pricks, and oil splatters but she enjoyed it. She liked learning all these things for her husband, she wasn’t very good at it but she’s trying.

 

So when Jinyoung sent her a photo of him with the bento she sent it made her ecstatic, Especially when he said tomorrow is his day off.

 

Nowadays her schedule composed of endless meetings in the morning, interviews in the afternoon and bridal classes after work. She was basically all over the place and she barely had the time to hang out with Jinyoung, not that he wasn’t busy himself. So finding out he had tomorrow off meant she can spend the day with him.

 

She didn’t have things like a day off, but she always cleared her schedule for one to two days when Jinyoung had his day off.

 

“Jaebeom-ah what do you think about this one?” she said showing the images to the man across her. Jaebeom had dropped by her office earlier and asked her out for lunch because he heard from Liah that Sora had skipped her meals again.

 

“I think it looked good, but can you please stop working and eat Sky” Jaebeom said taking her iPad away.

 

“I’m not working, I’m picking out picnic spots” she mumbled almost in a whisper, but Jaebeom still heard it.

 

She picked up her fork and started eating her food. They were quite for a while going through their meal peacefully like they always do, when dessert came Jaebeom broke the peaceful silence.

 

“Sky I know about the deal with doctor Park”

 

She froze.

 

Sora slowly looked up at Jaebeom, he was looking at her seriously. She placed her spoon down and flashed a blank look on her face. their were a few things Sora hated in the world and one of them was when Jaebeom interferes with her plans.

 

“who told you?” she asked him seriously looking straight at him.

 

“yugyeom had a slip of the tongue, you know he tends to have a loose mouth when he’s around me. He mentioned a Jae Park owing him money” Jaebeom took a sip of his wine

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter