TANGLED 9

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9

 

 

Sora could not contain her happiness as she jumped up and down in excitement

 

“AHHH!” she squealed which surprised Liah.

 

The moment she saw the ring she knew she needed to hear it straight from his mouth, so she drove to the hospital only to find out that he was still in surgery.

 

She waited for 5 hours for him to finish

 

She had waited for a month, she can wait for 5 more hours.

 

When she saw Jinyoung walked out of the operating room looking extremely good with his dark blue scrubs on, she smiled widely like an idiot. She couldn’t contain her happiness, she was about to approach him but he was talking to the patient’s family telling them that the operation was a success, so she stopped and let him do his work first.

 

Jinyoung saw Sora when he finished talking with the patient’s family and approached her.

 

“hi” she said

 

“what are you doing here?” he asked

 

She was still smiling widely at him.

 

She tried to compose herself and tried suppressing her smile which she failed at doing as she reached out for his hand placing the small box on his palm.

 

Jinyoung looked at her with a small smile in his face.

 

“I came to hear your answer directly from you” she said

 

“but you already know my answer” he said shy

 

“yes, but as a businesswoman I’d like everything to be as clear as crystal” she answered back at him

 

Sora leaned her head close to him to whisper “plus if you’re going to give me a ring you might as well say it to my face, now say it”

 

‘why must we always do this in the hospital’ Jinyoung thought.

 

He looked around and noticed the people on the floor stopping to look at them.

 

“are you embarrassed?” sora said “if you’re embarrassed then I’ll turn around”

 

He was shy, he had never done anything like this on public so he was extremely shy. He looked at Sora her back facing him

 

At that moment he didn’t know what possessed him to do what he did.

He knelled down in one leg as he slowly opened the small black box revealing the ring he bought for her as an answer and asked “marry me?” Sora with a satisfied smile turned to look at him only to be surprised as she saw a kneeling Park Jinyoung in front of her.

 

Sora wasn’t expecting him to do that. She thought he was just going to say he agrees to marry her and put the ring on her finger, not a proposal!

 

She was taken aback for a moment, she chuckled at his action.

 

“Are you kidding me? Of course I will!” she shouted

 

Jinyoung gave her a small laugh as he stood up.

 

“Now give me my ring” she said causing jinyoung to laugh again as he inserted the ring on her ring finger.

 

She hugged him all of a sudden and the people around them cheered for the newly engaged couple.

 

Sora broke the hug and held Jinyoung’s hand as she leaned in so she could whisper “thank you for agreeing to marry me” he chuckled because he was supposed to be the one saying those words considering that this time it was him who asked.

 

 

 

After what happened that morning Jinyoung was flooded with congratulations and questions by the hospital staff that heard the news of his engagement. Some of the female nurses and doctors were sad by the news but congratulated him still.

 

Other who weren’t around when it happened were curious of his fiancé, they all wondered what his fiancé looked like.

 

They wanted to know who captured the heart of the ever gentle doctor Park jinyoung,

 

Youngjae came by on his on call room, he knocked on the door getting jinyoungs attention as he clapped his hand “Congratulations Hyung I never thought I would live to see this day” youngjae said.

 

“and here I thought you really didn’t want to marry her, it is her right? The president?” he added which Jinyoung answered with a nod

 

“the president is something else, not only did she snatch the most eligible batchelor in the Cardiology department of Seoul University Hospital but actually made him propose to her” youngjae was certainly impressed of Sora.

 

She did what no girl could do, remembering how Sora looked he couldn’t blame Jinyoung for caving. Beautiful wasn’t enough to describe her, she was ethereal. She was a fighter too he thought as he remembered Sora’s argument with Rian.

 

“you should be thankful Rian is off duty today or we will have to endure a day of ranting from her” if Rian was there she would definitely freak out Jinyoung thought.

 

Rian would probably start a heated argument with Sora, and knowing Sora she would definitely fight back and win.

 

Knowing her she definitely would have and she might’ve won.

 

Jinyoung knew perfectly well that Sora hated losing.

 

He couldn’t believe it, he actually agreed to marry her. After rejecting her 4 times he actually ended up caving and agreed.

 

He remembered that day.

 

He recalled how she looked and how natural they had seemed.

 

 

 

 

 

The first thing Sora did when she left the hospital was call Yugyeom. She told him about the good news before she went to KS Group’s HQ.

 

She waited inside her father’s office patiently. “your father’s meeting just ended Miss Sora” her father’s secretary said, she gave her a thank you before she went out of the office

 

Her father arrived a minute later “dad” she greeted him with a smile.

 

“glad you’re here pumpkin I was about to call you to tell you I have already arrange dinner with the Tuans today.” Her dad said,

 

The Tuan’s again?

 

“yeah about that dad I came to tell you that your wish has finally come true” she said

 

Her dad gave her a wide smile “Oh so you want to marry Mark?”

 

“what? No!” Mark? His wish was for her to Marry Mark? “dad I’m going to get married, I just got engaged today”

 

“to who?” he asked

“you’ve met him at the Tuan’s Party last week” she answered

 

“Mark’s best friend?” he asked again

 

“yes, Doctor Park Jinyoung” he looked at her again as if he was expecting her to take back her words.

 

I thought he wanted me to just pick anyone and get married, she wasn’t expecting that he would be so into the thought of her marrying the Tuan heir.

 

“I actually really like him dad so I hope you give me your support with this marriage and to Legacy as well. I will not change my mind on this matter any longer” she said with finality. “you wanted me to settle down and find myself a husband and I did, I complied to your wish and found myself a suitable husband for me” she added.

 

“alright but I want to meet him and his family” her father requested

 

“of course, I will set the date. if you will excuse me, I’m going to go back to SOAR now dad” she said before giving her dad a polite bow and left his office.

 

 

 

 

When she arrived at Soar Liah her secretary greeted her before following her inside her office.

 

“Liah did the LEGACY team finish the revisions?” she asked

 

“yes, miss I already emailed you the summary” Liah answered

 

Sora sat down on her office chair as Liah handed her the iPad. She reviewed the revisions and nodded satisfied with the work her team did, she smiled at the thought of LEGACY launching.

 

“Liah can you please arrange lunch at the pavilion of my dad’s house for next week” she said, Liah answered her with a nod while writing her request in her iPad. “also find me the best wedding planner in Seoul” liah looked at her with wide eyes.

 

“you’re finally getting married miss?” liah asked which Sora answered with a smile and a yes. “does this mean that LEGACY is a go now?” liah added with excitement evident in her voice.

 

Liah has worked with Sora since she started SOAR, she has seen Sora worked and knew her more than anyone else, she knew how much Legacy means to her boss. So, knowing that legacy will finally launch excites her.

 

“yes, so I expect you and the team to be the best you have ever been.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter