TANGLED 15

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15

 

Jinyoung woke up in the middle of the night and went out to get some water when he noticed the light in Sora’s home office. He knocked on the door softly before opening it and there he saw Sora, her hair up in a messy bun with her glasses on. She had relief patches on both sides of her neck, her eyes glued on her laptop screen.

 

He walked near her and gently knocked on her table which made her look up.

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping? It’s 3 am.” he asked.

 

Sora looked up at him “oh, did I wake you up? ” She answered exhaustion evident in her eyes.

 

Jinyoung looked at her as she gave him a faint smile “you need to sleep, you have work early in the morning tomorrow.”

 

“I will Jinyoung, I’m just finishing this up. the launch is a month away from now and everything needs to be perfect” Jinyoung already knew how stubborn his wife was but he was worried about her, he knew how important Legacy was for her but she was getting skinnier each time he saw her and he didn’t like that one bit.

 

“I know Sora but if you get sick from overworking everything would have been pointless, so please get some sleep” Sora ignored his words and kept working, he walked up to her and stood in front of her.

 

“I’m serious Sora.” She looked at him eyes pleading him to let her keep working, but he put his foot down on this matter.

 

 Jinyoung let out a sigh of relief when Sora slowly closed her laptop. He finally managed to convince her, Jinyoung’s eyes couldn’t help but linger on his wife’s frail body “I should tell Liah to always carry snacks with her” he said out loud.

 

“why?” she asked.

 

“because you’re getting skinnier it’s not good if you skip your meals Sora” he nagged at her squeezing a chuckle from her. “what’s so funny?”

 

“nothing” she briefly answered. ‘you look so cute when you’re concerned about me’ she thought

 

Jinyoung walked her to her room making sure she was going to sleep this time and not pretend like she is. They might be in a contractual marriage but it was his responsibility to take care of her as well.

 

“Good night Jinyoung-ah” he heard Sora whispered before he went out of the room.

 

 

 

------

 

 

He had no idea how he ended up having samgyupsal with these guys after his shift. His brother-in-law suddenly appeared at his hospital together with Jackson and Bambam inviting him to a boy’s night out, well he was more like dragged than invited.

 

The energetic trio didn’t give him a chance to decline and thus here he was watching Bambam cook the pork belly for the four of them as Jackson mixed sujo and beer.

 

“it’s been a while hyung” it had been a while since Jinyoung saw his brother-in-law, Yugyeom usually came to hang out at their house but he hasn’t come since his finals week.

 

“how’s school going Gyeom-ah” Jackson asked the youngest member of the Kim Family

 

“I hate it” yugyeom answered

 

“that’s fine bud, your sister hated school too” oh right, Jackson and Sora knew each other since High School. Hearing what Jackson said somehow made Jinyoung want to know what Sora was like as a student.

 

After all he knew so little about his wife, it would be nice to hear stories about her and what she was like in the past. He was curious to know if she’s always been the head strong independent woman she was now.

 

“She did?” Jinyoung spoke inticing Jackson to spill more information on Sora

 

“You bet she did! Sora used to skip classes a lot in High School and in College too” Jinyoung couldn’t imagine that Sora Nakahara would actually skip classes “but the teachers didn’t really complain about her skipping classes during high school because she somehow always aced her exams plus, they all just assume she was at her ballet practice” Jackson continued

 

“Oh yeah, I  keep forgetting that noona was a ballerina” Bambam said

 

“Uhuh and she was amazing at it! But that girl was such a pain in the even in High School she was lucky enough one person could actually stand her. Jinyoungie your wife had a bad habit of running away and hiding back in high school, everyone would frantically look for her everwhere! JB was always worried about her too.”  Jackson said.

 

JB? Who’s JB? Jinyoung thought

 

“speaking of, Jaebeom hyung called me last week saying he’s coming back” Yugyeom said to Jackson who continued to devour the food on his plate.

 

Jaebeom, He has definitely heard that name somewhere. Jinyoung kept trying to remember where he heard it, then it came to him. The wedding reception! He heard some guest mentioning that name before.

 

“who’s that?” he asked curious about the man the guest thought Sora would marry.

“Jaebeom hyung and Sora noona grew up together” yugyeom said “he’s in the US for a while now because of work but he is one of SOAR’s executives”

 

“Those two were inspirable during High School” Jackson proceeded to tell them “JB was basically responsible for Sora, at some point, everyone thought they would end up with each other until that incident during senior year”

 

Jinyoung grew even more interested in his wife’s past the more Yugyeom and Jackson told stories about her life before they met.

 

“what thing?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“before our mom died” yugyeom spoke with a hint of sadness in his voice.

 

“Jaebeom and Sora used to have a really exclusive friendship, they usually kept to themselves hence they only had each other to rely on, of course, they had people around them like me but there was always a certain boundary around them. No one has ever entered their space except for one person”

 

So, in summary, Jaebeom and Sora had a special relationship that was built on years of emotional connection. For some reason Jinyoung didn’t like that, he knew his boundaries with her but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter