TANGLED 10

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10

 

 

It was a rare occasion that the Kim’s were gathered together. They had a close relationship with each other but due to their busy schedules they rarely gathered unless it was an event or some type of social gathering. Yugyeom was still in college and is staying in the dorms, Sora was busy running Soar and had already separated from the main house, while their father was busy with KS Group.

 

Today was the day Sora introduced Jinyoung to her family. She had asked Liah to prepare for todays lunch which she did not disappoint. Liah did an amazing job arranging today’s event.

 

She was happily greeting the Parks when they arrived and showed them around their house. She led them to the outside garden where lunch was set up.

 

Her father welcomed their guests, while Yugyeom and Jae exchanged surprised looks.

 

Sora and Jinyoung sat next to each other while their families sat across each other. The food was being served when her father broke the looming silence.

 

“thank you for answering my invitation to meet you all. I have been very curious about the man my daughter chooses to marry” he said turning his gaze to Jinyoung who gave her father a polite nod.

 

“I would like to personally get to know the man who caught her attention” the older Kim said

 

“is that really necessary? I already told you about him and I –” Sora was in the middle of complaining when Jinyoung held her hand to stop her from talking.

 

She looked at him and he just gave her a reassuring smile like he had it under control.

 

“well sir I am Park Jinyoung and I work as a 3rd year resident at Seoul University Hospital in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery.” He said like he was answering a work interview.

 

“my son is the best out of his batch and is actually a candidate for a fellowship program in the state” his mother added to support her son.

 

“I must say that’s impressive as expected from someone my daughter choose” the older Kim said with a smile on his face.

 

“I am actually very happy that my only daughter has found a man she would spend her life with, and I am at ease that she has found someone capable like you son. If it is alright with you I would like to address you as Jinyoung from now on since you will be joining this family soon. You can call me dad from now on as well”

 

 

truth be told the older Kim didn’t really care who ever Sora choose to marry whether it was the Tuan boy or someone else but he was just a little skeptical since she managed to find a husband and fell in love that fast.

 

He wanted to find out what kind of man captured Sora’s attention. When he first saw Jinyoung at the Tuan’s party he did thought that Jinyoung had the calm aura that Sora needed and maybe that was what attracted his daughter to the man sitting in the same table as him.

 

Jinyoung was an impressive youngman according to the information given to him by his secretary prior to this lunch. He had an impressive academic record and was the best performing resident in his department. He was skilled and was looked up to by both his seniors and juniors at work.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter