TANGLED 16

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16

 

- (Sora) -

 

I ran towards the man that I haven’t seen for a long time.

 

“Jaebeom-ah, I can’t believe you’re here” I jumped at him squeezing him in a hug.

 

He hugged me back and spun me around.

 

“It’s been so long, I  missed you so much,” I said excitedly. I looked at the man in front of me carefully examining his face. Jaebeom has matured significantly since the last time we saw each other, his hair was longer, and he seemed taller than last time if that was even possible. He even lost some weight and was more muscular now, I felt it when I hugged him.

 

“I missed you too,” he said patting my head, an old habit of his.

 

“I can’t believe you decided to come home now, you missed my wedding!” I complained, Jaebeom was one of the people I really wanted to be there. He just shrugged and flashed an apologetic smile at me “oh, Jaebeom-ah let me introduce you,” I said dragging him to our table “this is Park Jinyoung, my husband.” I said introducing Jinyoung to him. “Jinyoung this is Im Jaebeom, his my person.”

 

Jinyoung stood up and offered his hand to Jaebeom which he gladly accepted.

 

“sit with us Jaebeom-ah, we're about to have dinner” I offered.

 

“as much as I would love to but I have a meeting, Let’s catch up tomorrow night at the usual place and invite yugyeom and bambam” he checked his watch “Sora I need to go, see you guys tomorrow,” he said before placing a kiss on my forehead, something he always did “and it was really nice meeting you Jinyoung-ssi”

 

When Jaebeom left, Jinyoung and I continued our dinner, but Jinyoung was unusually quiet.

 

 

 

After a pleasant dinner Jinyoung and I decided to go home, I noticed he’s been absent-minded throughout dinner. He somehow felt somewhat distant, and I wasn’t used to it.

 

I don’t like it.

 

When we arrived home I wanted to do spend more time with him, I didn’t want today to end with him like this.

 

He was about to head to his room when I held his hand to stop him “Jinyoung” I called drawing his attention back to me.

 

“hm?” he answered briefly

 

“let’s watch a movie” I said which he answered with a tight-lipped smile.

 

We quickly changed our clothes to a comfier one, when we finished, I chose the movie and he went and prepared some popcorn for the two of us.

 

The both of us sat comfortably on the sofa as the movie intro started playing, I chose a staple love story movie which is ‘titanic’.

 

I wasn’t really a big fan of this movie, I purposely choose it because it had a long run time.

 

I leaned on Jinyoung’s shoulder as the scene ‘do you trust me’ scene of Jack and Rose played on the tv screen. I felt him slowly tilt his head closer to mine and my lips unconsciously formed a small smile. Jinyoung’s hand moved to caress my head and a feeling from deep in me was triggered.

 

This feels so familiar.

 

The familiar warmth, familiar touch, the set-up, the mood, Everything.

 

Like I was transported to a past memory.

 

--

 

“that’s so unfair” I said as I sob while watching Koi Sora.

 

The scene where Hiro died was currently playing on the screen, it was so unfair. I felt so heartbroken for Mika she didn’t deserve to be left alone after all she went through.

 

 

My tears kept falling and Jae kept handing me the tissue. He chuckled as he pulled me closer to his side, my head leaning on his shoulder as his hand moved to pat my head comforting me and lightly kissing my forehead.

 

“sky” he called.

 

I sniffed before answering him with a simple “hm?”

 

“has anyone ever told you that you look ugly when you cry?” he laughed and I playfully slapped his shoulder

 

“haha so funny Jae” I  sarcastically said.

--

 

The scene where Jack died and Rose desperately calling his name triggered a sob in me. I couldn’t help it, my heart was being squeezed by the actress's performance.

 

Moments later the movie ended but my tears continued to fall and I quietly sniffled, Jinyoung must have noticed it because he handed me some tissue. He looked at me and chuckled

 

“has anyone ever told you that you look ugly when you cry” I stiffened.

 

“has anyone ever told you that you look ugly when you cry?”

 

Frozen by the same exact words I once heard from a man I so desperate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter