TANGLED 1

TANGLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

 

One day in a week that is commonly hated by students and working professionals alike would be Monday. Everyone hated Mondays and Sora was not an exception to that but she particularly hated this day. She sat on her seat with the city skyline as her view, she has been experiencing headaches for the past few days and today it was worst as her PA informed her of the problem she currently has.

 

“miss the chairman’s secretary has been calling me persistently saying that the chairman said you need to at least  show up to one of the blind dates or else” her father, the chairman of KS Group has been setting her up with potential husbands and she hates it to her core.

 

“I know. Tell him I’ll find time to go” It wasn’t a problem before. Her father Kim Sowoon was a man who let her do anything she wanted he wasn’t like the rich fathers you see on dramas who saw their daughter as tools to marry to other rich families to expand their business more. Her father was a man who supported her whole heartedly, when she decided to follow his footsteps and build an empire for herself he was very delighted and when she decided to use her mother’s last name Nakahara instead of her father’s last name Kim he allowed her to. It never bothered him before that she was a young woman in her prime and had no plans on getting married yet, not until her cousin got married a year ago and is now very pregnant and will give birth anytime. Now her father’s new hobby is to set her up to multiple blind dates in hopes that she might get married and settle. When she refused he threatened her that he will pull out his investment in her company if she doesn’t go to one of her dates after ditching 15 candidates.

 

Her father was dead set on finding her a husband but the problem was she didn’t want to get married just yet, she wanted to build her carrier and go to even greater heights and to finally escape her father’s shadow. Although she was amazing at her job and had people admire her for her success there is still some that says her success was handed to her by her father and she never really had to work hard for what she has obtained.

 

She admits that her father paved the way for her but everything she obtained was because she dedicated her whole being into her company. SOAR is what it is now because of her hard work, she poured her blood, sweat, and tears to make SOAR the company that it is now. SOAR represented her life’s work, the company is her whole life.

 

“The chairman’s secretary has sent me the time and location of the date miss” Liah her PA said. Sora rubbed her temples. “must I really go through this liah? Those men are all the same they all see me as an express way to success” Liah handed her tea while smiling at her “it seems you have no choice this time miss the chairman is serious this time and you need to be on his good side specially since will be proposing a new project soon and you know we need the board’s approval that means the chairman’s approval as well”

 

Liah was right, she needed to make her father happy specially now since they plan on launching the new project that she has been working on. LEGACY is Sora’s dream project she has been planning and preparing for this project for a while now and she plans to launch it this year. She needed to make sure that everyone in the board specially her father agreed to her plans.

 

“I guess I have no choice then” she said with a signed. She cursed her cousin for getting married and giving her father ideas. She stood up and fixed her clothes before reaching her hand out to liah while the latter handed her the iPad with the drafts containing the details for the LEGACY project. She moved from her office chair to the couch she had in her office while reviewing the latest updates for the LEGACY project.

 

As she looked at the words LEGACY she couldn’t help but think ‘I will make this happen for you’ while staring at a picture in her desk.

 

---------------------------------

 

As expected she didn’t like this date, let me rephrase that she hated her date. The man in front of her is a stuck up douche bag with no brain. The type of man she disliked the most and to make it worst he talks a lot too “so I was saying you should be thankful I agreed to this date a lot of girls have been lining up just to have dinner with me” said the no brain douche.

 

‘oh my god I can’t take this anymore’  she thought as she stood up “nice meeting you Mr. Jung but I need to go” she grabbed her coat and bag and left her date.

 

Her driver opened the car door for her “let’s go home now” she said as she went inside the car.

 

When she arrived at her house she was welcomed by loud music with a dancing Kim Yugyeom who looked at her with a wide smile. “sooo? Found prince charming yet?” he .

 

“what are you doing here yuggie? Aren’t you supposed to be in your dorms?” she asked while ruffling his hair. Yugyeom her younger brother is 6 years younger than her and is still in university. He looked at her with a wide smile that always melts her heart. Sora loves her brother a lot and spoils him with anything he wants.

 

“I missed you noona” yugeom hugged her tightly while planting a kiss on her cheek. “hmm. Bet you do. What do you want yuggie?” she guessed he probably needed something since he came all the way to her house without telling her.

 

“nothing I just wanted to see you. Anyways did you like the guy?” he followed her to the kitchen as she poured herself a glass of water to drink.

 

She shook her head sideways and putting her hands up in an X

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter