Chapter 2

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

'Choose wisely'

 

Seulgi stared at the message on her phone again and sighed. 

It's been a week now, since she received the message and also a week since she has been avoiding Joohyun. 

After what happened last Saturday, she has been avoiding the younger girl as much as possible, by helping more at the restaurant or just staying inside her room.

She knows that it would only make Joohyun more suspicious of her, but she didn't have a choice.

If she needed to hide the truth, she needs to avoid the younger girl.

Especially since Joohyun was the reason why she got hurt.

Seulgi didn't want to make the younger girl feel guilty.

It wasn't Joohyun's fault that her heart wouldn't stop beating fast whenever Joohyun's near her.

And it also wasn't Joohyun's fault that he got mad at her for admitting her feelings towards the younger girl.

"Two months" Seulgi mumbled and closed her eyes.

Recalling the talk she had with him. 

She opened her eyes and sighed. 

A knock interrupted her thoughts.

She turned to the door and frowned, contemplating for a bit before making up her mind. She walked towards the door and opened it.

"Seulgi dear, I'm sorry for waking you up." Mrs. Bae said apologetically. 

"No don't worry auntie. I'm still awake anyway" Seulgi smiled in reassurance. "What is it auntie?" 

Seulgi's shift at the restaurant usually starts at 6am, but sometimes if she's needed, she wakes up earlier to help too.

"My younger brother called me earlier to inform that our mother sprained her ankle this afternoon. No one could take care of her because he had to go on a business trip. And her wife just gave birth a month ago. That's why your uncle and I decided to go to Jeonju tomorrow and stay there for a few days to help." 

"Is Grandma alright, auntie?" Seulgi asked worriedly.

She already met the older Kim once, when they brought her to Jeonju to visit, and the older woman was nice to her.

Treated her like her real grandchild, even though the old woman barely even know her.

 "Yes, thankfully it wasn't serious. She tripped, but my brother was able to catch her before she could fall on the ground"

"I can go with you auntie, to help take care of her" Seulgi offered. Actually she only wanted to avoid Joohyun again.

"No it's alright. The reason why I'm here is because Joohyun agreed to keep the restaurant open while we're away. So I was hoping that you can help her run the place for awhile."

Seulgi gulped. Seems like she couldn't avoid Joohyun any longer. 

"Yes auntie. No problem. I'll help hyunnie" She forced out a smile.

"Thank you Seulgi." Mrs. Bae smiled and then handed the car keys. "We wouldn't be taking the car because it's a long drive. You can use it whenever you need to, just drive carefully okay?" 

Seulgi nodded. "Thank you auntie, for trusting me. I promise I'll take care of it and the restaurant too. You don't have to worry about anything" 

"Don't forget to eat and rest, okay? Please take care of Joohyun too."

"I will auntie. Don't worry."

"Okay. I'll go now. I still have to prepare my things. Goodnight" Mrs. Bae smiled before walking away.

"Goodnight auntie" 

Seulgi bowed. She waited for a few seconds before closing the door and sighing. 

"Tomorrow will be a long day" She walked towards the bed and plopped down triedly.

 

______________________________________________

 

"Seulgi, can you take table five's order please? I still need to give this to the other table" Seungyeon, one of the waitress, said while holding a tray full of food.

"Okay" Seulgi quickly dried her hands and then got out of the kitchen.

She walked towards the said table. Smiling at the customers along the way. 

Although it was tiring because the restaurant was full of customers, she was still happy that she was able to avoid Joohyun for a bit longer.

The younger girl was too busy at the kitchen to even look at her.

But she knows she couldn't avoid the younger girl much longer. And she's going to prepare herself for it.

Once Seulgi arrived at the table, a girl, with her back facing Seulgi, was already seated and was looking down at the menu.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting Ma'am. Are you ready to-" Seulgi stopped when the girl turned around.

"Hello Seulgi unnie" The girl smiled widely.

Seulg's eyes widened. She quickly looked around, to make sure no one saw her, before dragging the girl out of the restaurant.

She stopped when they were far enough so no one could hear them, but still near incase someone needs her.

"What are you doing here?!" Seulgi hissed as she lets go of the girl's arm. "Did he sent you to spy on me?!"

"Relax! Unnie. I'm just here for a vacation" The girl chuckled. "And you of all people should know that he doesn't need to send me here to spy on you" 

"What are you talk- !" Seulgi cursed under hear breath and then looked around.

A black car was parked a few meters away from the restaurant with it's tinted window rolled down a bit. 

"I forgot" Seulgi run her palm down her face in frustration. "I was wondering how he found out where I was staying."

The girl looked at Seulgi sympathetically. "I heard that he hit you. Are you okay now?"

"I'm fine" Seulgi said through gritted teeth.

"Unnie I'm really sorry. I tried to-" 

"Just save it Park Sooyoung. I don't want to hear about it anymore" Seulgi glared at the girl.

"I'm sorry." Sooyoung looked down in guilt.

Seulgi pursed her lips and sighed. "Just stop mentioning him." 

"Okay"

"Yah! Unnie! What are you doing there?! We need your help! You know we're busy!" Joohyun yelled from the door. 

"I'll be there in a few seconds!" Seulgi yelled back before turning to Sooyoung. "Just leave now" 

"Who's that?" Sooyoung asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter