Chapter 9

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sooyoung grabbed her drink and took a few sips, before placing it back down and wiping . She looked at Joohyun and pursed her lips, contemplating.

Joohyun felt eyes on her, so she stopped eating and looked up. She was met with a very troubled looking Sooyoung. 

Joohyun swallowed her food and took a sip from her drink.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?" She asked after placing the glass down and then grabbing a napkin, wiping with it.

Sooyoung closed her eyes and then sighed. "Unnie. I lied to you" She opened her eyes and looked at Joohyun apologetically.

Joohyun frowned. "What do you mean?" 

"Something happened." Sooyoung paused and cleared . "Seulgi unnie... she's in the hospital right now" 

Joohyun tilted her head in confusion. "Isn't she in the hospital right now?" 

"No, I mean. She's- Seulgi unnie's father visited her earlier and-" Sooyoung paused and looked down on her plate. "Something happened"

Joohyun noticed Sooyoung trembling voice and felt her heart race rapidly. "What is it? What happened? Tell me please" She pleaded desperately.

"Seulgi unnie- she did- she did something to herself and she almost lost her life because of it, but thankfully she's stable now" Sooyoung said weakly, eyes avoiding Joohyun's worried ones.

"She almost lost her life" Joohyun whispered in daze. 

"I'm sorry for lying earlier unnie. I just didn't want to worry you" 

A lone tear rolled down Joohyun's cheek. She blinked a few times and then wiped it away. 

"Let's go back to the hospital" Joohyun said while standing up. 

Sooyoung didn't protested and just nodded. She quickly called the waiter for the bill. Once the waiter handed her the bill, she paid more than what was asked for. 

"Keep the change" Sooyoung said to the waiter hurriedly before catching up with Joohyun, who was already walking out of the restaurant. 

 

___________

 

"Sir, you've called for me?" A man wearing a black suit asked as he entered the room and closed the door.

"Yes. I want you to look into something for me." The old man behind the mahogany desk said while pushing a brown envelope towards the man in black suit. 

The man in black suit raised his brows and then grabbed the envelope. He opened it and read the contents. 

"Sir. This is-"

"I want you to do it secretly. Don't let anyone find out about this"

"I understand, sir. You can count on me" The man in black suit said while closing the envelope.

"Thank you. You can go now" 

The man in black suit bowed and then left the room.

The old man leaned back on his chair and sighed. 

"This is going to be hard"

 

_____________

 

Seulgi stirred awake and opened her eyes slowly, but then winced and closed her eyes again when she felt her head pounding.

She groaned and was about to lift her right hand up to massage her aching head, when she noticed that something was above it, preventing her from moving.

She frowned and opened her eyes again. She turned to looked at what was on her hand and felt her heart skipped a beat at what she saw.

There, with half of her body lying on the bed and the other half sitting on the chair, was Joohyun. She was sleeping while holding Seulgi's hand below her own.

"She's been here since yesterday afternoon, unnie. She refused to go home and even slept here because she wanted to make sure you're okay" 

Seulgi looked up and saw Sooyoung standing up from the couch and walking towards the bed with a frown. 

"She really cares for you, unnie. We all do. So don't do something stupid again, alright?" 

"I won't, if he will leave me alone" Seulgi huffed.

She then looked at Joohyun and let out a small smile, when she saw the younger girl shifting and snuggling against her hand.

 Sooyoung sighed. "Unnie, I'm sure uncle was just trying t-"

"Joohyun is sleeping. Don't disturb her" Seulgi whispered harshly, causing Sooyoung to shut and sigh again.

"Well.. I'll just go outside and buy something to eat. I haven't had breakfast yet, since I went here as soon as I woke up" Sooyoung said before walking out of the room.

Seulgi knew that Sooyoung was upset with her and felt guilty, but she just didn't want to talk about her father right now. She wanted to forget about everything, even just for awhile. 

Joohyun suddenly stirred, making Seulgi hold her breath. She watched as the younger girl shifted and then slowly sat up straight, with her eyes still closed.

Seulgi continued watching fondly as Joohyun groaned and massaged her neck and back.  

"It hurts" Joohyun complained while pouting, still with her eyes closed, totally unaware of Seulgi's eyes on her.

"That's what you get for sleeping in an uncomfortable position" 

"Umma!" Joohyun jumped a bit and opened her eyes when she heard Seulgi's voice. She didn't expect the older girl to be awake already.

Seulgi chuckled. "You look like a bunny when surprised."

Joohyun cleared and placed her hand back down. "How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to see you drooling on my hand" Seulgi teased.

"I didn't drool!" Joohyun protested while unconsciously wiping , making Seulgi laugh loudly. 

"It's good to see you laughing early in the morning, Miss Kang" 

They both turned to the door and saw the nurse and doctor assigned to Seulgi, enter the room. With the nurse pushing a trolley with medicine supplies on it.

Seulgi composed herself and smiled while Joohyun shyly fixed her hair and clothes. 

"So how are you feeling?" The doctor asked as she stopped beside Joohyun and looked at Seulgi with a friendly smile.

Seulgi glanced at Joohyun.

She wanted to lie because she didn't want to worry the younger girl, but then decided to just tell truth instead, since she knows that Joohyun wanted to hear the truth aswell.

Seulgi looked at the doctor again. "My head is pounding and my wrist and hands hurts a bit, but overall I'm feeling fine, Doc." 

Seulgi felt Joohyun holding her bandaged hand again and felt warm inside.

The doctor hummed and then grabbed the medical chart from the nurse.

"Are you feeling dizzy or nauseous?" The doctor asked as she continued reading the chart.

"No. Just a headache, Doc."

The doctor nodded and then handed the chart back to the nurse. 

"I'm sorry. I can't give you painkillers for now, because we're still observing you. However if the pain persists later, maybe I can give you something mild."

"Okay, Doc" 

The doctor smiled. "We'll change your bandage now. Are you okay with nurse Son doing it? Or would you like your girlfriend to do it for you instead? Nurse Son could teach her, if you want"

Seulgi and Joohyun both blushed when they heard it. 

Seulgi was the first one to react.

She cleared . "Um... she's not my g-girlfriend. She's a friend of mine" 

"Omo. I'm so sorry for assuming things. I thought she's your girlfriend, since I've always seen her here at the hospital everyday" The doctor apologized.

"It's okay, Doc." Joohyun said this time. "I'm actually planning on courting her, once she leaves the hospital. So I hope she'll be well enough already, so I can start courting her soon"

Seulgi looked at Joohyun with agape. She couldn't believe that Joohyun would even say that.

"Oh. It seems like my guess wasn't that far from the truth, huh?" The doctor said with a chuckle.

Joohyun smiled and nodded while Seulgi was just looking at Joohyun. She was still shocked at what Joohyun had just said.

"I'm afraid we haven't formally introduced ourselves to each other" The doctor said to Joohyun, "I'm Doctor Lee Soonkyu and this is Nurse Son Seungwan. Nice to meet you" She offered a hand to shake.

It was a bit unsual for a doctor to be a bit friendly, but Joohyun was happy with it. Because she knows that Seulgi is in good hands.

Joohyun shook the offered hand. "Nice to meet you too, Doctor Lee and Nurse Son. I'm Bae Joohyun. Seulgi's future girlfriend" She said with a shy giggle.

"Y-Yah!" Seulgi reacted while blushing.

They all chuckled at Seulgi's blushing face.

"Okay. I think that's enough teasing for now. I don't want my patient to feel stressed. It might result to a longer healing time." Doctor Lee said with a chuckle before going back to her professional mode. 

Joohyun nodded and watch as the doctor and nurse began changing Seulgi's bandage. She would occasionally asked the doctor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter