Chapter 17

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Auntie, where should I put this?" Seulgi asked as she walked towards Mrs. Bae, who was busy va the floor, with two boxes in her hands.

It was now Sunday, meaning the restaurant was closed for the day. So Mrs. Bae decided to clean the house and rearrange some furnitures.

Seulgi offerred to help Mrs. Bae since Mr. Bae went to the auto repair shop to have the car fixed. And Joohyun was out with Yongsun and Moonbyul.

Joohyun wasn't going to leave at first, but Seulgi told her that it was the perfect opportunity for her to get closer to Mrs. Bae again.

So Joohyun relunctantly agreed and left.

"At the corner, near the backdoor." Mrs. Bae answered after glancing at what Seulgi was holding and then continuing with what she was doing.

"Okay" Seulgi did as she was told.

After placing the boxes, Seulgi looked around to find something she could do again, since they were already done with rearranging the furnitures.

Suddenly the doorbell started ringing. 

Seulgi frowned, wondering who it was, since she knew that Mr. Bae don't be back until the afternoon and Joohyun doesn't usually ring the bell.

She looked at Mrs. Bae, who was still busy with va, to hear anything, before going out of the front door. 

She walked towards the gate and opened it, but frowned even more when she saw no one was there. 

She started looking around and then saw a small brown box lying on the ground, just a few feet away from where she was standing, with her name written on it.

She looked around again, before cautiously walking towards the box. She bent down and poked it with her finger before picking it up.

It was lighter than she expected.

She examined the box, looking for any clues that could tell where it came from, but there was none.

She pursed her lips and then slowly peeled off the tape, opening it.

She paused and gulped when she saw a white envelope inside. She picked it up and started to get nervous when she saw a usb flashdrive taped on the bottom of the box.

She peeled off the flashdrive and stared at it for a few seconds, before pocketing it. Making a mental note to borrow Joohyun's laptop later.

She looked at the envelope in her hand and then opened it. She saw a folded paper inside and unfolded it.

 

          You can run, but you can never hide, Kang Seulgi. See you in hell.

 

Her hands started shaking. She looked around again, and then crumpled the paper. 

"I have to call Sooyoung later" Seulgi mumbled nervously, before getting inside the gate, locking it and then going inside the house. 

 

___________

 

"So.. how are you and Seulgi unnie?" Yongsun asked as she took a sip from her drink. 

Joohyun, Yongsun and Moonbyul were now at their favorite cafè to meet up and talk about what had happened three days ago with Mrs. Bae.

"We're good. Still going strong thankfully. But she's been more careful around umma now. She doesn't even sit next to me if umma is around" Joohyun pouted while playing with the straw.

After the incident. Seulgi has been more careful around Mrs. Bae. Seulgi would only show affection to Joohyun or allow skinship, if they were alone or outside the house. 

Joohyun was mad at first, because she felt like Seulgi was losing interest in her, but after Seulgi explained everything, Joohyun finally understood it.

Plus Seulgi would kiss Joohyun passionately, as an apology. So Joohyun wasn't that mad anymore.

"Is auntie still mad at you two?" Moonbyul asked after sucessfully stealing one of Yongsun's cupcakes.

Joohyun shrugged. "I don't know actually. I mean she would ignore us one second and then talk to us the next. But then ignore us again." 

Moonbyul hummed and nodded.

"I think Auntie is still in denial stage, Hyun." Yongsun said. "Maybe she still couldn't believe that her only daughter is gay and in a relationship with a girl too. Plus she has been treating Seulgi unnie like her own daughter. So maybe she's having mixed feelings about all of this" 

Joohyun nodded and took a sip from her drink.

She knew that her mother was just shocked and needed some time to accept everything. That's why Seulgi and her never forced her to accept their relationship immediately.

"Don't worry Hyun. I'm sure auntie will eventually accept who you really are. Just wait patiently. That day will eventually come. You're her only daughter after all" Moonbyul patted Joohyun's shoulder gently.

"I hope so" Joohyun sighed and looked down at her drink.

Yongsun and Moonbyul looked at each other before changing the topic. 

They talked for almost an hour until Yongsun's phone started ringing. 

"Oh. It's my cousin. Wait, I'll just answer this" Yongsun said while walking out of the cafè to find a more quiet space.

Once Yongsun was out of sight, Moonbyul excused herself to the restroom.

Leaving Joohyun alone on their table.

Feeling bored, Joohyun grabbed her phone and began texting Seulgi. Asking her how she and her mother was, but there was no response. 

"She must be busy" Joohyun sighed and began checking her other messages.

"Excuse me, miss?" 

Joohyun looked up from her phone and raised her brows at the man smiling down at her.

"Yes?" Joohyun asked patiently.

"I- uh..." The man scratched his head and then turned to look at the other side of the cafè.

Joohyun followed his line of sight and saw a man and a woman looking at them and doing some random hand gestures.

They stopped when they noticed that Joohyun was looking at them.

Joohyun looked away and internally sighed. She could already tell that the man was there to ask for her number or ask her out.

"Um... My friend over there, the short blonde haired woman hiding behind my other friend, wanted to ask for your number." The man said while pointing at the his friends. 

Now that was new.

Joohyun raised her brows and looked carefully at the other table again. She finally saw the woman, the man was talking about, hiding behind the woman with brown hair. 

"Is it okay?" The man continued.

Joohyun looked at the man apologetically. "I'm really sorry, but I don't give my number to strangers"

"Oh. That's fine. I'll just tell her. I'm sorry for disturbing you" The man bowed and left.

Joohyun sighed and went to focus her attention back to her phone.

"Who was that?" Moonbyul asked as she sat down on her chair. Her eyes looking to where the man went, before looking at Joohyun. "What did he want?" 

"His friend, the woman with short blonde hair, wanted to ask for my number, but I refused to give it. Since I don't know them." Joohyun said without looking up from her phone. She sent another message to Seulgi, but there was still no reply.

Moonbyul looked at the other table again and saw them getting up and then leaving the cafè. 

"She's not bad looking" Moonbyul mumbled while observing the girl, who was just looking down on the floor and walking away fast.

Joohyun sighed and pocketed her phone. 

Moonbyul looked at Joohyun. "What's wrong? Why are you sighing?"

"Seulgi unnie didn't reply to my messages." Joohyun answered while pouting.

Moonbyul chuckled. "You're getting more clingy huh? I bet if Seulgi unnie decided to go back home, you'll be calling or facetiming her 24/7" 

Joohyun pursed her lips.

She knows that it was meant to be a joke, but she couldn't help getting teary eyed, just thinking about it. She couldn't imagine herself without Seulgi beside her anymore.

"Hyun. Hey. I was just kidding" Moonbyul started to panic when she saw a lone tear fell down from Joohyun's eye.

"What's happening?" Yongsun asked in confusion and then slapped Moonbyul's arm as she sat down. "What did you do Moonbyulyi!"

"Ouch!" Moonbyul flinched and held her aching arm. "She was sighing because Seulgi unnie didn't reply to her messages. I told her that she was being clingy and then joked that once Seulgi unnie decided to go back home. She'll be calling and facetiming Seulgi unnie 24/7. I was just kidding! I swear!" 

"You know that they still have things going on and then you decided to blurt out stupid things" Yongsun scolded Moonbyul.

"It's okay Yong." Joohyun wiped her tears and smiled at Yongsun a bit. "It's not Byul's fault. I was just overreacting" 

Moonbyul looked at Joohyun apologetically. "I'm really sorry Hyun. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay. Don't worry about it" Joohyun smiled at Moonbyul.

Yongsun sighed. "Hyun, just forget about what Byul just said okay? You know how stupid she is sometimes" 

"I'm really fine. Don't worry" Joohyun smiled. "I'm sorry for bringing the mood down though" 

Yongsun shook her head. "No. It's okay. It's Moonbyul's fault anyway" 

"I'm really sorry" Moonbyul apologized again.

She didn't argue with Yongsun since she admitted that it was indeed her fault.

Joohyun chuckled. "Yah! Stop apologizing already. Or else I'll ask you to dance like crazy in here to embarrass yourself" 

"Okay!" Moonbyul immediately agreed. She got up and began doing some weird dance moves, earning a few weird looks from the other customers and waitresses.

Yongsun and Joohyun covered their faces in embarrasment.

"I was just kidding" Joohyun said behind her hands.

"Okay that's enough." Yongsun grabbed Moonbyul's shirt, stopping her.

But Moonbyul refused to stop and just continued doing her weird dances.

Joohyun finally giggled while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter