Chapter 6

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun pursed her lips as she stared outside the window of Jisoo's car while they travel back to her house.

After the talk they had with Sooyoung earlier, they went back to the front desk-- Sooyoung made sure that the person she was hiding from wasn't there anymore-- to ask where Seulgi's room was.

Once they knew where it was, they quickly went there, but Seulgi was still sleeping and the visiting hours was almost over. So they had no choice, but to stay inside the room for a few minutes only and then leave.

Joohyun was disappointed at first because she wasn't able to talk to Seulgi or see her awake, but she was just happy to see that the older girl looked okay. She had no other injuries besides the one on her head.

"Do you think it was true?" 

Joohyun tore her gaze from the window and looked at her cousin, who was sitting on the driver's seat and drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, waiting for the lights to turn green.

Sooyoung had stayed at the hospital to arrange Seulgi's stay there.

She wanted to stay for a bit longer too, but since her phone was already dead and she was exhausted, she decided to accept her cousin's offer to drive her back home instead.

She mentally told herself to call her parents before she sleep, to tell them about what happened to Seulgi.

"About what Sooyoung told us?" Joohyun asked.

Jisoo nodded. "Yeah. Do you think Seulgi really ran away from home because of an arrange marriage?" 

Sooyoung told them that Seulgi's mother died after giving birth to her and Seulgi's father is strict and controlling to his children, just like their grandfather. He would only allow his children to have friends or lovers from their circle.

Meaning, they were only allowed to have friends or lovers, if they came from an influential and rich family. If they weren't, they were forced to break ties with them.

Seulgi being the youngest and a free spirit, didn't like it. She would always rebel against her dad's orders. Which made her dad more strict with her. Watching her every move.

And when Seulgi turned 18, her dad secretly made an agreement with one of his friends. They will marry their children to each other after they graduated university. 

This was to make sure Seulgi would be able to marry someone from their circle. And aslo to make the company more successful.

Seulgi was furious when she found out about it. She refused to marry the person her father had chosen for her, resulting into a big argument between them and Seulgi running away from home eventually.

Joohyun pursed her lips and sighed. "I don't know. But maybe it is true. I mean the first time I saw Seulgi unnie, she looked like she indeed run away from home. Although she told us that she was an orphan and her landlord, kicked her out because she wasn't able to pay her rent anymore" She said before looking back outside the window.

She remembered the day her parents introduced Seulgi to her. She knew it was bad to judge someone by their appearance, but Seulgi didn't looked like she was from a rich family at all. With the way she dresses and acted.

But then again, the older girl might have been just acting at that time. Trying to fit the orphan and homeless girl she was portraying. 

Joohyun frowned. She knew that she should be mad at Seulgi for lying, but couldn't. She realized that Seulgi might have done it to protect herself.

Jisoo huffed in disbelief. "But wow! I didn't know that arrange marriage is still a thing. I mean we're already in the 20th century. Who in their right mind would even force their child, to marry someone they don't even love"

Joohyun agreed. They shouldn't force someone to love someone. Marriage is supposed to be between two people who love each other.

"Well Seulgi unnie is from a rich family, so maybe it's a tradition for them" Joohyun sighed.

If it was true that Seulgi really have to marry someone her father had chosen for her, then she should guard her heart more or else she will only get hurt in the end. 

She realized that she was indeed developing romantic feelings for Seulgi, when she saw her sleeping on the hospital bed.

She doesn't know though, if she should confess to the older girl or try to just bury it within her heart. But what she do know is that, she won't avoid Seulgi again, like she had promised to herself before.

"Well in that case, I'd rather be poor than be forced to marry someone I don't love" Jisoo said and began driving again as the lights turned green. 

Joohyun mentally agreed with her cousin. She would rather suffer with someone she loves than act happy with someone she doesn't.

Suddenly Jisoo's stomach growled.

They looked at each other for a brief moment, before laughing out loud. 

"I think we should eat first before dropping you off to your house, Hyun." Jisoo said after her laughter subsides and began focusing back on driving.

"Okay." Joohyun quickly agreed.

It's been a long time since she last saw her cousin and she wanted to spend more time with her. She also wanted to know how Seulgi and her cousin knew each other because they weren't able to talk earlier. 

 

______________

 

"I know you were just pretending to be asleep unnie." Sooyoung said as she sat on the chair next to the hospital bed. "They're gone now. You can open your eyes already" 

"I prefer to just close my eyes and not see you. Because I might do something to you now, that I might regret later" Seulgi said without opening her eyes.

Sooyoung gulped at Seulgi's cold voice. She knew exactly why the older girl was mad at her.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I know you didn't want me to meet Joohyun unnie. But I just happened to be near the bakery when I saw you being carried to the ambulance. I got worried and decided to follow the ambulance, but I got stuck in traffic and when I was finally able to come here. She was already here."

Seulgi sighed and opened her eyes. She turned to her cousin and glared. "But still, you shouldn't have told them anything about me, especially Joohyun."

Seulgi heard ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter