Chapter 5

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun paid the taxi driver and then quickly got out. She wiped her tears as she ran inside the hospital. 

 

Earlier, after she was almost done cooking the last two dishes, one of their staff members rushed towards her and told her about the teenagers fighting just across the street. 

She was about to shrug it off, when she heard the staff telling her that Seulgi went towards the bakery near where the commotion was taking place. 

Joohyun quickly turned the stove off and run out of the kitchen, and into the dining area. 

She slowed down when she saw a massive crowd forming just outside the restaurant, through the glass windows, all looking at the other side of the street, blocking her view.

She inwardly cursed and then got out of the restaurant. She carefully squeezed her way through the crowd, towards the front, where she could clearly see everything, and stopped in fear.

There, just across the street were the teenagers fighting. Some of them were already bleeding, while the others were lying motionless on the ground, unconcious. 

"Where is she?" Joohyun whispered anxiously while scanning the area, specifically the front of the bakery for the older girl. But she couldn't see Seulgi. 

Joohyun pursed her lips and looked at the commotion, contemplating.

She was scared of what was happening, but she was more concerned for the older girl, so she finally decided to just cross the road to find Seulgi.

But before she could even take a step forward. The same staff member, who told her about the commotion, quickly grabbed her arms, preventing her from moving.

"No, unnie. Don't go there. It's dangerous." 

"Let me go! Seulgi unnie might be in trouble!" Joohyun hissed and tried to break free from the strong grip, but failed.

"Jiyeon already called the police, unnie. They'll be here in a minute. Just calm down" The staff still never let Joohyun go. 

Joohyun cursed and tried to break free again, but still failed. 

Suddenly, she heard sirens coming from both directions of the street, distracting her. She quickly stopped struggling and turned to look at where the sirens were coming from. 

Just then she saw something moving from the corner of her eyes. She quickly turned to that direction and saw a teenage boy running out of the bakery while frantically screaming for his friends to get out of there.

Joohyun already knew something bad had happened, by the way the teenager kept looking back at the bakery with fear and guilt on his face.

But before Joohyun could even try to move again. The police had already gotten out of their cars and barricaded the area.

"Ma'am, sir, please move back. Please make way for the ambulance" A police officer yelled to the crowd, that had unknowingly moved to the middle of the road, as he and the other officers started motioning for the people to go back to the sidewalk.

A few seconds later, two ambulances arrived.

Joohyun bit her lips nervously and tried to see past the police officers, who were much taller than her and was now standing in front of her, but failed.

A gasp made her turn to her side.

She had almost forgotten about the staff member she was with. 

"What is it Tzuyu?" Joohyun asked the taller girl worriedly while also trying to see what she was looking at.

"Unnie.. I think you should go to the hospital" 

"Why? What happened to Seulgi" Joohyun turned to the taller girl and grabbed the girl's arm desperately.

Tzuyu looked hesitant. 

"Please tell me!" Joohyun couldn't help but yell. She was really worried and anxious. "I'm sorry for yelling" She quickly apologized once she realized what she just did.

"It's okay, unnie. I understand" The taller girl smiled in reassurance, but then frowned and looked across the street again. "Unnie... I saw Seulgi unnie being put on a stretcher. She was unconcious and was..." She hesitated again.

"Please tell me" Joohyun's grip on the taller girl tightened again as she pleaded. 

"Seulgi unnie was... it looked like her head was bleeding." 

Joohyun gasped and quickly released the taller girl's arm.

She felt her world started spinning and her eyes watering. She was in shocked and doesn't know what to do.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Tzuyu asked carefully while holding Joohyun's arms, preventing her from falling to the ground.

Joohyun blinked a few times and quickly regained her composure. She should stay strong right now, especially since Seulgi needed her the most.

"I have to go to the hospital" Joohyun said once she heard the sirens of the ambulance driving away. 

"Do you want me to go with you to the hospital, unnie?" 

Joohyun sniffed and shook her head. "No. It's okay. I'll be fine. Just stay at the restaurant. Tell them to close early if there's no customers already. I'll just ask where they will bring Seulgi unnie and then go get my wallet and phone before going to the hospital"   

Tzuyu nodded and quickly left.

Joohyun turned to the police officer and asked where the ambulance was headed to. Once she got the answer, she quickly moved away from the crowd and run inside the restaurant to go get her things, before heading to the hospital.

 

Joohyun stopped at the front desk and asked about Seulgi. Once the nurse told her where Seulgi was, Joohyun quickly thanked the nurse and then run to the emergency room.

After a few minutes of running, Joohyun finally arrived at the emergency room.

She weakly took a seat on the available chair and then leaned her head on the wall behind it. She closed her eyes and then continued crying.

She couldn't believe at what happened to Seulgi. She regretted avoiding the older girl for three days.

She didn't mean to, honestly. She was just confused at what she had heard Seulgi said, while the older girl thought she was sleeping.

She didn't know how to react. That's why she decided at that time, to avoid the older girl for awhile, so she could think clearly.

But because of what happened, she realized that she shouldn't have done that. She promised to herself that once she was sure Seulgi was okay, she'll never leave her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter