Chapter 18

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun pouted as she watch Seulgi walked down the stairs with a backpack slung over her shoulder.

"Why can't I go with you?" Joohyun whined while staring at Seulgi.

Mr. and Mrs. Bae went out to meet their friends, that's why they were left alone in the house.

Seulgi smiled and walked closer to Joohyun. She held the younger girl's hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Babe, I already told you that my friends are planning on staying at a hotel nearby after the hike. That's why I won't be able to come back here until tomorrow morning. Your classes will already start tomorrow remember? I don't want Auntie to get mad at me. You know that we still haven't gotten her approval yet" Seulgi lied.

Although Mrs. Bae still haven't changed her mind about her and Joohyun's relationship. 

That wasn't the real reason why Seulgi wouldn't bring Joohyun with her. It had something to do with the flash drive.

It's been two weeks now, since she had received that flash drive and threat. And thankfully nothing bad had happened since then.

But Seulgi still couldn't relax. She was still scared that something will happen. Especially after seeing what was inside that flash drive. 

 

flashback 

 

Seulgi bit her lips as she and Seungwan watch Seunghan, who she just found out was high ranking official in the military, began checking the contents of the flash drive in his laptop. 

 "There's nothing else in here, except for the video. Should we play it?" Seunghan turned around and asked Seulgi, who was standing behind him and watching over his shoulder.

Seulgi nodded.

"Wait! Let Seulgi watch it alone first oppa. Maybe it contains something personal" Seungwan suggested before her older brother could play the video.

Seunghan looked at his younger sister and then at Seulgi.

"She's right." He stood up and let Seulgi sit on his chair instead. 

"Just tell us if you're already done" Seungwan patted Seulgi's shoulder before walking to the living room with her brother. Leaving Seulgi alone at the dining table. 

Seulgi turned to the living room before looking back at the laptop.

She took a deep breath and released it slowly before playing the video. She frowned when she saw that it was a dashcam video.

A few seconds into the video, Seulgi realized that she knew the area where the camera was pointing at. Even if it was still dark at that time and the only source of lights were the street lamps. She recognized it clearly.

She held her breath and anxiously waited as a man in a hoodie was seen walking towards the direction of the car, where the dashcam footage was being recorded.

And when he was about to walk passed the alleyway, a red car emerged from the said alleyway with it's lights turned off and struck the man on the side, sending him flying towards the opposite side of the road. Where he lied down unconcious with blood all over his face and body.

Seulgi quickly stood up, knocking over the chair she was sitting on, and closed the laptop. She couldn't take it anymore. The guilt was eating her up again.

The sound of the fallen chair had caught the Son siblings' attention. They quickly went to the dining area and saw Seulgi breathing heavily with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" Seunghan asked as he went near Seulgi and grabbed the fallen chair.

Seulgi held her chest and looked at Seungwan and then at Seunghan before confessing.

"I killed someone" 

 

end of flashback

 

Seulgi thought that Seunghan would surrender her to the police at that time. She was so nervous being in the same room with him after confessing.

But thankfully Seunghan just told her to calm down and asked Seungwan to assist her to the living room.

They all sat down on the couch and waited for Seulgi to calm down.

Once Seulgi was calm, she started confessing more about the incident. 

The two siblings listened carefully and then gave her a suggestion on what to do, once she was done talking. 

Seulgi hesitantly agreed with what they suggested. Since she wanted to protect Joohyun and her family from danger.

"Babe"

Seulgi snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Joohyun cupping her cheeks. 

Seulgi blinked a few times and focused her eyes on Joohyun's clearly worried ones.

"Are you okay?" Joohyun asked worriedly. "You were spacing out for a while"

Seulgi forced out a smiled. "Yeah. Don't worry, babe. I'm fine. I was just mentally checking if I got everything for the hike." She held Joohyun's waist. "So, what were you saying again? I'm sorry, I didn't hear it."

"I was just saying that we should talk to umma again about our relationship. Maybe she'll have a change of heart now." Joohyun said and hugged the older girl.

Seulgi sighed and hugged Joohyun back. "I don't think that's a good idea babe. We should just wait for a little bit longer. We shouldn't do it now"

"Okay"

They stayed silently hugging like that for a few minutes before Seulgi started talking again.

"Babe, I have to go now. My friends will be here soon."

"Can't you just tell them that you can't go with them?" Joohyun whined while hugging Seulgi tighter.

She felt like something bad would happen to Seulgi if she let her go now.

Seulgi chuckled and carressed Joohyun's back.

"Babe, I'll just be gone for a few hours. I'll be back before you even know it" She kissed Joohyun's head. "And I miss spending time with my friends. I hope you understand. Don't worry though. They will go back to Canada tomorrow afternoon. So I can spend more time with you again."

A week ago, Seulgi told Joohyun that her friends from Canada came to Seoul for a vacation.

Seulgi brought Joohyun with her to meet Seunghan and Hayeon and introduced them to each other. 

Joohyun as her girlfriend while the couple were introduced to Joohyun as her friends from Canada.

They did that so that Joohyun won't suspect anything if Seulgi will spend a few hours with them. 

Joohyun just sighed. She knew that she couldn't convince Seulgi to change her mind.

Suddenly they heard loud honking from outside. 

"That must be them" Seulgi said while trying to break the hug. But Joohyun wouldn't let her.

"Babe, they must be waiting for me already"  

"I'll miss you" Joohyun mumbled.

Seulgi bit her lips. She was having second thoughts about leaving now. But she had to do it.

"Babe, I'll miss you too. I promise I'll call you as often as I can. Okay?" 

Joohyun finally let go of Seulgi, but only to cup Seulgi's cheeks and kiss her hard.

Another loud honk was heard again followed by a doorbell.

Seulgi hummed and slowly broke the kiss. 

"I really have to go. I'm sorry." Seulgi pecked Joohyun's lips one last time before completely letting Joohyun go and walking to the front door.

Joohyun silently followed Seulgi up to the front porch. She pursed her lips and watch as Seulgi open the gate and greeted her friend, Hayeon.

"Hi Joohyun" Hayeon greeted the younger girl.

Joohyun bowed. "Hello unnie"

"You're not coming with us?" Hayeon asked.

"Her classes will start tomorrow already. I don't want her to miss the first day of her class." Seulgi answered instead.

Joohyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter