chapter 1

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun shifted on her seat and stifled another yawn.

She's having a hard time staying awake and listening to her professor talk. And the cold weather doesn't help either. It only makes her feel more sleepy. 

She sighed and then looked around. Almost half of her classmates were in the same state as her.

Some were even sleeping already with their heads on the table.

She then looked back at her professor, wondering if he even noticed that half of his class were already asleep.

Or he might have noticed it, but chose to ignore it instead. Too focused on teaching.

Even though their finals were already over, her professor still insisted on teaching them the correct answers for all of the hard questions that he gave. 

They all politely refused at first because they secretly wanted to go home early, but their professor insisted. And they just let him be since they couldn't do anything about it.

She placed her elbows on the table and cupped her chin lazily.

'When will this torture end? My last two brain cells are dead already'

Joohyun sighed and then glanced at the wall clock.

'Just a little bit more'

She mentally cheered. She couldn't wait to go home and rest already.

 

A few minutes later

 

"Okay class that's it for today. You can go now. Enjoy your vacation"

"Thanks professor"

The sound of chairs being pushed back echoed around the classroom as Joohyun and her classmates stood up to say goodbye and also bow in respect.

Once the professor was out of sight, the classroom erupted into chaos.

Boys started running around, playing with their friends. While girls started talking about how or where they would spend their vacation.

Joohyun on the other hand just quietly put her things back into her backpack. She's not the talkative type and her friends understands it.

They would however try to include her in their conversation from time to time. Like now.

"What about you, Hyun?"

Joohyun blinked a few times before looking up at her friend, Yongsun, in confusion. "Huh?"

"Yong, asked how will you spend your vacation this year. Are you going on a trip with your family this time?" Moonbyul, her other friend, asked.

The three of them have been friends for three years now. Moonbyul and Yongsun were the ones who approached the loner Joohyun.

They were also patient enough to let the girl be comfortable with them at her own pace.

"I don't know" Joohyun shrugged. "We haven't talked about it yet. But to be honest, I don't care where I'm going to spend my vacation, as long as I won't be seeing my textbooks for awhile" She chuckled.

"Me too" 

"Me three"

They looked at each other and then laughed.

"Let's go?" Moonbyul asked after their laughter subsided.

They all nodded and then went out of the classroom.

As they were walking, Yongsun and Moonbyul continued talking about how they would spend their vacation while Joohyun just listened, hugging herself as the cold night breeze blew in her direction. 

"Yeah I know- Hey Hyun, Seulgi unnie is waiting for you already." Moonbyul teased upon seeing a monolid girl leaning against a car near the lamp post.

"Why is she here?" Joohyun mumbled with a frown.

"Picking up her girlfriend of course" Yongsun said with a teasing smile. "I envy you Hyun. I wish I have a lover like her too."

"I told you already! She's not my girlfriend!" Joohyun groaned and then walked faster towards the exit.

"Have fun!" Yongsun yelled. 

"Don't forget to use protection" Moonbyul added and then run away with Yongsun when Joohyun walked back towards them and threatened to throw rocks at them.

Joohyun bit her lips to stop herself from laughing at the comical sight of her two friends running away.

She then turned back around and continued walking towards the gate.

"Hi Hyunnie" The monolid girl greeted with a big smile on her face while taking Joohyun's backpack.

Joohyun didn't say anything and just walked straight to the parked car. She waited for the older girl to unlock the car before getting inside. 

Joohyun sighed and fished out her phone from her pocket to message her father.

 

'Appa, I told you to text me if you can't fetch me, so I can go home on my own. Not send Seulgi unnie here'

 

A message popped up seconds later.

 

​​​​​​'It's dangerous going home alone and Seulgi willingly volunteered anyway. Don't worry'

 

She groaned and then placed her phone back in her pocket. 

Ever since she almost got ran over by a car a month ago, while walking back home, her father had been insisting on sending and picking her up at her University everyday.

She didn't agree with it at first, but after her mother convinced her, she finally agreed.

Sometimes if her father was busy, he would asked Seulgi to fetch her instead. And that makes Joohyun instantly regret agreeing with this arrangement.

"So where do you want to go honey?" The monolid girl asked after getting inside the car.

She the engine first and then the heater for Joohyun, since she knows the younger girl gets cold easily.

Joohyun glared at the monolid girl.

"Seulgi unnie, how many times do I have to tell you to never call me that?!" She said through gritted teeth. 

Seulgi blinked innocently. "Call you what?" 

"Honey!" Joohyun hissed.

"Yes, dear?" Seulgi smiled teasingly.

Joohyun groaned and then sighed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter