I Love You

Beneath That Facade

"People keep saying that Sungjong's the alone one in Infinite ... but that's not true, it's me, it's always been me ..." Sungyeol muttered angrily as he put on his watch and adjusted his jacket in the mirror.

This wasn't supposed to have happened. No. It wasn't. He was numb to it all now - nothing, not even Myungsoo and Sungjong acting all lovey-dovey in the morning, could affect him.

He grazed his eyes with one hand and it came back wet.

I'm crying.

Sungyeol breathed harshly, inhaling and exhaling. Since nobody cared about him, why should he live? Why should he stay here?

WHY?

Knock knock.

His head shot up immediately as he tried to stifle his sobs.

"W-who is it?"

"Yeol, it's me," said a voice and Sungyeol melted almost instantaneously. "Are you okay? Can I come in?"

Sungyeol hunched back on a table, both hands planted on its surface.

"... Nae."

Myungsoo entered the room quietly, closing the door behind him and placed a comforting hand on the shaking Choding.

No words said. Just gestures.

They stayed in that position for a while, Myungsoo waiting patiently till the latter's sobs had died down. He tilted his head, placing a hand on Sungyeol's shoulder. "Is everything okay? Family issues?"

If only you knew.

Sungyeol started to cry again, his body wracking with sobs. He buried his head in Myungsoo's arms while Myungsoo smoothed his hair.

"Shhh, it's fine now."

"M-Myungsoo ... tell m-me ... are all the Myungyeol moments just for f-fanservice?"

"No," the visual murmured, eventually enveloping his friend in a warm hug. "I love you, alright? Everyone does."

 

 

******

 

 

The maknae stood outside the room, his eyes narrowing dangerously when he heard Myungsoo's words.

I love you? Kim Myungsoo, what the are you saying?

Sungjong had never been one to mince words, and he knew that very well. He'd always known that Sungyeol had feelings for Myungsoo. 

But it was never going to happen.

Ever.

Myungsoo loved him. HIM, Lee Sungjong. They'd clicked ever since the trainee days, and there was no freaking way that that would ever change. All the members knew that Myungyeol was just a pairing to please and delight the fans. True, Myungsoo was close to Sungyeol, but he'd never loved him and never would.

"And things are going to stay that way. I'll make sure of that."

 

 

******

 

 

Myungsoo loosened his hold on Sungyeol and glanced at the clock.

"I have to change. Remember, Lee Sungyeol, I love you." Then, he walked out of the room, his footsteps soft.

Sungyeol made no reply, his gaze fixated on the slowly closing door as yet another tear rolled down his cheek.

Obviously not as much as you love Sungjong.

 

 

 

 

I decided to update faster cuz I got so much support <3

Sad ... Myungyeol moment ... kind of?

-dodges your potatoes-

Did this get the story somewhere? *^*

-heartbreak over my our Yeollie's cries- YEOL COME HERE, I'LL LOVE YOU

lmao. o3o

COMMENT + SUBSCRIBE = FASTER UPDATES WOOOOOOT!