Forever

Beneath That Facade

No, no, no.

Myungsoo glanced around anxiously at his surroundings, sweat dripping down his hair. His worried orbs scanned the alleys and corridors in vain for Sungyeol.

This is so wrong.

"I haven't even told you how I feel yet," he whispered softly, another drop of pespiration trickling down his forehead. "Lee Sungyeol - I can't lose you ..."

 

[FLASHBACK]

An eleven-year-old boy squatted by the playground, watching other kids play as he opened his lunchbox and chewed on a sandwich. The wind blew his short, dark brown bangs a little to the side.

"Do you wanna play with us?"

He looked up in surprise. Someone else was looking down at him, stretching out one hand. He looked about the same age but was a few centimetres taller. Myungsoo paused for a while.

I'm the outcast ... do I deserve to play with anyone?

"Come on," the other boy urged. "We want to get to know you! Don't you? We could all be friends!" His innocent face broke into a wide smile as he pointed at his friends who were kicking a ball around.

Myungsoo hesitated for a while, his gaze hovering at the gesture of friendship. 

"Give yourself a chance. Everyone needs to be given a chance," The boy repeated simply.

Myungsoo took his hand.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

It was hard to believe that Infinite's visual and most popular member, Kim Myungsoo, was once an outcast.

Someone so pathetic and lonely that he didn't have one single friend.

Nobody cared. Nobody at all.

Except Sungyeol.

Myungsoo's hands shook as he struggled to keep calm. What crap was he doing, reliving their past like this? The most important thing right now was for him to find Sungyeol.

That's it ... our childhood hangout!

"You left me once, I'm not going to let you leave me again," he declared as he raced towards the playground.

 

 

******

 

 

Sungyeol sat huddled under the monkey bars alone, his mouth set in a thin line. The gentle breeze sent tiny chills down his neck. He shivered slightly, tightening the grip around his legs even more.

"Myungsoo-ah, do you remember this place? I bet you don't ..."

He sighed, not even wanting to think about Myungsoo anymore. Every time he thought of the younger boy, his heart would ache terribly like nothing else.

"Do you love me? Like me, at least? No? Okay ..."

Talking to himself made Sungyeol feel better. Delusional, maybe, but that was all it took for him not to break down.

"Sungyeol!"

Sungyeol whipped around in shock as he saw a familiar figure step closer and closer, not having seen him yet.

"Yah, Lee Sungyeol! I know you're here! Where are you?"

Look under the monkey bars, stupid, Sungyeol wanted to say but instead kept his mouth tightly clamped.

As if on cue, Myungsoo crouched down and met his gaze, his lips curled into a y-looking smirk. He then bent over and sat next to the Choding in silence.

An awkward silence followed.

"I-I should go," Sungyeol said as he stood up and broke the tension between them.

Myungsoo grabbed his hand.

"No. Don't go."

Both of them stayed like that for a while again - Sungyeol breathing loudly and harshly while Myungsoo looking up at him with guilty eyes. Finally, they looked at each other, unable to find any words to say.

The visual spoke first. "I was wrong, Yeollie. I thought you didn't understand me ... I thought you were flaring up for no reason."

There was no response. Sungyeol's eye throbbed a bit.

"Now I know," Myungsoo continued, reaching out and holding Sungyeol's hands in his. "I know why you acted like that. And now, I finally know how to react."

Here comes the rejection ...

The older boy closed his eyes, unwilling to process any further information.

"I love you too, Lee Sungyeol."

"What?"

"You've been giving in to me, loving me all in silence. I was an idiot not to know," Myungsoo whispered. "Give me - give us a chance?"

Sungyeol opened his eyes immediately to stare at Myungsoo. "Did you mean what you just said?"

"I meant every word of it. I promise."

Once again, Sungyeol's gaze became misty. Myungsoo enveloped him in a warm, loving hug as the latter cried openly into his shoulder.

Forever.

 

 

 

 

Thank you to all who commented. You really gave me back some of my motivation, given that I've been really emotional these days for some reason. And don't worry, I won't be ditching this fic. I have way too many plans for that.

Those who have any questions ... feel free to PM me. (well, don't ask me about the storyline)

Thank you for reading and please fill the comment box before you close the tab lol. Thanks.

 

Comment + subscribe = more updates