I Thought

Beneath That Facade

"We're back," Myungsoo said in a soft voice as he stepped into the dorm. Sunggyu was on the floor sulking.

"Thanks a lot. I got scolded by manager-hyung when he couldn't find the both of you."

"Sorry?" Sungyeol replied uncertaintly. Both of them exchanged worried looks. It seemed like everyone was mad at them for no apparent reason.

Okay, maybe there is a reason, Sungyeol told himself. It to have Sunggyu-hyung mad at us though.

"By the way, he found out about the video and got really angry. Something about Infinite never being the same again. Tch." The leader stared at them accusingly before snorting and got up, not even bothering to acknowledge their earlier apology. Instead, he looked straight at Myungsoo as the younger boy awkwardly shuffled his feet.

"Sungjong's really upset. Go talk to him."

Myungsoo just nodded and heaved a deep breath, Sungyeol not feeling any better either.

 

 

******

 

 

"Feeling better?" Hoya asked with a smile etched on his face. He'd been comforting Sungjong for two hours straight, and the maknae seemed to be in a happier mood now.

Sungjong nodded slowly. "I'm okay, hyung. Thanks." He flashed a smile back and cuddled closer.

"Will Dongwoo-hyung get jealous?"

Hoya scoffed. "I don't have such a petty boyfriend."

"Yah," Sungjong said as he stifled a laugh. "Treasure the people around you, you never know when they'll leave -"

Myungsoo left.

He paused, feeling a sour sensation sting his eyes again.

Crap.

"Hey, what happened?" Noticing the change, Hoya stared down at him with an anxious gaze. "Did I do something wrong?"

"N-No, I'm alright," he choked out. "J-Just -"

And then Sungjong broke down again, burying his sobs in his hyung's jacket. He didn't want Myungsoo to leave. He loved him, he really did. Why did Myungsoo have to change suddenly? Why?

Why ... ?

"I miss him, hyung," Sungjong cried with his breathing harsh. "I miss him so much."

 

 

******

 

 

Knock knock.

For the second time that week, Myungsoo was outside the exact same door, comforting yet another person.

But this time, it wasn't going to be easy.

 

 

******

 

 

 

Hoya glanced towards the door.

"I think I heard someone knock ..."

"Don't open it," Sungjong said stubbornly, still wiping away his tears. "If it's Myungsoo, all the more don't."

"Jongie ..."

"And don't even try to talk me round. I've made up my mind," the youngest boy insisted.

Hoya shook his head disappointedly. "Your choice."

Knock knock knock.

"Jongie? Are you in there?" A voice called out, tinged with anxiety. "Can I talk to you?"

There was no response. Sungjong's eyes were now dark and full of hatred, scaring Hoya a little.

Knock knock knock knock knock! The knocking became more urgent. Outside, Myungsoo was biting his inner cheek while debating with himself whether or not to break the door down.

"Sungjong, please," he called out. "I know you're angry with me, but don't ignore me like this!"

Hoya got up to open the door but was pulled back by an irritated maknae.

"He's going to give up sooner or later. Leave it," Sungjong hissed.

The latter reached for his phone uncomfortably and started rattling off a text to Myungsoo.

'I'm here with Sungjong. He's pissed off right now - but he's fine, don't worry. -Hoya'

Less than a minute later, his phone beeped and indicated a message.

'Thanks hyung. Can I come back in a while to have a talk with him? -Myungsoo'

'Sure. I'll open the door for you.'

"Is that Myungsoo you're texting?" Sungjong demanded sullenly when he failed to catch a glimpse of the screen.

"No," Hoya lied. He was always good at lying through his teeth without batting an eyelid and took this chance to show it. As expected, Sungjong believed him but couldn't help feeling slightly disappointed when he didn't hear anymore knocks. Scratch that - he was really, really disappointed.

Does he really not give a about me anymore?

 

 

******

 

 

Sungyeol was in the midst of fixing himself a bowl of instant ramyun when a dejected-looking Myungsoo entered the kitchen, slamming his fist on the table and growling quietly.

He was almost afraid to ask. Seeing Myungsoo like this made him feel that Sungjong still held a place in his heart - a very important place.

He made a vain attempt at comforting himself. They WERE together before I stepped in ...

Now he just felt plain guilty. Yah don't be stupid, Lee Sungyeol! Myungsoo said he felt the same too!

His voice shook a little when he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"It didn't go well?"

"He ignored me," the other boy replied bitterly. "Hoya's in there with him though, and I told them I'd be coming back later."

"Oh," Sungyeol said with his expression blank, unsure of what to say. Myungsoo seemed like a ticking time bomb right now and he definitely didn't want to piss him off any further than he already was.

"... Want some ramyun? I brewed Americano."

"Ani - it's fine. I'm going to get some freedom." Without waiting for any reply whatsoever, Myungsoo strided out of the kitchen and slammed the main door after him.

Hard.

The Choding felt his heart sink a little, his gaze shifting to his pinky.

I thought we promised ... why do I feel like things aren't going to be alright after all?

 

 

 

 

fad2811 - LOL my dangerous tone. xD Hmm ... you'll see in the ending! ^__^

TiaraL - EH SO CHANGMINNIE FOREVER ALONE?!!!! ;~~; 

TiaraL (again) - SPAMMER. D:<

TiaraL (AGAIN!!!!) - I LOVE YOU MORE THAN RAINBOW SPRINKLED ICECREAM AND I'LL GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH TOO 8D SOMEDAYYYY. /glomps

lollysheep - Unnie. :DD Hmm ... sorry if this kind of made you sad ;~; Ahaha I hope not right? xD

allypolaris - I FEEL GUILTY OTL OTL SORRY D: BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT MYUNGYEOL IS MAI OTP TOO. I'LL MAKE SURE THEY'LL BE TOGETHER >:3

Teahyun - NYAAAAAAAAHHH ~ /dances with you/ LOLOLOL :> I updated! Ya happy? xD Eh, I like you too. /shameless 8'D

menikkey - JONGIE CAN BE WITH ME <3 HAHAHA KIDDING. OuO;;

a_song_4_yoo_rin - /shudders/ Myungie came to his senses though xD AHAHAHA.

opal8air - LOLOLOL o3o -skips around with you- LET'S PARTAAAAAAAY <3333 Hahaha I'm glad to know you like it! ^^

Ashertua - Thank youuuuu. ;D Their promise will hold valid eventually. <3

DKHKSuJu - I'm happy to know you like this fic :> AND I WILL UPDATE FAST SINCE YOU LIKE IT! OuO

perfectless - UPDATED ;) HMM. Yes, Myungyeol are togetherrrrr 8'D Well. Ahem. THEY WILL BE.

kiiroPRI - EHEHEH I LOVE READERS WHO SPAZZ o3o /glomps you randomly/ Jongie will ... be with me. >:D KIDDING ~

numnums_shinee - It's okay! ^^ Thanks for commenting <3 And yes, Sungjong is kind of evil. T__T

afrhxgd - THANKS DEAR. ^__^

afrhxgd (again) - Sungjong not happy. Maknae angry. /shoves teddy bear for Jong to punch

afrhxgd (again ... ya trying to be like TiaraL?) - HE WILL. HE JUST DID. (x

2PMSNSD - Hellooooo ;D I love new readers, especially those who comment! So I would like to say a huge THANK YOUUUU ~ and I HAVE UPDATED! 8'D

PeachCherryProposal - Uh ... /stares at how happy you are/ Uh ... OAO;; /makes a run for it after you read this chapter

annabgs - You'll see xDD LOLOL. Thank youuuu <3

Kathy0695 - Yes. DRAMA IS HERE ~ DUNDUNDUN. >:) /evil music plays

 

 

 

I have ... nothing to say. ;~;

/dodges potatoes again

(the GIF above ... was totally random. -3-)

/runs off again