Aegyo = Fail

Beneath That Facade

Myungsoo stared at his phone as confusion spread across his face.

Did Hoya-hyung just hang up on me?

"This is so messed up," he half-screamed into the empty surroundings. "WHAT ON EARTH ... ?"

"Oh My God, is that Myungsoo-oppa? You know, Kim Myungsoo from Infinite?" Out of nowhere, he heard a high-pitched squeal. Myungsoo sighed inwardly and secretly prayed that she would go away.

Another day, another fangirl.

Yah Kim Myungsoo, you sound just like some ungrateful jerk right now, his conscience nagged at him.

Shut up, the other half of his mind screamed back.

To his surprise, the fan didn't rush over to demand for a hug. Instead, there was no sound nor movement coming from her direction. Myungsoo itched to turn around and see what was happening but he knew that some fans would bombard him with screams of joy if he ever did that.

"Aren't you going to ask for his autograph or something?" A seemingly irritating voice cut in all of a sudden, leaving Myungsoo momentarily surprised. "You've been fangirling over him all week."

"Yeah but ..." He sensed the other girl bite her lip in hesitance. "He seems like he's in a bad mood."

"Whatever. It's probably because he argued with his bandmate today afternoon."

News has spread that fast already?

Myungsoo whipped around and bore his eyes into the girl who had just spoken. She froze, unsure whether she had done something wrong. He leapt off the bench and strided towards the both of them.

"What did you just say?"

"M-Myungsoo oppa ..." The first girl stared up at him with admiring orbs and felt a little dizzy. Myungsoo felt like rolling his eyes. For heaven's sake, he was being serious here - what was the girl trying to do?

He aimed for the other one, who was tapping her foot and looking bored.

"I said, what did you just say?"

She smirked. "Are all idols this rude? Because I really don't see why so many people worship you."

"Don't play with me," Myungsoo breathed dangerously, gripping her wrist tightly. She winced at the sudden pain shooting through her hand. "How widespread has the video gone?"

"How am I supposed to know? L-let go of me first!"

He released her grip and dropped her hand roughly. Her eyes widened in shock and disgust while the other simply gaped at him with open. Myungsoo knew he'd just lost a fan - maybe even two. But he didn't care.

She dusted herself, glaring back at him. "Before you touch me, think of your reputation buddy."

"WILL YOU JUST ING TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW?" He yelled.

The girl rolled her eyes. "I don't know about other areas, but practically everyone in the neighbourhood has seen it already."

.

Without another glance back for the two, Myungsoo turned straight around and ran back.

 

 

******

 

 

"Yah."

Woohyun stepped out of his room, eyes fixated on the stoning Choding.

"Yah."

Sungyeol continued stoning with his mouth wide open as the bowl of uneaten noodles stayed on the floor. Inwardly, Woohyun rolled his eyes.

And you told me not to take everything. Aish, Lee Sungyeol.

He sat down once again, inching closer to Sungyeol. Forming an "o" shape with his thumb and index finger, Woohyun lightly flicked the side of the younger boy's forehead.

"YOWWWWWWW!"

Okay ... maybe not so lightly.

"Sorry." He beamed foolishly at his friend, who was rubbing his temple in an annoyed manner while shooting a deathglare. "You were in your own little world, so I decided to wake you."

"It hurts ..." Sungyeol muttered some more. "Fu -"

"Yah. Don't cuss."

"And what if I do?"

Namstar formed another "o" shape with his thumb and finger and waved it in front of Sungyeol.

The Choding looked sullen. "Fine. I'll shut up."

He smiled and scooted closer while the latter tried moving away. "How's everything so far?"

"Same old."

"Don't same-old me," Woohyun snapped, crossing his arms decisively. "I wanna know what else happened between you and Myungsoo."

"Didn't I tell you already?" Sungyeol cried and cupped his hands over his ears childishly. "Stop being nosy! I'm not elaborating any further! Go away and leave me alone!"

He pouted. "But you didn't tell me the full story! Yeollie-ah ~"

The younger grabbed a saucepan off the stove and swung it around dangerously. 

"Get out before I kill you!"

"You won't, I know ~" Woohyun tried cooing at his friend with as much aegyo as possible.

Whoosh.

A gust of wind blew straight into his face as the saucepan lunged for him. Woohyun shrieked like a girl and ran out of the kitchen, flailing his arms dramatically.

Aegyo = fail.

 

 

******

 

 

Sungjong placed the phone carefully in a drawer, locking it this time round. He placed the key safely in his pocket and smiled at Hoya.

He's being possessive over a phone? MY phone?

... Am I the only one who thinks maknae's being kind of creepy right now?

Hoya tried to lighten the mood by waving his arms dismissively. "Geez, you don't have to be so serious about this. I was just ... texting Myungsoo in case he thought I was dead!" He tried to say it as a joke, but it came out as an awkward, strangled plea.

"I know, hyung, I know," Sungjong replied sweetly. "I just DON'T want you to do that."

Okay, maybe I should escape the room.

 

 

******

 

 

My precious skin could have been ruined by that annoying elementary schooler!

Does he know how many cosmetics I use to maintain my complexion? Huh? Does he?

Woohyun fumed, placing both hands on his waist. He glared towards the direction of the kitchen.

So much for trying to be a good hyung ...

He quickly dug into his precious stash of facial products and started applying some cream in front of a mirror. Almost immediately, Hoya dashed out of his room, inhaling heavily. He stared down at his bandmate.

"Wow. You still care about your complexion at this time." He couldn't help but slightly roll his eyes to the side.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Woohyun mumbled and cast Hoya a dirty look before reapplying some more.

 

 

 

 

No comment replies this time ;~~~~~~~~~~; I'm sowwyyyy. >w> /hides

One thing though, I'm so touched at the support I'm getting ;A; I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH <333333333

COMMENT + SUBSCRIBE = FASTER UPDATES WOOOOOOOOOOT!