What If One Day I Open This Door and You Aren't Here Anymore?

Too Close That Overlook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback 

 

"Hik hik please don't bully me! Somebody, please help me!" -little Youngah-

"Hey, go away from her!" -little Minki-

"Please help me!" -little Youngah-

"Don't cry! You're safe now. I'll protect you. My name is Minki." -little Minki-

"My name is Youngah. Can you be my friend?" -little Youngah-

"Yes Minki and Youngah are now friends. Hehe" -little Minki-


----- End of Flashback -----

 


Youngah's POV


"One day I will leave you. One day I will leave you. One day I will leave you....."


"No, Minki, No... Nooooooo..."

 

I shouted till woke up from sleep. I patted my forehead to calm myself. I turned to look at the clock. It was still 3AM. 

 

"I guess I think too much. I should just try to sleep back." I said to myself then laid down to sleep back.

A moment later, I heard the sound of opening door. I quickly opened my eyes. 

"Minki?..... Is he going anywhere?... Is he leaving?.... No...." I became panic. 

I rushed to get off from bed and left my room. I quickly went to his room but he wasn't inside. I became more panic and my tears started to drop. I lost my balance. I was on my knees crying in between his room door. 

 

"hik hik Minki, you're really leaving me? You're already leaving me? Why Minki? How do I supposed to live all alone by myself..... Minki-ah..."

I couldn't express my feeling at this moment. I never thought he would leave. 


"Youngah???" suddenly a familiar voice sounded. 


I quickly turned to look at the voice's owner. I saw Minki was standing and looking at me. 

 

"Minki!!!" I called out his name loudly then stood up and rushed to hug him. 


"Minki, you're still here. I thought you've left me already. When I open the door and don't see you, I'm so scared. Please don't leave me this fast! I beg you." I kept bawling, telling him my fear while my arms tightened more hug to him. 

I knew he was lost. I knew I reacted too much but I just felt so scared... I'm really scared of losing him. 

 

"... Mmm I went to drink water. I felt so thirsty when I woke up. Calm down, Youngah! Maybe my words to you this evening made you worried. I'm sorry. Don't take it serious!" he started consoling me while patting my head. 

I couldn't be calm yet. I still hugged him while crying. 

 

"We still have class tomorrow. Let's go back to sleep!" he said. 

I slowly released my face from laying on his chest and looked at him but never let go of my arms wrapping over his body. 

"Minki, can I sleep in your room too? I'm scared when I'm away from you, you'll leave me." I made a request. 

Minki widened his eyes in shock to hear my request. But after spending a moment to understand my feeling through eyes, he nodded to agree. 

.....

We put a pillow in the middle and slept on the same bed. It's my first time to sleep closely with a man like this but I felt totally fine. Perhaps it's Minki who has been my best friend for years. 

I kept looking at him and still sobbing in fear of losing him. 

 

"You problem girl, close your eyes and sleep! You may get sick." he said to me after I kept staring at him like half an hour without bothering to think what time it is now.

"You're not leaving me, are you?" I asked to confirm again. 

He gave me a smirk. "Yeah not now because it's so late already. Maybe tomorrow I will leave." he said then laughed in teasing way. 

"Minki hik hik..." I burst out crying loudly like a kid. 

"Oh oh oh... I'm just kidding. Don't cry! I'm not gonna leave you. We still have 4 years to finish university." he said then patted my head. 

I felt calm a little bit. I grabbed his hand which he was patting my head. 

"I'm gonna sleep, holding your hand like this so you can't leave me." I kid-likely said to him. 

He burst out smiling then he gave me a nod. "Fine! Let's sleep then!" he said then closed his eyes to sleep. 


I kept looking at his sleeping face and holding his hand till fell asleep too. 

 

-----///-----

 

NEXT DAY


I felt so relieved when I woke up and I still saw Minki was sleeping next to me. He didn't let go of his hand from me for full night. I was amazed to see his left hand was still inside mine.

I got up first then went to prepare myself for school. 

.....

 

"Youngah, breakfast is done." Minki shouted from kitchen. 

I quickly grabbed my bag and ran to him. 

.....

"Good morning, my lovely Minki!" I sweetly did morning greeting to him. 

"Omg everything is so delicious... I can't do it by myself yet so you have to stay with me." I flattered him. 

Minki just smiled and kept waving his head in disbelief... I knew I'm a ungrown-up kid to him. 

After finished having breakfast, we went to school. 

-----

 

"Good morning, Jimin!!!" I greeted Jimin with my bright smile once I entered the class. 

Minki waved hi to Jimin then soon went to his seat. 

 


"Oh what are these?" Minki exclaimed. 

 

I went to him. 

"What's up, Minki?" I asked. 

"Look, there are many gifts on my desk....." Minki said then turned to call Jimin. "Jimin, aren't these yours?"

Jimin frowned then he walked to us. He checked the gifts on Minki's desk.

"Perhaps, they didn't know we exchanged seat." Minki said.

Jimin continued checking the gifts for a moment. 

"Nah, I think these are yours. Look at this letter, your name is on. I guess other gifts are belong to you too. You're getting popular now." Jimin gave Minki a wink then went back to his seat. 

 

Minki stood still, looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter