You're Not Someone I've known

Too Close That Overlook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New day has come. I told myself to do like what I have decided. I'm going to ignore Minki the same way he does though I don't know if I'm really able do it..... 

 

I ran into Minki at school gate. I quickly turned away from him and walked to class first, trying my best to ignore that heartless guy. 

.....


Jimin didn't come to school today due to his work schedule so I felt a bit lonely. I wasn't feeling fine as I'm having a terrible headache since last night. I struggled to study until lunch break.

During lunch break, I took rest in class. I laid my head on my desk and slept, planning to skip lunch as I needed sleep more than food at this moment. 

 

 

"Youngah, Youngah!" 

Someone was calling me and trying to wake me up by shaking my shoulder gently. I struggled to open my eyes.

 

"Youngah! Are you sick?"

It was Minki. He touched my forehead as soon as I lifted my face from landing on the desk. 

"What is wrong with you? You're so hot. Let's go to treatment room!" he worriedly said.

I threw his hand and made a little space from him. 

 

"I can go by myself." I said then struggled to stand up, intending to leave the class right away. 

"Can you really go by yourself?" he asked with worries again.

I turned back to look at him. "I've to be on my own. I have nobody to rely on anymore." I replied then left. 

.....

I went to have check up at treatment room alone. I received medicine from a nurse. After checking up, I went to cafeteria. 


Eunha was eating in cafeteria. I saw her was sitting alone so I went to join her. 

We were eating and chitchatting together. A moment later, Minki came and joined us. I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable eating in the place that have me so I asked to leave first. 

 

"Eunha, I'm full now. I'm gonna go first." I said then left them. 

I didn't look at Minki because I didn't want to hurt myself seeing his loveless emotion for me. 

.....

I went back to class. I took medicine then continued sleeping on my desk.

For full day, I woke up and studied when lectures started but I would rest my head on desk to sleep again when breaktime came. 


*Break-time*

 

"Youngah!" 

Someone patted my back to wake me up. 

"Oh, Eunha! What's up?" I messaged my forehead to make myself fully awake. 

"Are you sick?" she worriedly asked. 

I nodded tiredly. "I've been headache and exhausted but I went to get treatment already so I think I'm gonna be fine soon. Thank you for worrying!" I replied and forced a smile. 

"Hmm, Minki told me to give you this fresh milk. Please take it!" Eunha handed me my favorite fresh milk. I was looking at it a little bit then pushed it to her back. 

"I don't take it. Please give it back to him!" I rejected. 

 

Eunha turned to look at Minki who was sitting at the back for a while then she received it back. "Fine! I'll give it to him back. By the way, if you're feeling unwell, please don't hesitate to tell me!"

I nodded. Eunha went back to her place. 

.....

During the last session, I couldn't bear with the terrible headache anymore so I went to ask from lecturer to leave class first. 

Everyone showed concern to me if it's fine for me to go by myself. I insisted I'm fine. Then I left. 

.....

I was walking to leave the school alone. 


"Ah it's so cold today. Why does the temperature suddenly drop down like this?"

I couldn't bear. I sat down at a corner of corridor as I became weaker because of the cold weather. 

"Omma Appa... I miss you."

I was sitting, laying my head on the wall and suddenly I missed my beloved parents. 

I took my phone and made a phone call to my mom.  


On Phone 

Me : Hello, Omma! 

Mom : Hello my dear Youngah! Class finished already? 

Me : I asked to leave first. I'm not feeling well today. (sobbing)

Mom : Oh dear, are you sick? Is it serious? Is Minki with you? Minki isn't taking care of you? 

Me : I'm gonna be fine, Mom. I'm sick because I miss you. I miss you, Appa and Busan. I guess I'm homesick. 

Mom : Mom will go to visit you soon. Please endure! Eat well, rest well! Don't be too sad, my dear! 

Me : Deee, omma! Please tell Appa, I miss him so much too. I'm gonna hang out now. Bye bye 


I ended the call.

 

I burst out crying loudly as I felt so sick and lonely. I held my knees and laid my face on my knees crying alone. 

"I'm so lonely here. I want to go back to Busan. It's so cold. Hik hik"

 

A moment later, I felt something on my back. I quickly lifted my face to see. 

"Minki!" I was stunned, seeing Minki was putting his coat for me. 

"You'd better check weather broadcast before you leave home in the morning. It's winter. Weather can drop immediately like that." he lectured me while putting his coat on me. 

I remained silent for a while then I snapped out of my thoughts. 

I took off his coat from my back. I stood up and handed it to him back. 

"I'm fine with it. I'm gonna go now."

I ran quickly from him because I didn't want him to see me cry more than this. 

I caught a taxi then went back home. 

-----

When I was safe from his eyes, I started crying out my pain. Today he seemed to care about me but I already decided to ignore him back.  I felt like he is fooling me or something so his sudden care to me just hurt me more. 

I arrived home and soon slept. 

.....

I woke up around 9Pm and I felt hungry. I left to find something to eat. 


"Omo!!!"

I startled to see Minki was inside the kitchen, cooking. 

"Wh... Why are you here?" I stuttered, asking him. 

 

He turned to look at me with a smirk. "I paid for this house too. It's nothing wrong for me to come and stay whenever I want." he replied then turned to continue cutting his carrot back. 

I stood still for a while then I went to take a cup noodle. 


"I'm gonna finish cooking soon. Let's eat together!" he said without looking at me. 

"It's ok. I'm gonna eat cup noodle at my room." I replied then went to pour hot water in my cup noodle then went back to my room. 


I cried while eating the cup noodle to see him back home after leaving me that morning mercilessly. 

 

After finished eating, I went out again, intended to get some water. 

I saw something that shock me again. Minki was standing still in front of refrigerator holding the cake I bought for him on his birthday that I have kept inside the refrigerator for two days already. 

I became emotional and felt painful again to see the cake's owner was holding it. However it was an abandoned cake to me. 

I went to take the cake from him. 

 

"It was on 03/NOV. I forgot to throw it away. Sorry! It should be rotten now. It has been a few days already. I'm gonna throw it away." I said then threw it into the rubbish bin. 

Then I went to refrigerator again. 

 

"I just came to get some water. Goodnight!" I quickly took one bottle of water then turned to leave. 

After walking a few steps, I heard his footstep too. I turned back and I saw he was taking the cake I threw away in rubbish bin earlier out. I was stunned, seeing his act. He got the cake and went to put it on dining table. Then he went to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter