r | 18

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 18]

For Chenle, avoiding Gayeon was his top priority right now. In his mind, he was convinced that avoiding her should be simple since they had a fight last night anyway. Little did he know, the girl wanted some time to talk to him, in hopes to clear things up. To make sure he could avoid her as much as possible, he made sure Jisung gave him missions the entire day. That way, he was out of the home and not in contact with her.

 

After his entire rampage from last night, Chenle was itching to just do anything to relieve his stress and anxiety. And his missions, were perfect for that. Whenever he pulls that trigger on a person, it brings him a sense of control; as if he had a say in whether or not they should stay alive.

 

Jisung’s words last night kept repeating themselves within his mind. Constantly torturing the male as he went through his day. He was terrified to say the least. He was still in disbelief that he could let this happen without even realizing it. And now, he was stuck questioning himself about everything. Why is he so vulnerable around her? Shouldn’t he hate her? They clash too much. They are both too hot-headed. So, why does he ultimately choose to be so vulnerable, so open to this girl? Why does he always feel the need to protect her? Perhaps for Jisung? No. Then what the hell is it?

 

“The target is in the hotel building in front of the one you’re on. His room is directly in the center of the columns of the windows and is two floors down from the top. It must be your lucky day, the man’s conveniently left the balcony doors open. It’s all you now.” Jisung said, informing the older. Breathing in through his nose, Chenle aimed his sniper at the target’s location. This- This is what he loved doing; making judgement of when someone should die in his hands. Finally finding the man, he didn’t hesitate to pull the trigger. Despite shooting and killing him the first time, Chenle took the time to shoot twice after. “Yah, don’t overkill! We don’t need any possible trouble today because of your carelessness!” Jisung was not wrong though. WayV and other rival groups had been awfully silent for the past week and only made them paranoid that they could strike at any moment.

 

After his final mission for the day was complete, Jisung made it clear that he expected him home immediately. Sometimes, it felt like Jisung was the older rather than Chenle. The car ride back home was silent with Lucas as the driver. Lucas could sense an awful amount of tension in the air as he drove. The male wondered how much it would take to make the latter burst; probably not much.

 

“You didn’t have to drive me home today, I wanted to walk back.” Chenle complained to the male with his arms crossed.

 

“Can’t let you do that; Jisung’s orders. Plus, maybe I can say ‘hi’ to the pretty girl at your place.”

 

It was just as Lucas expected, Chenle didn’t look so happy from the mention of the girl. “Hands off, she’s Jisung’s sister.”

 

His response only made the older smirk, “Exactly. She’s Jisung’s sister and you have no say in what I can and can’t do.”

 

Chenle clenched his jaw out of frustration and balled his hands into fists. Lucas, who seemingly enjoyed this, flashed a rather innocent smile at him. “I’m kidding, I just like messing with you.”

 

That only made Chenle even more confused; why was he so worked up about it? Why was he so concerned with who she might talk to? Why was he so protective? He just couldn’t seem to understand.

 

Not even bothering to exchange a single word with Lucas, Chenle slid out of his seat with his weapons to enter his home when they arrived. Just as he was about to open the door, it swung wide open on its own. Actually, it had swung open aggressively because of Gayeon, who heard his movement outside. She had no time to spare in attempt to talk to him. Unfortunately for Chenle, his best friend sold him out and told Gayeon his plan to avoid her at all cost.

 

“Get out of my way.” The taller individual said with a scowl, shoving her to the side as he stepped inside. The male was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter