r | 8

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 8]

It was past 2 AM when Chenle had awakened from his sleep. The raven haired boy shot up in a slight panic when he turned to his left and noticed Gayeon’s absence. His head ce again, scanning the entire hotel room for the missing girl. Quickly noticing the figure standing out on the balcony, the male sighed in relief. For a good second, he had thought he’d lost his best friend’s twin in his sleep.

 

His mind automatically repeated Jisung’s words, “Apologize by the time you get back home.” Oh, how he wished he didn’t need to exchange a single word to her. Unfortunately, Jisung, himself, would hang him as punishment if there were no apologies made tonight. He hated the whole idea of feeling apologetic. Why should he apologize anyway? Either way, he knew it would be no good if he didn’t do so.

 

Sliding off the mattress and habitually bringing the handgun on the nightstand into his grasp, Chenle approached the balcony in which she stood on. Her head snapped back in surprise when he swiftly slid the door open. His eyes were as cold as usual and his hair a little disheveled due to sleeping.

 

“Why are you up?” She asked, glancing over at him while leaning against the railing.

 

The taller male blankly shrugged at her before asking, “Why are you awake?”

 

“Can’t seem to sleep, I guess I’m too scared of what happened that I can’t sleep. Either way I’m more scared you might kill me in my sleep. At least the stars would comfort me.”

 

Her jab at him was not necessarily said at the right time and place. In fact, it quickly caused anger to settle into him. Scoffing bitterly, his head flung back letting him stare up at the night sky as he shoved his hands into his pockets. “And to think I was going to apologize for earlier today.”

 

“Oh please, you don’t even feel bad; Jisung probably told you to apologize.”

 

His eyes shifted over to the girl, staring daggers into her. “Maybe he did tell me to, but I actually felt a little bad for blaming it on you. But you know what?! It is your fault. Don’t ing expect an apology from me anymore.”

 

Gayeon stubbornly crossed her arms, “As if I care! I don’t need a ing apology, you !” With that, she left to go inside first, slamming the sliding door shut behind her.

 

Exhaling a rather heavy breath, Chenle leaned against the railing and massaged his temples. What the hell was he even doing? Apologizing to a girl like her? No way. The one time he attempted to push his ego aside and admit his mistakes, she just so happens to take the opportunity to attack him.

 

He stared up at the moon and the twinkling stars splattered across the sky. The stars gave her comfort, huh? The male scoffed, the stars were far too bright and annoying for him; he preferred the darkness, after all.

 

+++

 

For the second time, Gayeon was no where to be found at the moment. Chenle had woken up on his side of the bed, only to find that she was gone again. He rolled his eyes, not thinking much about it this time. Why should he care about her whereabouts anyw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter