r | 6

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 6]

“I ing hate Jisung.” Chenle muttered, grumpily dropping his duffel bag onto the floor. He stared at the little hotel room his best friend had booked for the next two days for him and Gayeon. The younger must have done this on purpose to get back at them. The room was decent in size. The issue is that they expected separate beds, but Jisung booked a one-bed room instead. This was pure punishment. Chenle could imagine the latter snickering to himself back home for the scheme he had just pulled on the two. you, Jisung...

 

“Trust me, I’d rather die than sleep with you.” said the girl with her arms crossed.

 

“Please, do kill yourself so I can sleep in peace tonight then.”

 

+++

 

Sleeping in peace? It was more like torture.

 

The two made it clear they wanted nothing to do with each other. That includes any form of interaction while they share their room. She had her side, he had his; boundaries were set the moment they stepped into the hotel room. Jisung informed the male that his mission was to be carried out the next day. For now, Jisung wanted them to rest up for the night. This was simply just a mere excuse for Jisung to relax by himself back at home. The mission would've only taken one night. However, Jisung couldn't pass up the opportunity to give them an extra day to be away from home.

 

And so, Chenle and Gayeon washed up before going to their respective sides and spaces in the hotel room. They didn't utter a single word to each other for the rest of the night; it wasn't as if they needed to do so any way.

 

Sleep. The action meant two things for Chenle. The first, rest. The second, nightmares. Sleep never brought him a sense of peace nor calmness. He slept because he needed to. Sleeping was only needed to regain energy. Otherwise, the male would never prefer to do so because it always brought him nightmares regarding his past.

 

•••

Eyes scanning his surroundings, the male soon realized he was in his own bedroom. However, it was the same one he used three years ago. The place sent chills down his spine almost immediately as memories began to jumble up his thoughts. Feeling as though the room was going to close in on him to leave him suffocating to death, he dragged himself out through the door.

 

The boy froze when his eyes met familiar, ones that belonged to Hana. He was confused as to why her eyes expressed so much sadness. Normally, she would have appeared so happily.

 

His heart sank as his eyes noticed the lifeless body lying behind her. Scrambling past her, he dropped onto his knees to scan the victim’s face. Oh, lord. His hands, no, his entire body was trembling. Cradling the bloodied girl in his arms. He was begging Gayeon to wake up, but he knew he was too late. Her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter