r | 5

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 5]

Dragging her feet across the floor, Gayeon walked into the kitchen for a glass of water after finding difficulty in falling back asleep. Much to her surprise, the light was on in the kitchen. It was almost 4 AM in the morning yet Chenle sat there twirling his handgun around with a blank expression across his face. Her footsteps had prompted him to automatically point his gun towards her direction.

 

Holding in her breath and freezing in one spot, she watched him sigh heavily before lowering his gun once he recognized her. “What are you doing up?” She heard him ask.

 

“I can ask you the same thing. Can’t go back to sleep. You?” She responded as her back was facing him while she filled a glass of water.

 

“Can’t sleep.” The male replied, leaning back into his seat and playing with his gun once again.

 

Both of them couldn’t ignore the tension in the air. The awkwardness between them rolled in as quick as the very few words exchanged disappeared into thin air. She tilted her head as she found it difficult to read him; his blank expressions and cold stares didn’t help. Clearing , she finally broke the silence, “Uh, how’s your wound?”

 

She watched his eyebrows immediately knit together in confusion and irritation. “What’s it to you? Mind your damn business.”

 

In complete disbelief, she crossed her arms and scoffed at his sudden attitude. “Well, you too! At least I was kind enough to check up on you even though you want me dead!”

 

“I don’t need you to be nice! If it wasn’t for Jisung, I would’ve killed you already!”

 

“What’s your problem?! I didn’t even do anything for you to hate me!” It was unfair. Why did she have to receive such hatred from him when she didn’t do anything to him. If anything, only she has the right to feel hateful towards him. After all, he is the one that wants to kill her.

 

Slamming his hands onto the table as he shot up from his seat, his eyes pierced into her soul. “Your existence is e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter