r | 16

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 16]

Never in a billion years, did Jisung expect himself to see what he did this morning. The male woke up, only to realize both his best friend and his sister had disappeared. Panic immediately overwhelmed him; He couldn’t find them anywhere in the house and today is not going to be the day for it to happen. He tried calling both of their phones, but there were no answers. Unfortunately, he found both phones left in their respective rooms. Did they just leave them on purpose or were they kidnapped? Either way, his question was how and why?

 

Literally searching the each and every room and corner in this home, Jisung was becoming more and more worried. The male was sweating bullets as he decided to sit down and check the camera footage. The boy had to brace himself for what he could possibly see from the footage. What if they were kidnapped?

 

However, pulling up the security cameras, the male now displayed a rather blank expression out of disbelief of what he saw; the two he had been scrambling to find were merely sleeping outside. He was confused as to why they were outside, but he was more confused as to why they are together. On the bright side, it must’ve meant they were on decent terms right?

 

The male chuckled to himself as he noticed how they were both sleeping awkwardly on their respective sides, not wanting to even touch each other. He was just glad no one got killed, honestly.

 

+++

 

To Gayeon’s surprise, the male completely ignored her the following day. His treatment towards her left her baffled. It was as though they never even talked the night before! Was she suddenly invisible to him again? And to think they’d be on decent terms now. It would be a lie if Gayeon said she wasn’t infuriated by his behavior.

 

Unfortunately, anyone who knows Chenle, understands how badly he wants to protect his ego and pride. Opening up to Gayeon was something Chenle didn’t want to admit to nor remember.

 

The girl, however, was struggling to understand him. He wouldn’t even bat an eye at her let alone talk. Chenle was starting to join them for meals now, but it didn’t mean he would enjoy nor speak. He was simply only complying to Jisung’s requests, that’s all.

 

The silence and awkwardness were driving her insane. She wanted them to act comfortable, but it seems nearly impossible. “Jisung, your best friend is such a jerk.”

 

“Okay...but that’s old news. Why do you want him to be comfortable with you so much?”

 

“I just want his attention for once!” The girl shouted back, only realizing a few seconds later that she had exposed herself. The amusement was evident in her brother’s face as he displayed a smirk, causing the girl to look away with rosy cheeks.

 

“So you want his attention, huh? Yeon, do you like him?”

 

She scoffed as she still avoided his eyes; her cheeks were becoming warmer and rosier. “N-No. I just figured we should be nice to each other. He did save my life a few times and I guess he’s not that bad to talk to...”

 

“Wow, one night of talking does that to you!” Her twin yelped as his words earned him a slap on the arm. “Anyway, if you want the both of you to be okay, you have to initiate everything; he’s quite prideful.”

 

“Was that how you became best friends with him?”

 

“Nah, the man himself approached me with his dolphin laughs.”

 

Gayeon stared at him in confusion; dolphin laughs? Chenle, initiating things? That’s impossible! “What do you mean dolphin laughs?”

 

“His laughs resembled a dolphin. It’s quite contagious. But that was a long time ago, I haven’t heard him laugh in years.”

 

+++

 

Being the one more bothered by their awkwardness, Gayeon was sick of it continuing. The male has kept this act up for days and she couldn’t stand it anymore. For some odd reason, she kept t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter