r | 7

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 7]

"Chenle."

 

"Are you good?"

 

"Chenle."

 

"Are you okay? Keep an eye on Gayeon. Yah, focus-"

 

"Chenle!" The said male finally ripped himself out of the thoughts when Gayeon snapped, gripping onto his shoulders and shaking him vigorously. Her yells managed to reel him back to his reality. The girl stared up at him, fingers practically digging into his shoulders as she was trying her best to bring back the male who was normally incredibly alert and focused. "What the hell is wrong with you today?!"

 

His breaths were still uneasy as his eyes were met with hers. His mind was driving him insane, constantly drowning him in his fears. He could hear muffled yells through his ear piece, assuming they were from Jisung. However, he just couldn't bring himself to make out the words said to him.

 

It would have been a lie for Gayeon to say that she wasn't worried about him. The male has been so out of it ever since they started their day. He was so unlike himself; he couldn't even stay focused for long before he would lose himself again. Jisung has been constantly yelling into the older's ears all day and Gayeon was trying her best to get him to snap out of his thoughts. Chenle looked incredibly exhausted as if he was ready to drop dead at any second.

 

The girl had to pull him aside into an alley for the billionth time today. "Chenle, snap out of it! What the is wrong?!" Her eyes bore into his dark orbs, trying to read him somehow.

 

in the air through his nose, he clenched his jaw as he realized just how stupid he was being. His change in behavior because of his nightmare last night was weighing down on his own work. "Nothing's wrong." The male mumbled to her.

 

"Are you okay? Like, seriously."

 

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Her eyebrow raised as she knew very well he was lying. However, she was not going to pry too much as he seemed to be his old himself again, for a while at least.

 

On the bright side, Gayeon managed to bring Chenle back to what he needed to focus on at the moment. Jisung was glad his sister was with his best friend. These things happen often, but they never got to the point it did today. Chenle has never struggled to listen to him as much as he did today.

 

"Chenle, I need you guys to head over to the Han Incorporation building down the street. According to the information I have and the CCTVs, someone connected to WayV is making deals inside." Jisung instructed, prompting the two to be on their move. Honestly, Gayeon was not needed to be with Chenle for this mission. Chenle and her brother actually insisted on leaving her back at their hotel room. However, the girl begged Chenle until he got too annoyed with her that he finally agreed.

 

The only downside of having Gayeon around is that Chenle absolutely hated her presence. The two were bickering the entire time and poor Jisung's ears were suffering on the other end.

 

"It's not my fault that you're so damn slow!" The male shouted at her as they had gotten outside of the building.

 

"Well, stop ing walking so fast then!" Anyone who walked by and heard them would have assumed they were having a couple's fight.

 

"Oh, shut the -"

 

If it weren't for Jisung cutting the two off, they probably would have forgotten the purpose of being there right now. "Guys! Focus! You two cannot be together, oh my god."

 

"It's her/his fault!" The both of them snapped back at the same time, killing Jisung's eardrums.

 

"That's it! Split up! Chenle, I need you to go into the building and track that person down. He's on the third floor in a meeting right now. You need to keep an eye on him until he leaves the building to get information from him. Gayeon, just...stay outside. It can get dangerous." His sister rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in annoyance. She hated that they were going to leave her outside, but she couldn't blame them since she was inexperienced after all. Before she could even say anything, Chenle was already gone and out of her sight.

 

+++

 

Sneaking in without anyone noticing Chenle was easy, nothing too difficult. At this point, Chenle was too skilled for himself to fail. "Sung, which one is the guy?"

 

"He should be somewhat short; 5'7" ish. Jet black hair, wearing a plain ol' black suit with a pair of thin circular glasses. He goes by Ten."

 

"Found him. He's leaving." The Chinese male reported, adjusting his black cap. His eyes locked onto the person who was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter