r | 12

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 12]

No other words were exchanged for the rest of the night. All three needed some time to themselves, to be honest. Chenle was in the midst of drowning himself in the memories of his past when he suddenly heard and felt an explosion that shook the home. His eyes widened as his naturally-alert self realized the situation. Someone was ambushing them right now, but why? And how? The male had so many questions, yet had no time to sitand ponder for such answers.

 

Automatically sliding his handgun to his waistband, the male also got a hold of the case for his sniper. Practically sprinting out of his bedroom, the male ran into Jisung, who was already panicking. Chenle could see the fear and worry in his eyes. He knew where Jisung was trying to do: to find Gayeon. “Go take care of your data and I’ll find her. I’m pretty sure the front and back entrance were bombed, so just take the emergency route and let’s go with the escape plan.”

 

“Please keep her safe.” Jisung begged and Chenle nodded in reassurance before they split ways.

 

It was rather odd; there were explosions, smaller ones at on top of that, and no one was in sight. Not a single person had stepped foot within the property. However, it was too risky to be convinced that there wasn’t anyone. Gayeon’s bedroom was closer to the back entrance and Chenle could only pray that the girl wasn’t injured.

 

A temporary feeling of relief came and went when Chenle found her room- for the most part- still in tact. Making his way into the room, he felt a rush of panic as he found it to be empty. Where could she have gone? Surely, the enemy didn’t kidnap her, right?

 

“Gayeon? Are you in here?” The boy asked quite loudly, hoping he could actually find her. Snapping his head from the smallest movement made in the room, Chenle narrowed his eyes at the now cracked open closet in the room. “Yeon? Is that you?” He spoke rather softly; now was not the time to be griping about the level of kindness she did or did not deserve from him. The girl peered out, with her tear-stained face. She immediately jumped into her closet to hide from potential attackers. The male could clearly see her trembling in fear as she remained in her same spot. Stepping towards her, he called out to her again. “Come on, let’s get you out of here. Jisung’s waiting for you.” At first, Gayeon hesitated to lisetn to him, but eventually  yet slowly, inched out of the closet from the mention of her brother. His name must have given her a sense of reassurance.

 

He squatted down to her level, staring into her teary eyes and held out his hand. “Everything’s going to be okay. We need to get going, alright?” The girl nodded and began to follow his lead.

 

Hand in hand, the two ran into Jisung’s room. It was abandoned at this point. Opening the closet in his room, Chenle re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter