r | 17

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 17]

Gayeon, who was sobbing into her pillows as she lied in her own bed, jumped when the piercing sounds of glass shattering tore through her eardrums. With her heart racing, she rushed out of her room to approach the source of the noise, but paused in her footsteps as she realized where it was coming from. There didn’t seem to be an end to the shattering of objects as she halted to a stop out in the living room. She froze as she almost immediately knew it was because of Chenle.

 

Jisung, being present in the room, also jumped each time Chenle knocked another object onto the ground. The older male was going insane at this point; His past was haunting him and he was now petrified.

 

At first, Chenle thought Jisung was kidding. Surely, he hasn’t let her in yet? Jisung found it necessary to break the truth to his best friend; he couldn’t continue running away for the rest of his life, drowned in denial.

 

“If you didn’t care about her, you wouldn’t have protected her when she needed you.”

 

“Why else would you open up to her that one night?”

 

“Why else would you keep trying to push her away?”

 

“Zhong Chenle, she already means something to you because you’ve let her in a while back. You can’t keep running away like that.”

 

He didn’t seem to grasp it; when? When did he lower down his guard? Not seeming to accept reality, Chenle was losing it. His fears and nightmares were now so realistic that he was terrified. Now, it was too late- he can’t even push her away as much as he wanted to.

 

He recalled the memories of what happened to Hana. All of the traumatizing memories of her being killed rece again. However, Gayeon was now appearing in his mind. What if the same thing happens to her too? He ed up. God, he ed up so badly.

 

It didn’t seem like Chenle was going to stop his act of rage. He was scared he might have to relive his nightmare; he didn’t want to return to Jisung after getting Gayeon killed this time. Throwing the final object remaining in his bedroom to knock onto the ground

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter