Chapter Six

Endura: The Enduring Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the first time I've been to Wheein's room but I know, without a doubt, I know that I've been here before. There was the sudden flash of moments in front of my eyes and it hit me with a strong force. I had to grip harder on the door frame in order to keep me balanced. My heart started to beat so fast and I had to breathe harder when it seemed like the sight of this room enclosed me so suddenly.

I dared to step forward while I blinked my eyes open as I started to hear voices, started to see things in front of me. I could hear faint sounds of two familiar voices laughing in my head. 

Who owned those voices?

I slowly moved forward still breathing heavily and heart beating fast as I started to hear my voice calling out Wheein's name. I could definitely hear voices, which I now discovered were mine and Wheein's.

When I glanced at the bed, another wave of projections and voices hit me. I held my head with my hands as my head started to throb. I heaved a huge breath, trying to calm myself down. I closed my eyes and started to see things that I didn't know happened.

I could see Wheein and I sleeping on the bed together; kissing, hugging, snuggling and doing something far more intimate than I could ever imagine. I see a flash of an image where Wheein was hugging me from behind as we looked out of the window, whispering words of affection. I tightly shut my eyes as I tried to make sense of what's happening in my head. 

I love you. I heard my voice say those words, which is nothing new because I just said that to Wheein. What surprised me is what I heard next.

I love you, Kim Yongsun. I heard Wheein's voice say those words lovingly, which made me abruptly open my eyes.

What is happening to me?

My knees buckled but I was able to hold onto myself and remained standing.

"" I hissed under my breath as the throbbing in my head seemed to worsen.

I leaned onto the bedroom wall as I walked further into Wheein's bedroom, moving to her bedside table as some things caught my attention in there. With my fast beating heart and heavy breath, I scanned my eyes on all the framed pictures in there.

I saw framed pictures of us together, smiling and laughing, and being so close to each other. I saw a picture of me with my hair parted and tied in a loose ponytail while the stem of a white flower trapped in between my lips. I immediately closed my eyes as another moment flashed in my throbbing head.

I wanted to have this tattooed on me. 

Yeah? What if we'll break up? You might regret it.

We won't.

You're that confident? 

Of course. I love you. 

I released a heavy sigh, panting, after the moment ended and opened my eyes again as another frame caught my attention. I was holding a baby in my arms while Wheein had her arms wrapped around me, her chin resting on my shoulder, as we both stared lovingly at the baby. 

What are you going to name her? 

Nabi. 

What? I thought I'm your only butterfly.

Well, you have to it up because there'll be two of you now.

Fine. But I love it. It suits her so much.

I know! See, you both even shared that single dimple.

I love you, Nabi. Mama and Mommy love you so much!

"Nabi!" I hissed under my breath as my tears started to flow from my eyes. I clasped my mouth as I started to sob when I realized what was happening to me right now.

That’s why it seems like something in me is incomplete, something’s missing. I’ve been trying to figure out Wheein, but I should’ve done it to myself. My dreams of Wheein and I together weren’t just the fantasies in my head when I started to feel attracted to her. They were pieces of my memory with her. Reality that happened and has been buried in my head.

With my blurry vision, another picture caught my attention. I was covering Wheein's mouth with my left hand. Her eyebrows were raised up and her eyes were wide open as if scared by my action. My face leaned closely to hers on her right side, smiling so wide that my eyes crinkled so much. I looked so happy. But it wasn't that that caught my attention. It was the ring on my left hand that had me open my eyes so wide. The same emerald-cut silver diamond ring that Wheein always wore. I closed my eyes and in a huge breath as another moment hit me.

Yong… Will you marry me?

Yong?

Of course! Of course! I love you, Jung Wheein.

I love you too, Kim Yongsun. 

Do you like the ring? It wasn't that big… 

I love it, Whee. I love it so much.

"Ahhh!" I screamed and cried as I held my head from both the memories that were rushing into me and from the intense throbbing in my head. My ears were now ringing, silencing everything around me.

I was suddenly turned around and I felt hands cupping my cheek. I opened my eyes to see Wheein's worried eyes looking at me while moved as if talking to me.

The sight of her suddenly stopped the ringing in my ears, hearing her words said to me now.

"Yong, are you okay?" she said, her voice shaking from urgency.

I held her wrist, remembering her injured knuckles, and harshly dropped it from my face as my eyebrows met in the middle. My heart is still beating fast and I'm still breathing hard, but this time, it was because of anger. Anger towards her. I'm fuming mad that I don't even think of what I'm going to say or do anymore. Because right now, I'm just mad at Wheein.

After I dropped her hands, I slapped her so hard that the sound created from it rang in my ears for a short while.

"How dare you?" I said in between clenched teeth.

She held her left cheek as she looked at me with wide eyes, surprised from my sudden attack.

"How dare you keep everything from me?" I said again. My hands were clenched in fists beside me as my body vibrated in anger, ignoring the pain in my head.

"Yong…" she whispered, eyes turning soft as she realized what was happening. As she realized that I have remembered.

" you, Wheein!" I shouted, unable to contain it anymore while pointing a finger at her. "You have a whole ing year to tell me everything! Everything! But you kept all of it!" 

She dropped her hands from her cheek and let it hang beside her while she looked at me sadly. I suddenly walked closer to her, startling her, and grabbed her right wrist. I raised it in front of me and rolled her sleeves up to her arms harshly causing her to flinch from my actions. 

There. Right there on her arms were tattoos that I just remembered. My face, and the two butterflies for her and our daughter. I dropped her arm and held my head, walking backwards with my eyes closed, as a sudden hammering in my head accompanied the million memories that flashed in my head. 

I love you.

I love you so much.

I love you, Yong. 

Kim Yongsun, I love you.

I love you so much, okay? 

I love you, Kim Yongsun.

I love you. I hope you remember that.

I'm sorry. I love you. 

Various versions of I love you all said lovingly by the same person as different kinds of scenarios and memories accompany every phrase. Different places were flashed in my head, but it felt the same because it was always her face that I saw when I heard those. And she said it with the same amount of intensity and depth. It doesn't matter whether her voice was laughing or serious or crying, because it carried the same gravity when it reached me.

I felt her hands once again on my cheeks and her voice calling me, not from memory, but here in reality. I opened my eyes and met her worried eyes once again. I dropped her hands and pushed her away from me, still fuming mad at her. 

"Don't touch me!" I shouted, glaring so hard at her. "You have taken all my right. All my right, Wheein! How dare you decide for myself?!" 

She flinched once again from my shouting, averting my gaze, while she stood silently across from me.

"My right to know! My right to decide! My right to the memories in my head! And my right to our daughter!" I shouted the last part so loud that I could feel myself heat up from anger.

I unconsciously held my head from the continuous hammering in there that alerted Wheein in front of me. 

"Your head…" she said worriedly, but I cut her off, ignoring everything around and within me except for my anger towards her.

"Our daughter doesn't even know me" I whispered, my tears started to flow once again from my eyes.

Despite the blurriness that my tears brought in my vision, I could still see Wheein's tears started to flow from her eyes as well.

"She doesn't even want me to carry her, to hold her. She only wants you. She only wants you! And there was nothing I could do because you took that opportunity away from me!" I shouted so loud, slowly steppin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter