Chapter 32

Borrowed From God (Ongoing)

CHAPTER 32

 

            Micky’s face instantly dimmed after seeing Shiro step out of the car. He then felt like he wanted to just punch Shiro straight on the face.

 

            “Where’s Muko?” Micky asked with a serious tone.

 

            Shiro looked back at his car. “She’s in my car. I saw her inside and she was already so drunk. Good thing, I came along or else who knows what might have happened to her. Not all men would be so kind enough to call a girl’s husband to come pick her up especially when the girl is already unconscious. You do get what I mean right?” he said with a hint of sarcasm.

 

            Micky’s expression became more serious and just walked passed Shiro straight to the car where Muko was. Carefully, he then took out his wife of the car and carried her to his own car.

 

            Shiro lowered his head and somehow tried to clear his head. He was so mad. He couldn’t understand why some men are so careless with their love ones. Micky was already very lucky to have such a very special girl beside him and yet he wasn’t taking good care of her. And it was very obvious that she was hurting. And this was the fact that he couldn’t accept.

 

            After taking care of Muko, Micky went back to face Shiro. “Thank you for taking care of my wife…” he said coldly.

 

            Shiro chuckled as if to mock the man standing before him. “You’re really something. Next time I see your wife drunk, don’t expect me to call you. I’ll just take her far, far, far away from you. She’s a beautiful and kind woman. You should be taking good care of her. But instead you’re letting her go alone late at night, at a place like this? Think clearly… she’s human too. Whatever she’s going through, she shouldn’t be going through it alone. If you don’t have the time to accompany her… there are other men who would gladly take your place anytime.”

 

            Micky felt like his temper had risen to the extent that it couldn’t be controlled anymore. He quickly rushed to Shiro and punched him straight on the face. “What are you trying to imply? Are you implying that you would gladly accompany her anytime? You’re forgetting that she’s already married. She’s married to me! So you don’t have any right to lecture me on what I can or cannot do with my wife. Stay away from Muko! The very first time I saw you around her. I already had this feeling about you. Don’t let me catch you again with my wife or else…” he warned.

 

            Shiro let out a mocking laugh. He then slowly wiped away the blood gushing from the wound on his lower lip. “Hurt? It can only mean that what I said is the truth. You don’t have to scare me… because honestly I don’t get scared easily. Again… take care of your wife. Next time I see her crying. I will take her away from you.”

 

            Micky wanted to punch Shiro again but somehow he just decided to leave. “I don’t need to listen to your words. I hope that we will never cross paths again,” he said with a serious tone.

 

            Shiro just stared while Micky angrily walked away.

 

            “Take care, angel…” Shiro uttered.

 

            ****************

 

            The next day….

 

            Muko slowly opened her eyes. Somehow her head was spinning. “Where? Where am I?” she asked out of confusion. The last thing she could remember was that she was in a bar. The rest was blank.

 

            “You’re home…” a cold voice answered.

 

            Muko looked at the direction where the voice came from. “Micky… how… how did I get here?” she asked again.

 

            Micky’s face immediately changed from a blank expression into a dark one. “Shiro called me. He told me that he found you drunk in a bar. Does that answer your question?”

 

            “Oh…” Muko uttered. Somehow she couldn’t think of anything else to say after hearing his reply.

 

            “Oh? Is that all you have to say? Is that what you’re supposed to say to your husband who has spent so many hours waiting and searching for you? Only to be called by another man and to be told that she was with another man…” Micky said angrily.

 

            Muko glared back at her husband. She was feeling very angry as well. “At least I am not letting another man stay here with you right? This conversation is going nowhere. I am going out.” She then tried to stand up and walk towards the door.

 

            Micky quickly grabbed Muko by the hand. “You’re not going anywhere, not unless I say so. You’re staying here… with me,” he said with a frightening voice.

 

            Muko then stared straight into his eyes. “I don’t know you…. Are you the same Micky that I married? Besides you don’t have to act like you’re so affected by what I am doing. In just a year, our marriage will be over anyway. So let’s just leave everything simple… for everyone’s sake.”

 

            Micky felt a sharp pain in his heart. “What are you saying?”

 

            Muko looked at the man that she loves with hurt and sadness in her eyes. “I mean… let’s just separate after our contract ends. It is for everyone’s best interest, especially your child. After we… after this is over, you can continue your life and build a new life with your child and Nan Hee.”

 

            Micky shook his head. “No! I won’t accept what you’re saying. I am not letting you go. What about what we talked about before? What about me teaching you what love means? I thought we already agreed that we would still stay married even after the year passes? Why are you suddenly changing your decision now?”

 

            Muko looked away and somehow tried to smile bitterly. “Because honestly even if I try to be good and just act like I am not affected… It hurts so much to see you with the woman who is the mother of your child… And I can’t get the picture of child growing up without a father. I have worked with so many children before and so I know that the only thing that a child wants is a family. A family where there is a father and a mother. And in that picture, there is only you, Nan Hee and your child. There is no… me… and there can never be a place for me no matter what I do.”

 

            Micky felt like his world was shaking. He quickly rushed to Muko’s side and drew her into his arms. “I’m not letting you go, Muko. Do you hear me? I… I love you. Please don’t let this situation separate us. We can work things out. Please just give me some time to fix everything. I know you’re hurting. And I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Believe in me please… I beg you,” he said as tears started to escape his eyes.

 

            Muko just stayed numb. She didn’t want to feel anymore. She was tired. She was confused and hurt. Slowly she broke away from Micky’s embrace. “I’m sorry Micky… but I am so confused right now. Give me more time… Maybe it’s best that I stay with my sister for now. I think it’s best that we give each other enough time to decide.”

 

            “No, I won’t let you go. We can fix this, Muko… please,” Micky begged.

 

            Muko looked away. She didn’t want her heart to melt with the sight of Micky’s tears. “I just need some time Micky, please give me some time to think.”

 

            “But what if… what if… you suddenly decide not to come back? What should I do then? I love you. You can’t leave me,” Micky said in desperation.

 

            “Then it only means that we weren’t really meant to be…” Muko uttered softly.

 

            Micky just dropped down on the floor as soon as Muko stepped out of the door. “Muko, why…” he felt like his world just started crumbling down bit by bit…

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Next door… someone was patiently listening and waiting.

 

A smile quickly appeared on Nan Hee’s lips as soon as she heard the closing of the main door. “Yes, she’s starting to crumble… Just a little more…. You’re going to be mine again, Micky.”

 

******************

 

“Go back, Muko. You shouldn’t be here,” Hikaru said in an irritated voice.

 

Muko smiled sweetly at her sister. “I want to take care of my dear sister. Is there anything wrong with that? Besides I already told Micky that I will be staying here for a while so I can take care of you. So there’s really no problem…” she lied.

 

Hikaru quietly examined her sister’s expression. She knew that something was wrong. “Did you guys have a fight? Is that the reason why you’re here? I told you, I can take care of myself. Besides I already have a personal nurse that can look after me. So you don’t have to be so worried.”

Muko shook her head and smiled again. “I’m going to stay here for a while. I want to spend my time with you. You are more important than anything or anyone else in this world, aside from Father of course,” she tried to hide the shaking of her voice with a laugh.

 

Hikaru continued to look at Muko as if trying to figure what is wrong. “Okay, if you really want to stay here. Then I might as well take advantage of the situation right?” she then decided to change the topic. She already knew that Muko was hurting and she didn’t want to add more problems for her sister.

 

Muko nodded. “Yes, we can use this time to bond much, much closer. How about we do some sight-seeing tomorrow? Do you think you can go out? Or maybe we can just do something inside the house… like cook? Or are you allowed to get…”

 

“Sshhh….” Hikaru signaled her sister to be quiet. “Yes, I am sick… But I don’t want to spend my remaining time being tied to a bed. We can do whatever you want. We can go anywhere you want. Just tell me where you want to go and I will gladly follow.”

 

Muko quickly hugged her sister tightly. “Everything’s gonna be all right. I’ll learn to forget… I need to do this, for the child’s sake,” she continued to tell herself.

 

                                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Days passed…..

 

“I’ll get the door,” Jaejoong said as he hurriedly ran to open the door. He was somehow hoping that Muko had returned.

 

But…

 

“Is Micky here?” a cold voice asked in an authoritative voice.

 

Jaejoong instantly felt the cold wind circle around the place where he was standing. “This is bad,” he thought.

 

Hikaru entered the living room and immediately called out for Micky to come out.

 

Within seconds, Micky appeared. “Why?” he asked in a low voice.

 

“You’re asking me why I’m here? Shouldn’t I be the one asking you why Muko is back at our house? Are you really that dumb or what? Are you really testing my patience?” Hikaru shouted angrily.

 

“But…” Micky was about to say something when Nan Hee suddenly went out of his room together with their child.

 

Hikaru’s eyes grew in a maddening manner. “What’s the meaning of this? What the hell are you guys doing? Who is this woman?” she asked Micky in a very frightening voice.

 

Micky looked back at Nan Hee and their child. “She… she’s Nan Hee and the child… is our child,” he bravely answered.

 

Hikaru angrily approached Micky and slapped him hard. Micky just stood frozen as if he didn’t even feel anything. “Is this the reason why my sister won’t come home? Is this the reason why you won’t look after your wife? You’re such a low excuse of a man…. I guess I was wrong in trusting you with my sister. And you….” she then approached Nan Hee.

 

Nan Hee quickly embraced her child and tried to move away from Hikaru. She was afraid of what Hikaru might do.

Micky rushed to protect Nan Hee and their child.  He stood in the way between Hikaru and Nan Hee.

 

Hikaru somehow felt disgusted with what she saw. “Don’t worry, I will never hurt a child. But regarding the mother… I can do other things… more severe things,” she said in such a chilling tone that sent shivers down all the people who witnessed her anger.

 

“I really don’t know what to say now. But I will surely explain my side when the right time comes,” Micky uttered calmly.

 

Hikaru laughed wickedly. “Really now? Do you really think that I would even allow you to have another chance? You’re dreaming. Just stay with your lover and your child and live a happy life. If…… you can,” she then laughed again. “I already reminded you so many times that you can never, ever hurt my sister. But still… you did a good job. I want to congratulate you. You just made your worst enemy.” And then she quickly turned around to leave.

 

 Just a few seconds passed and the door banged so loud that somehow the whole place trembled.

 

Max, Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know who were also present in the living were just silently watching. They knew that a great storm is coming their way….